IRB's for LBG

Page  <1 6789>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote forsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 8:03pm
forsyth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You'll never walk in again!!
NZFisher: Get your free monthly fishing magazine emailed straight to you. http://www.nzfisher.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAVE_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 10:46am
DAVE_ View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I hear that! I do still enjoy a walk in on occasion but the boat just gets you to spots you dream about!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote forsyth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 2:28pm
forsyth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Spot on mate. Barrier (both), Runaway, Midway, Karikari, North Cape, Maria van Diemen etc...Long time since I did any walk in ;)
NZFisher: Get your free monthly fishing magazine emailed straight to you. http://www.nzfisher.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2013 at 8:33am
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

But walking is so good for you, especially when you carry a 20 kg pack for an hour only to find the ledges are unfishable due to the swell and the tide is only half way incoming!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 9:29am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Spent about 14 hrs on my boat yesterday, its not as easy as it looks - I am beginning to wonder if I should have bought a Arancia as the curves on my boat make it difficult to get an even adhesion.
Im taking off to Doubtless on Thu for 4 days with son & friend with rods, dive gear, cray noose & scallop dredge....Tongue
I will put more on when I get back as the tops of the tubes are looking a bit worn from use & and sun exposure. The PVC on the underside of the tubes is in pretty good condition..
Cant wait to get onto the rocks.....  
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 9:41am
chad View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Choice, best of luck Scott on your trip bro, hopefully this wind settles down for you.  When working on boats, nothing is bloody simple... ha.

https://www.facebook.com/nzsurfcasting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Photofisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 11:56am
Photofisha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=Aaron32987]But walking is so good for you, especially when you carry a 20 kg pack for an hour only to find the ledges are unfishable due to the swell and the tide is only half way incoming!  

True this but then sometimes swell can make it too dangerous to land on the rocks by boat where as a walk in is still possible and often the fishing hots up with all the wash from waves etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote petethemeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:41pm
petethemeat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Where do you get the bungy you are using for the anchoring system?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CFISH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 3:43pm
CFISH View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Still take the pack up North just in case the weather turns to rubbish.

Did just that last week to rod holders. Love the place and the day was fine, strong wind and no fish however.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 4:26pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

mitre 10 has the bugee...
doubtless has a rock ledge no matter what the weather because of the bay/peninsula always holds a sheltered spot.... weather atm looks potentially a little nasty but hard to say this far out....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blindspot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 10:32am
Blindspot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

haha Scott, its getting to and from the sheltered spots that can be the hard part.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 11:13am
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

True.... its looking a little bit wet up there this week but some days looking ok.... might even scoot  a bit off shore for some skippys if the swell allows, the north/east wind night blow a few closer to shore... the wind reports I dislike are when it changes half way through the day from one direction to another and it affects where you can fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 6:53pm
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Take the LBG marlin gear and live bait one out wide! Have a great trip, really looking forward to getting up there next year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013 at 9:54pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Marlin trip will be in Feb..... will be focussing on the father son trip a bit more this time round.... but hey if one swims past I will put a livie in front of it....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote knirdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 1:51pm
knirdr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

how much glue(bostik 2402) did u use just about to start mine thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:23pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Almost a whole can for the front/nose top and bottom. I probably could have spread it out more. Benjamin reckoned a can for a boat, at the rate I slap it on I would say more like 2 cans.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 7:29pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I think I used about 6 litres (1 and half cans) when i did mine. Ideally you should do 2 coats for each section. Let the first coat dry completely (about an hour) then put another coat on and wait 5-10 mins til it gets tacky. Make sure you place them on exactly right, because as soon as the surfaces touch it will hold.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote knirdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:11pm
knirdr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks for that i have 4l so ill see how far that gos thanks heaps

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2014 at 8:15pm
Pico View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Get the big bottle of hardener too, works out way cheaper than the 50ml bottles
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote knirdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2014 at 6:56am
knirdr View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I have a 4L of bostik 2402 and 400ml of part b left over if any ones interested ph or tex 0211711015 

thanks for the info pico / lbger will load pic of finished boat asap
Page  <1 6789>