tauranga fishing

Page  <1 380381382383384 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 11:59am
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey kitno, you planning on getting out? I'm going to give the harbour a nudge on Tuesday hopefully...lots of chores to do< ="text/" style="display:none">//
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 3:32pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Definitely getting out once or twice
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2020 at 6:14pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Best of luck!
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 11:38am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Has anyone had their car / vehicle undersealed locally? I would like to get a rust treatment / undersealing done under my van and would like to know if anyone has any recommended places to get it done, and what it might cost. Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barafat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 8:00pm
barafat View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Spent some time out Tuesday afternoon along Matakana by the fire break.  Set a long line for only one small snap, but what surprised me was the amount of large rafts of sea lettuce.  Huge clumps that actually broke the long line.  I thought the sea lettuce was a harbour phenomenon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 8:06am
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hello team
Does anyone know of where/who/how I could get my flounder net mended - Mr Stevie Ray decided to pay a visit. He had a hole lot of fun...
(I am actually keen to learn - looks a real art)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:25am
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

Has anyone had their car / vehicle undersealed locally? I would like to get a rust treatment / undersealing done under my van and would like to know if anyone has any recommended places to get it done, and what it might cost. Thanks.

Most panelbeaters should be able to help you big problem is it needs to be spotless underneath obviously as any rust or moisture is only going to get trapped 
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Pullasiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 12:17pm
Pullasiki View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

not the best or worst harbour fish,

good quality fillets too
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:16pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Comfortably Numb Comfortably Numb wrote:

Hello team
Does anyone know of where/who/how I could get my flounder net mended - Mr Stevie Ray decided to pay a visit. He had a hole lot of fun...
(I am actually keen to learn - looks a real art)

Try Decoro, Totara st.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 4:54pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Fantastic feed. plastic or bait

i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 5:39pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We had a good night up harbour last night. No white mushy flesh on any of the fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 8:59pm
Coder1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Looking at heading out in the morning to try the entrance around the low tide. Any ideas where else to try?<
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 8:28am
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thank you Kitno

Lost a king at the boat yesterday - was a good one too 

Got to impatient 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:09pm
Coder1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Failed to trouble the scorer today. Lots of sign out on little reef past A bouy, but only small snaps. People on the charter boat didn't seem to be doing any better
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 11:17am
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yea same thing here. tried by a bouy and 2mile reef. only small snaps.
was going to go pap beach ways but didnt wanna get caught in that swell if the wind picked up. conditions improved as day went by
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 12:48pm
Coder1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We went out past 5 mile, then over to Karewa but still no good. Was going to Pudney but thought wind might get up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2020 at 9:54am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got a couple of grandsons up from that island south of the Cook Strait. With the forecast for tomorrow I'm looking at going up to Steels Reef. Any knowledge on what it fishes like this time of year? A couple of months ago there I think I got over my limit of barracudas. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 6:55am
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Coutta Coutta wrote:

Got a couple of grandsons up from that island south of the Cook Strait. With the forecast for tomorrow I'm looking at going up to Steels Reef. Any knowledge on what it fishes like this time of year? A couple of months ago there I think I got over my limit of barracudas. 

I’ve never had much luck on Steeles Coutta, but watched some guys there one day who really knew what they were doing load up on tarakihi. If I do fish it, I stay just off the reef on the sand and use berley.
In saying that we went out yesterday and fished in abut 30mtrs off Matakana and got stuff all. Most of the boats heading out sounded like they were going north.
Fishing has been good after the change of light.
Let us know how you get on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:14am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I pulled a couple of pannies, drifting onto the edge of Steeles very early yesterday. Curried banana was the flavor. Very delicate bites, really needed to work for them. Decided it was enough for a feed, so went looking elsewhere to find new spots. Traveled a lot of miles and found very little sign or had bites. Got a couple of Terakihi out towards Mayor, then came home. I keep telling myself I don't want to bin out, so I go again tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:44am
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i always have trouble at this particular time of year.
its as if the fish go on holiday too hahaLOL
Page  <1 380381382383384 413>