Who's been tying?

Page  <1 116117118119120 123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 10:21pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Yep, you read my thoughts Will, but thinking more of a string tail extension than a full fly articulation. Just finding nice long fake fur to play with would be easier. Currently I'm scouring childrens toys aisles in search of the right sort of soft toy with super long hair

Nice piper flies Nick I'm getting the feeling they must work well for you if you're reproducing them in bulk
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 7:44am
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes I am in the stuffed toys section too , Just got me thinking i might start using the dog again. one of them has some nice tan on one ear. found this on the internet similar style just use different materials.

Nick please let us know how those piper fly's go.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 10:47am
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

IF I could ever tie something like that I think I'd be too scared to use it in case I lost it!

But, I'm sure kings would be all over a Gamechanger like that one
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:53pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by WillP WillP wrote:

Yes I am in the stuffed toys section too , Just got me thinking i might start using the dog again. one of them has some nice tan on one ear. found this on the internet similar style just use different materials.

Nick please let us know how those piper fly's go.

Hi Will, Didn’t fish the piper today, creasies were the go and are hard to beat for a visual eat. But I find piper flies are consistent producers so always have a few around. 
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:55am
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 9:04am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

like like
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FISHBYFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 11:31am
FISHBYFLY View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

with sprinkles on topThumbs UpBig smile
By Fly, Nothing Else,Just Fly
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:10pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:17pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Ha ha! Beautiful!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 1:22pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Haha thx. Its got a big set of balls under neath to keep it on the ground and sits on a splayed feather to give it that frilly ripply fin things they got.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 2:27pm
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by kingiFiddla kingiFiddla wrote:

Thanks for that info Sanchez. The only thing that's still working for me to get livies on the way out these days is this, but it's nowhere near as effective as it used to be.

I don't think it matters what your ride is. Some people get their backs up but we are all just chasing fish and getting out there. Surely that's what counts the most?

Nice one Hard yakker. If you want, I'll let you know when (if) the hoodlums are back in town and we'll get into 'em one day. Pretty sure we can give that 1m length a good nudge.

Interesting lure design on the Kayak fishing forum, made from a bic pen - wonder how it would cast on a fly rod Ermm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 8:56pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

whacked up a few creases. Consistent producer.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingaling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:23pm
Kingaling View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Saw this online and thought some might find it interesting. Thoughts?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 3:49pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That is cool m8 well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:58pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Kinda of a game changer but on 12 PLB mono for the tail section. I tie the tail onto the mono in-between 2 fixed objects then cut it off. This one is 2d the next one I will try and make 3d.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 7:21pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That looks really cool
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 9:16pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Wow!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote WillP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:01pm
WillP View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

3d version

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FishMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 3:03pm
FishMan View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Your flies should be framed and put on a wall Will. Beautiful!

I'm still tying things that I hope skippies will eat. A size 8 fly was successful last time, but hoping to find something a little bigger that they'll eat.

The following are my latest anchovy imitations in a size 2 and 4. Plenty of glue in the craft fur wing to stop tangles, but they probably still will.

Still waiting up here for the wind to go away and let me back into skippy territory.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jofly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 5:24pm
Jofly View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well, if the skippies won't eat them everything else will.

Will, those flies are works of art and I hope your efforts are rewarded with a vicious strike from a big king mate.

Here is something interesting for your skippy quest Craig.  It's not a hollywood production but you'll get the gist of it. I can see a smaller version having potential on fly with all the movement from the material?

Page  <1 116117118119120 123>