Waiuku and surrounding areas for surfcasting

Page  <1 8485868788 89>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 7:05pm
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a good day today with the kite,first set on 15 hooks I got a 12 lb and 2 7lb snaps and on the second set on a full set 12 big ky,2 massive grunters,3yt macs and a hammerhead, gave a lot of fish away to tourists at the beach camping and fresh bait for local fisho people still fishing when I bailed. Sushi,5seafood chowder and a doz new season bluffs for dinner tomorrow. Go the west coast
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote craignzcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 9:47am
craignzcd View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

looking at going out to hamiltons gap today to hit out going tide and fish low tide...anyone around come say hi...cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 3:38pm
Titanium
Titanium

My mate killed it there today with a torpedo. Head a km down to the right where the first point is,good fishing there man
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote landman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 7:53am
landman View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Picked up a couple of 40cm snaps off Grahams Beach yesterday eve squid was bait
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 5:01pm
Titanium
Titanium

Gave it a nudge before the storm today, it was like people had gold fever down there today, people setting up kites 20 mtrs form each other, not a clue to be honest, some people can't be given advice, why they ask stumps me. 2 55-60 cm snaps, 2 a bit smaller ,2 30-35 and 4 good grunters, 4o knts of wind gave the hands a hard day,but well worth it for $10 worth of bait and $5 in diesel
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2015 at 7:33pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You too eh, was down the bottom end of kariotahi with the north shore surfcasting club today, bloody good day.......... kahawai and trevs.

Brought home 4 kahawai over 50cm myself.

Wind? what wind?
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki-Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2015 at 12:32pm
Naki-Fisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey guys
Staying in pukeakoe if anyone wants to head out for a night fish or willing to PM me in the right direction keen to get out here this week and next home in the weekends
The 20lb+ Snapper club No Longer Eludes me Broken with a 12kg new PB
Goal for the next 12 months: catch another 20lb+ Snap and watch it swim away
Hook a King LB here in the Naki.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trouss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2015 at 4:02pm
Trouss View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Is there any possible way to access the north side of Waikato river mouth without a 4 wheel drive?
Google maps is not helping.
My father in law is over and wants to have a bit of fish and I want to give him a good chance to catch, we are in Puke so figured it's accessible (maybe). We don't mind a bit of a walk but don't really want to trek for hours in and out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote slayliner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 8:44am
slayliner View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You can drive through Waiuku forest to the river . There are a few access points ,probably the one at the bottom of the hill is closer to the mouth , its been awhile since I've been that way. Its still a bit of a walk especially on the way back .you could google the forest for a map of it . Good luck
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trouss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:30am
Trouss View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks slayliner. Any idea what the road is called, looks to me to have a few different access points?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tikkiddyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:05pm
Tikkiddyboo View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hello,

Tried to laod a clip of the area but the site aint want me to!
Go out through Otaua, follow Forestry rd, turn left into Wilson Rd, right into Perham, left into Lookout Rd, Veer left into Coast Rd, then Right into Reardons rd. Look on google maps and it should make sense. The roads can change a bit out there due to the forestry work but if you follow your nose you will be fine.
2nd track down to the beach (on the start of an 'S' bend) has easier access and I have caught more fish there than any other place around the mouth. 3 hrs before high tide, after high tide, the fish seem to head right out to the mouth. 
Haven't fished there for a couple of years but this is where I used to fish before i invested in a kayak.......then a boat.........then a wife...........don't go fishing as much as I used to now!Cry
Sacred cows make the best burgers!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 5:47pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Make sure the forest gates are open before you go. Sometimes they shut them.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eynon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2015 at 10:39pm
eynon View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

current entrance is a side road at the gate to the sand mine. gate times 7am-6pm

take breakout sinkers. fishing at 3 hours before high as mentioned, i have good luck with salted bonito.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trouss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 11:56am
Trouss View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks a lot everyone! I went for a bit of a drive on Saturday afternoon to have a look and think I found a suitable spot from the provided intell. The whole area around that river mouth looks very fishy so will try our luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SCare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2015 at 1:08am
SCare View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

First occasion arrived at dead low tide and was greeted by the lovely sound of splashing in the water. The powerful light at the end of the boat ramp does a beautiful job attracting all the baitfish and we were joking at how it was like a mini work up lol. Heaps of big splashes and could see the fish swim into the schools and see everything scatter. Really cool sight.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 10:48pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a crack at Port Waikato yesterday. Up near the mouth inside the river. Fished incoming for a couple of hours and a few more past it. Slow day  but easy conditions. Managed a kahawai just before packing up and a handful of baitfish. Might give it a wide berth for a while, although the quad ride is always fun!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote craignzcd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 8:24pm
craignzcd View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

had a fish out at the river mouth today....got a couple of kahawai which tasted very nice for dinner....quite a few people down there....reasonable amount of kahawai being caught.....hope to try back there ina couple of weeks...cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 8:58pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by craignzcd craignzcd wrote:

had a fish out at the river mouth today....got a couple of kahawai which tasted very nice for dinner....quite a few people down there....reasonable amount of kahawai being caught.....hope to try back there ina couple of weeks...cheers

With all the kahawai out there does anyone chuck one under a balloon for kings?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 10:11pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Have heard of kings inadvertently being hooked in the river on bait so they do come up the river....
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 10:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Check out this link - I always knew the Super City would work out for us Confused

From September 1 we now need a permit to use a vehicle on the beach. Unless it is to unload horses or to launch/retrieve a boat. Twats.

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <1 8485868788 89>