Womens sections in fishing clubs?

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 10:33am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jo, my wife hates fishing but loves boating. She can handle the boat but would not be very confident taking it out of the marina or backing it in again. But that is just practise...must get her doing it more instead of pouring the bubbles for her bloody girlfriends that I always seem to have a boat full of.

She is more than happy to sit around for a couple of hours while I catch a feed. Usually just the two of us on board most weekends, however over Labour weekend we had my sister, my wife's sister and a friend of hers (female) on board and all bar my wife fished...so long as I baited and removed the catch and they could look the other way will I ikied the fish!

I find when you have a group of women fishing who are only "occassional fishers" you have to watch out for the boredom level. It is fine while you are catching a few but half an hour with only a couple of bites and you had better break out the chardonnay and snacks and head for a nice calm anchorage. Actually, you can probably remove the "women" from that sentence now I come to think about it.

SaltyC
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2004 at 11:23am
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

damn I had this really cool post typed out and hit send and there was an accident down the road at exactly the same time.

Basis of it is, some women feel intimidated in the competition situation where men can also fish, they also are not thought of by said men who usually own boats and also end up babysitting. 

Capitalisation is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."People First New Zealand
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 10:38pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I do a annual 5 day charter to the Ranfurly Banks.8 bunks onboard + 2 for the crew.A core of 6 of us have made the trip 5 years running.The other guys know my views re women on our charter.I`ll forego my deposit if the guys `surprise` me with a female fishing buddie at the dock.Why.Well,if a female is onboard my behaviour/language/jokes etc would be modified.I also end up being naked whilst taking of my dive gear on the deck.Having a leak over the side,showers etc.I don`t think my attitude in this instance makes me a `pig`.I happen to have been raised not to use foul language etc in the company of ladies.Sure,plenty of women can cut it with blokes in the gross out dept,but I do not like the company of said women anyways.Any time I fork out over $1500 for a private  multiday charter,my choice of crew makeup/gender will not be governed by PC tripe.JMTCW......   
Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 11:00pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Was talking with a fishing mate today & we got onto the subject of women aboard small boats.

His words "women are only good for two things when on board a small boat, moaning & whinging". There was one more small point he made & that related to the degree of difficulty in the bladder dept.

I understand that operators of small charter boats are restricted to no more than 20mins away from a jetty or wharf if there is no toilet aboard. And that wharf or jetty must have a toilet!

I would guess that applies to both sexes, but I'd be pretty snotted if a male insisted on going ashore to squat, diddly or not! What?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 11:29pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

funny the comment about getting naked....is it a complex you have? or do you think you lack something?

Personally as always, I wouldnt give a toss, I am more interested in the fishing not some dickwad who thinks his experience would be curtailed.

Get over it. I am sure if the tables were turned you would feel differently.

Was about to edit this into something more neutral and thought bugger it.

This is the sort of attitude that women get all the time doesnt matter whether they fish or not. AND this is why competitions for women only exist.

Sad thing is some of you guys probably dont even realise it.

We dont care about your language or crass jokes, we dont care about you pissing over the side or whether you can or not, or even if you compare dicks while having a pee. We do care about being treated as a lesser being. A large amount of men would rather take a dog fishing than a woman.

Quite frankly 3rnzir you are a sad sad man who I am quite glad I am nowhere near. Your attitude stinks and is unbecoming of a responsible angler.

postscript~ the other half read this and mentioned to me not to feed the trolls.

Capitalisation is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse.." and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.."People First New Zealand
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2004 at 12:18am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Glad to see you're up & running Jo! Ain't nuthin' like a good debate late at night!(lol)

Personally, I applaud any woman who is prepared to get out there & do it. I can't understand the mental glitch about touching fish, bait, hooks, etc.

From my observations, marriges that invole couples doing a bit more than what comes naturally, thrive to a much greater extent

Todays generation have become used to most things vaccum packed, sanitised, sterilized & bar coded.(disposable nappies are another of my gripes)

He who can design a small, private, & discreet toilet for small boats will make a mint 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2004 at 12:29am
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I guess its because they are told its icky behaviour patterning etc, funny thing is....who handles raw meat most of the time.

