Knots for Mono

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knots for Mono
    Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 10:18pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Post your pics/links/illustrations in this thread for knots suitable for mono.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote paw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 11:34pm
paw View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

This is a good spot to learn knots

sleeping is a symptom of caffeine deprivation
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote actionjackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 5:25pm
actionjackson View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nothing really to add to this as I am wanting to learn , but thank you very much for this smudge.. :) Let the learning begin!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote actionjackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:07pm
actionjackson View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

http://www.animatedknots.com/ found this and think it is rather good, just click on fishing and then pick your knot
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KEEN-MAD-FISH0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:37pm
KEEN-MAD-FISH0 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

http://www.animatedknots.com/indexfishing.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H8_4DS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:47pm
H8_4DS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 8:09pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

here are a couple you might like to learn, i used to do seminars all around the country and one of the things i found hard for people to learn was knots so i simplified them as much as i could...

Knot for hooks "strayline"
one hook rig...

Two hook rig...

making a double, if your keen to fish lighter line weights "4-8kg" then its a good idea to use a double in your mainline...
the quickest way is by using a Fig8 knot, now its not as strong as a Bimini knot but when your in a hurry it sure is fast...

here is a Bimini if your keen to learn, i did this one from the anglers point of view so you can easily tie it...

tying a trace to your double in the mainline...

just something else that might be of interest is different hooks....

how do you rig these with bait? here are a couple i do when chasing big snapper...

rigging a whole pilchard with little fuss, great for dropping in deep water or casting out the back...

and here is how i rig a whole Squid...

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 9:57pm
Big Jim View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpidersWeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 10:25pm
SpidersWeb View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

When I was learning to snell a hook, this guy was the king:

Most other demonstrations I saw were either confusing, or they didn't do the 'through the loop' at the end which meant the knots can come undone if the line is pushed from the top - i didn't like that - so I always use the method above.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaypeegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 1:05pm
jaypeegee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:58am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Excellent! I was hoping this would drag Lethal in, those vids are well worth a look, nice and simple too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 7:14am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 9:14am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I featured this lionk & website in nzfisher this month - knots are great when you know how to tie them properly & this site has helped me no end. http://www.netknots.com/html/fishing_knots.html 
Particularly like the Slim beauty - great, easy knot.
DP

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 11:50pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

uni...learn to tie it with your eyes closed...then you can do it in the dark.
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 3:21pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 7:02pm
CFISH View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Uni knot 

Practice it and practice it until you can do it in the dark 

Only knot you need with mono
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Devon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 4:12pm
Devon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Which knot would you use for tying 120lb mono to a hook or jig?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 5:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Either use a crimp or try a 4 turn uni knot. what is the application?
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 6:16pm
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Devon Devon wrote:

Which knot would you use for tying 120lb mono to a hook or jig?

Uni-knot is what I use for up to 150pound mono.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 8:29pm
CFISH View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Uni Knot still good 

Crimp is good is you have the gear
Page  12>