Out With The over 12's & Under 20's

Page  <1234 117>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alanimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 1:10pm
alanimal View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice boat mate - perfect fishing platform! Welcome to the thread - bring on the reports!
I look forward to the day I get back up Whangaroa Harbour - have enjoyed many trips up there in the old mans boat in my youth. Climbed dukes nose once or twice to spot the workups out the harbour!
By and large the reporting is factual, but in a few instances I have claimed the right of readjusting the facts to which every angler is entitled.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:25pm
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey Alanimal dont give up completely on the SB's. Out yesterday in my 4.9m RIB and Zman still working well in under 6m water. Avoiding smelly bait for as long as possible.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alanimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 12:35pm
alanimal View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes, last night I was about to get the bait rods ready, then I looked over to the Stradic C14/Veritas rod and it had that neglected look on it - she almost dared me to put the baitunner/beastmaster setup on the boat - you know that look of "if you do it, you will regret it".
Carefully, I stopped and thought about what I was doing - its was almost like I was opting to date the whale over the supermodel - WHAT WAS I thinking!

Softbait rods are on the boat :)
By and large the reporting is factual, but in a few instances I have claimed the right of readjusting the facts to which every angler is entitled.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shark-Bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:30pm
Shark-Bait View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cool, a new thread for my boat size, sweeeeeeeeeet.
15FT Tin
Yep out today & the Zman doing the damage again all right.
Half dozen around 350 400 at Sunday Rock so put them back then off to Scullies for a smelly bait fish, what a waste of time that was.
1 small KY so straight out under a balloon, 5 min later it got smashed, 30 sec later all over, Kingy 1 me none.
With the bearly out all i could get was small snaps & i mean small, so flagged that after a couple of hours & straight back to the Zman, straight into the fish, got my 9 snaps to 60cm in no time.
A Pod of Dolphins came for a look, made my day, flat as on the way home, shaw beats working.
My little Tub.
Wink
Life is short so make the most of every day.

www.oceanangler.co.nz
   www.fullonfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 8:37pm
Brimel View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Niiiiice, heading out in the 18ft tomorrow, any particular flavour of Z Man working?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shark-Bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2011 at 9:30pm
Platinum
Platinum

Zman Smokey Shad for me.
Wink

www.oceanangler.co.nz
   www.fullonfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capnnod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 7:53am
Capnnod View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

15 nice snaps at the Noises yesterday biggest on soft bait rest on pillys and squid
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skidder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 2:36pm
skidder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice setup Sharkbait...glad to hear of a good trip out. Doesnt seem to matter what colour Zman at the momemt Brimal. I used the light blue and goldie colours and both worked good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 3:15pm
jock View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out solo on Friday10:00 am from Westhaven (in Huntsman Dorado 115hp yammie).and headed down to gardners gap area where my old neighbour had cleaned up on Thursday in 7 mtrs. Boys near me in biggish stabi and their mate in a wee tiiny were doing ok for a while but woe is me. I caught SFA. Tried a couple of spots around Rangi but other than a couple of barely 32cms snaps which went back I wasn't performing at all. BUT !! was a great day to be on water. Next time, eh?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Still-Got-it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 3:54pm
Still-Got-it View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Shark-Bait Shark-Bait wrote:

Cool, a new thread for my boat size, sweeeeeeeeeet.
15FT Tin
Yep out today & the Zman doing the damage again all right.
Half dozen around 350 400 at Sunday Rock so put them back then off to Scullies for a smelly bait fish, what a waste of time that was.
1 small KY so straight out under a balloon, 5 min later it got smashed, 30 sec later all over, Kingy 1 me none.
With the bearly out all i could get was small snaps & i mean small, so flagged that after a couple of hours & straight back to the Zman, straight into the fish, got my 9 snaps to 60cm in no time.
A Pod of Dolphins came for a look, made my day, flat as on the way home, shaw beats working.
My little Tub.
Wink

Nice one! and btw where is Sunday Rock?
"Still got it"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Telecaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:54pm
Telecaster View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Still-Got-it Still-Got-it wrote:

Nice one! and btw where is Sunday Rock?
Between Ponui and Waiheke islands.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shark-Bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 9:19pm
Platinum
Platinum

Yep thats it, always holds fish on the outgoing.

www.oceanangler.co.nz
   www.fullonfishing.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alanimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 12:43pm
alanimal View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

popped out yesterday to Noises, 2x horse ky and 2x 32-34cm snapper - was very slow and not much activity with the wind direction not in favour. Had a 30 odd cm squid munching away on my Chart Neon Pepper crazy leg bait - was rather entertaining!   Allot of boats out but didnt see many pulling in the goods.
Dropped the long line  for 30 mins to find both buoys ended up within 5m of each other - nothing on the hooks but 1 trace missing and a bit of a mess to untangle - probably a dirty ray or shark.

Did anyone else do any good yesterday?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BuzzyBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:14pm
BuzzyBee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

mate of ours did back of rangi, rakino noises for nothing at all,  mof guys said not many fish came in yesterday at their check points either.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Michael35338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 7:30pm
Michael35338 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out today at 10am with my friend and his 7 year old son for his sons  first fishing trip...
Fished coastguard bay on the western side of rangi  on the outgoing tide...
Salmon burley and pillies... we kept 8 over the 3 hours fishing and threw back at least 20. mj
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapazapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 8:19pm
snapazapa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

6.15am...1pm,Fantail bay area,
Left akld at 3am and headed for fantail bay for a fish,with these easterly winds it should be sheltered,got there and the wind was a sou-east but not a problem,havent launched there for a while so backed out with the motor slightly raised, went to far to the right and"bang""Doh!",my prop hit a rockAngry,have to get a new one now.
Headed round to my favorite possy and dropped a new penney c/legs and hooked up straight away,one for the bin,the next couple of hours was a good bite,using catch squid,bleeding pille,screamin pille,and a few others,as well as gulps,couldnt miss,the only trouble i had was balancing the weight with the drift which was pretty fast at times so i could stay on the bottom,the winds coming down off the mountain was25/30 knot gust at times but the water was quite calm,a few 12s were fishing around there as well,looked like they were doing ok.
Must have caught a couple of dozen but only kept 5,56,2x46,2x36,gave one to a mate on the way home,fish were in very good condition,water temp was about 15.2....
Thumbs Up
Live life to the fullest...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote markallan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 12:19am
markallan View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good stuff Ken! Nothing like a fresh feed of snaps. 3am start on the other hand... hahah
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 8:52am
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hit Whanagaroa again on Saturday, stunning morning at the leasurly hour of 9am.

Still heaps of bait in the harbour, filled the livie tank in 20min.

That was about the end of the excitment for the day. Tried drifts all over the place. Anchored at the Frenchmans for a while & got a plague of Mice Kingis.

Ended up at the entrance of the harvour where it usually fishes well. Mac got a big Johnny (at least 2kg) & I got one snap of about 50cm. Wind got up around 2.30 & we kept dragging. Pain as they had just come on the bite.

Least we didn't get skunked, thought it was going to happen for the 1st time in 18months
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alanimal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 9:02am
alanimal View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice one Cook,
Skunked? Thats something I normally do to my fishing mates if I had a curry the night before.  

Northland has a different meaning?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2011 at 1:03pm
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Skunked; amongst my group of mates means nothing to take home.

Couple of them smell like skunks now yah mention it
Page  <1234 117>