Fishing with hard baits

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:51pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

how about you bring me back a few hard body lures sinking please
churrrrrr
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:19pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

simply awesome huge lure fan, these hard bodied lures look awesome keen to try were abouts you get the sebile green guy?. ebay?
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpidersWeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 6:40pm
SpidersWeb View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just a small tip I picked up. If you want to try giving your lure more action (if it needs it), and you're using a spin reel, use your finger to hold the line close to the rod near the spool, and wind up. Makes it pulse like an injured fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 9:29pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some of the sebiles available here now....

...and these are some Strike Pros also newly in....

So nice new bling for us all to stock up on! :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 10:58pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Mike Anda from TopCatch on 'Diversity' last Saturday - 3 snaps from 3 drops NE of Tiri in 35m. These things seem to work....

Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 9:56pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wicked grunta the sinker dident hurt the lure to much

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 10:13pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Not at all - when I first looked at the set-up I was a bit sceptical but it was damn effective. We were drifting in 35m with plenty of wind so no option but to add some weight. I guess you could always add a weight say above a swivel and then run a trace but not sure how that effects the action. Anyone got any ideas on weighting these things in situations like that??
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 11:52pm
Titanium
Titanium

Graham Andrews of Kilwell was trying to introduce a range of lead-crystal sinkers a while back that would have been ideal for using with this sort of rig I think... sadly, the samples I got off him are now up in the islands. I was trying to figure out a less intrusive way of adding weight to these sebiles as well, that (as you have there grunta) was the only way I could think of too.
Was gonna try to sort out a little more this week, but the damn weather has blitzed that.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote albert wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 2:44am
albert wild View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Grant, there is a couple of ways you can add weight to a flatshad to increase it's sink rate and retain good presentation. The first is applying thin adhesive lead strip to the belly. We do this with many hard body lures to adjust their buoyancy and sink rates. You can add multiple layers for extra weight, just test swim the lure until you get the result you are after. It's available in most good tackle stores in OZ. You can also wrap some lead solder wire around the main shank of each treble, this also works well. Take your time and keep everything balanced and it works fine. The lure Mike was using is an SK version, to get down faster you can go to the 96mm XH-SK that weighs 60grams- it sinks twice as fast
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 11:28am
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think the sinker on top of the lure will slide down the line away from the lure on the sink then once it gets to the bottom the lighter lure will flutter down after. I use this on 1/2oz jig heads in deeper water and its very effective on snapper. Having the weight there doesnt seem to affect its efficiency.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 12:35pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What about cone shaped tungsten weights?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 12:17pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

man i miss the tungsten weights know ware i can get some muppet?
deff gone stock up on a few sebiles flat shads for fishing in around the wash and in water to 20mtres hey albert what are the weedless flat shads like
 think they would suit the 1-3mtr depths i and supper weedy area i fish in some big ass fish there and keen to give them a shot there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:56pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

some managed to find there way into my posession today as well as some Strike Pro ones ...  although looking now I should have bought some heavier ones ...whoops Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 10:53pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a good tutu with my new xl 60 senile flat shade tonight what a lure if the fish are hungry it gona b on
Some wicked vibrations come from this lure
Will put it to the test tomorrow going to toss it around some deep wash
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2012 at 11:01pm
Titanium
Titanium

They were deadly on the mangrove jacks up in the Solomons in january, I know that much.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Space1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 8:13am
Space1122 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey guys, here few videos with hard baits underwater, nice watching Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marknado4000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 9:46am
Marknado4000 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

These things are alot of fun, only taken it out once but caught a bunch of kahawai, got a couple of snapper but found them really hard work on snaps compared to microjigs etc, will try with a sinker as above, that will save me losing interest in waiting for it to sink LOL

Page  <1 234