Did I tell you about the time I had to clean out the main sewer at work? Did you know that burnt lime is fantastic for knocking off maggots and repelling flies?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2004 at 6:43am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

your not winging about a boat load full of sheilas are ya salty??...maybe you should invite that bad bad man p squid to sort them out...

lindy loves fishing and loves boating...when baby is off the good milk she will be out there with me again, cant wait!..

Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2004 at 7:14am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My middle daughter fishes with me and comes on every charter she can get on. When she needs a leak, we have a bucket on board. Yes on mixed trips I moderate my language but I have no problem with that. On a dive trip, I have yet to see either men or women prance around naked, a little discreasion is always used with a towel. I find that no hassel at all.Yes I enjoy male only trips and have enjoyed being the deckie for women only trips and have both organised and been on mixed trips. I enjoy them all. I all the mixed trips Ive been on the only difference I have found is the bullsh*t and lies that some belive to be true is moderated a bit. I simply enjoy haveing women aboard and enjoy their company as much as men on a trip.
One thing I often dont enjoy on an extended trip is young children, on a couple of trip I have been on, kids of under 10 have spoilt the trip (only been on 2 trips like that mind you)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2004 at 8:00am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

3rnzir, I totally disaggree with your thoughts on women on charter trips, absolutely. If at all possible, I to have women on every long range trip really, as it does keep the guys a little more on their mettle... language is a little better, drunkeness is held back a little... basically the guys tend not to be quite so "Blokey" if there is a woman on board....makes for a better trip in my opinion. I fail to see the attraction in some hung-over shyte praising the lord over the side when we're trying to have breakfast etc.

As for womens comps? No real problem with them either, then again, I do not like them particularly. Mind you, I do not like ordinary comps, and only very seldom and with great reluctance enter any competition. Why? Mainly because I just do not enjoy having to stop fishing at a certain time, no matter if the fishing is just getting going, and worst of all, having to go to a clubrooms full of loud, semi-stewed fishermen and the interminable waiting for results to be announced.

Just not a very sociable chap I suppose. However, anything that encourages more people toget into rec fishing, the better. Kids comps, ladies comps, small boat comps, all of them are a good idea really.

cheers, Stu.

It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2004 at 1:12pm
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

you wernt the one with the funny wig and a dress on in the queen of the gulf contest were you capt???? 
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2004 at 10:03am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shhhhhhh.... dammit, I thought no-one noticed. Dang knabbit!
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote empty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2004 at 11:04am
empty View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

looking at the topic heading ,isnt it the kitchen opp im going now

what happened to the pissing man?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 10:16pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well,how many heifers on this thread come across as `hairy armpitted,femminazi dykes`?.Only 1 me thinks?Any wonder I refuse to do charter trips with chick`s I have never met?The next generation of chiks do show much promise though.Not as `bolshie` as this `75  ` lot.Thank goodness.There is hope for femmininity after all..

Out...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 10:49pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

it must be  a real bummer being an over 40`s heifer.without a  fisherMAN...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 11:27pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

A bit heavy there 3rnzir methinks!

This is a dual gender forum & I would like to think that women & kids would feel welcome. The sort of comments that have been made would put many off!

Is that a good thing?

Think buddy, think!

We have some , not many, but some ladies on here & they contribute well . I for one would like to  encourage their participation.

I've been on charters with women & have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I also have a fishing buddy lady that I fish with from time to time.

She is a go hard fisho, keen, alert & up with the play. Frankly, I think I would prefer fishing with her than with a macho anti-feminist.

Our sport should cross all boundrys, race, gender, age etc. WE should encourage all participants, We should be happy to take our wife, daughter's, Mother -in-law's out on the briny.

Think, buddy, think!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 11:35pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bloody hell...Im staying well away from this one...

My only comment is.... save yourself the bucks and do not rent Van Helsing on Vid or DVD. Its absolute and utter shyte

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 11:40pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I quite liked it Phatso, Underworld is even better, watched that tonight.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 11:44pm
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good lookin sheilas in it Jo....is it cool to say that ?

Dunno was just a little out there for me I guess.....one too many swings like tarzan for 2km's

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 11:56pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My mother in law was adamant she hated vampire movies but it was funny watching her watch the movie with her back to it while folding washing. The rest of us were dressed in wedding duds killing time before going out to the ceremony. Gotta say my other half and my two brother in laws looked good in morning suits.
Page  <1234>