Newbie's Personal Best Photos

Page  <1234 8>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Greywulff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 8:02pm
Greywulff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anglers Name: David Stapleton
Locaton: Motutara rocks
Date: 22/05/2011
Species: Kingfish
Shore, boat, yak:  Greywulff II (Boat)
Weight (or estimate) : Dunno
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : Shimano TLD 25, Extreme Rod
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) : Ledger Rig 

Your not walking on water while I'm fishing here.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2011 at 10:30pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish Dave! I'm guessing it was a surprise - flasher rig's not tackle to target them with?!?!?!
Where's Motutara Rocks? Looks stunning. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Greywulff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:42pm
Greywulff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers NZ,

Full post here just smudge suggested putting a pic up here! Yeah M8 was a nice surprise though I was targeting Snapper with that rod and as I was going for the rod I had set up for Kingi's when they showed up but the bloody snapper rod went off with that Kingi LOL either way I was well impressed and the kids are still talking about it.  

Fish Tank called it Motutara Rocks as I was unsure of its name. Its around the corner from Kaimaumau M8....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 6:23am
fish tank View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dave, do you have a place at kaimaumau or do you just launch there? I have dived around the motutara's quite a bit & during the summer months  on numerous occasions seen big schools of inquisitive kingie's. Not all huge fish but a good place to hone your technique & fun to catch anyway, Surely is a piece of paradise, Great report by the way
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 8:06am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Cheers GW - I love that part of the country. Remote, but still accessable and heaps of fish!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Greywulff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 6:32pm
Greywulff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by fish tank fish tank wrote:

Dave, do you have a place at kaimaumau or do you just launch there? I have dived around the motutara's quite a bit & during the summer months  on numerous occasions seen big schools of inquisitive kingie's. Not all huge fish but a good place to hone your technique & fun to catch anyway, Surely is a piece of paradise, Great report by the way

Na M8, 

Living over in Ahipara just launching in Kaimaumau Big smile East to launch from not like the 90 Mile... Also some good fish there.. The kids love it there as the KY are brilliant fun on light spinning gear for them. Gone as far as changing the treble hooks for singles and crushing down the barbs for quick clean releases as the can be just so many KY there at times. Seen some Bronzies there to m8 so don't know if I'd be keen on swimming at Motutara Rocks. Don't like swimming with sharks Ouch
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gerrystackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2011 at 12:16pm
Gerrystackle View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wow. Thats a beaut! Wouldn't mind having that as a PB!
Greg
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:51pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It's the Heart of Winter & it's big Snapper time! Where are your monsters Newbies????

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Greywulff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:23pm
Greywulff View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Gonna ask you all to show us where they are lololololololololol.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 10:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

They are mooching around a reef not far from you. Right now some very good snapper can be caught in some reasonably accessible areas. First find a nice kelpy reef or rock....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:57pm
Seth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anglers Name: Seth
Locaton: Broken Islands - GBI
Date: 16/07/2011
Species: Kingi
Shore, boat, yak:  Hotspot with Captain Skidoggg
Weight (or estimate) : 11.68kg
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : Shimano Thunnus, old as rod
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) : 80lb trace, 6/0 mustart penetrator and a small hunk of bonito on a stayline rig

Burleyed up a storm on the last day of the F.Net invitational for SFW.  This guy turned up in the burley trail, Ski and Swanie tempted it with buttifled maccas, I didnt bother and was rebaiting so chucked a small hunk of bonito on and through it over the side down about 500cm below the surface.  Washed my hands and looked over to see it come up and suck it down its gob Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:50pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm liking that! Nice fish Seth - specially for nabbing out from under the big boys noses :)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pickles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 8:31pm
Pickles View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bit late but what the hell, I had this one mounted up on the wall Wink

Anglers Name: Sherlock
Locaton: Secret Spot off Tutukaka
Date: 10/01/2008
Species: Snapper
Shore, boat, yak: Boat
Weight (or estimate) : 25.5lb
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : Okuma force baitrunner, 15lb
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) : Straylining whole pilly

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bellyrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 9:08pm
bellyrub View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How about this for a first timer?

This is my brother inlaw, he went to tairua on a fishing trip with Epic Adventures and landed this beast. It was his first time fishing for kingis. He was a good lad and put this beast back.

So he could take this one home...hahahaha!!!. jk.

Anglers Name: Troy Ulberg
Locaton: Tairua
Date: 27/08/2011
Species: KingFish
Shore, boat, yak:Boat (Epic Adventures)
Weight (or estimate) : brother inlaw says 70lb
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : shimano
Method (Jig, bait, Softbait...) :  jigging.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 9:10am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

That is a serious fish. Nearly 30 years into my fishing career a 30kg King still eludes me - some people have all the luck (and a great skipper!)
Well done team!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lambordinghi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2011 at 4:54pm
lambordinghi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Some people make their own luck by going out with the boys who know how to get the job done. Not only do people leave with great fish they also take home great memories.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NoobZealand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2011 at 11:52pm
NoobZealand View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anglers Name: Steve Fernanades
Locaton: Pakiri
Date: --/10/11
Species: Snapper
Shore, boat, yak: Land
Weight (or estimate) : 19 lb and 16.4 lb
Tackle used (Rod/Reel) : 65kg dropper line
Method  kite long line

Winter yields few big fish, summer yields plenty of legals.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:21am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Woo hoo - what a haul. Well done Steve.
Were they off the beach or the rocks?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NoobZealand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 12:15pm
NoobZealand View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

off the beach, just near the caravan park. and used fresh mullet for bait.
Winter yields few big fish, summer yields plenty of legals.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 8:24pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Awesome as catch! Well done.
Page  <1234 8>