tauranga fishing

Page  <1 328329330331332 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote old timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 1:33pm
old timer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Anyone want to start a syndicate? Comes with a good fishing spot
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:06pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by bite bite wrote:

at the right tide, at the right time of year, at the right time of day, at the right time of month ,  i would say the chances of a fish  are quite high , 

LOL  And only a hundy for that info huh. 

I cant really say after 15 years of fishing the harbour all year round and all over, reasonably successfully as well, that i have heard of too many 20 pounders from there.

kingis sure. Snapper, not so much.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote old timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 2:24pm
old timer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've just clicked. Save your money guys and girls. It's the fish shop by the strand. Petty shallow and at the right time I bet a few 20lbers come through there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:21pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Was out on the high this morning ... one of those really slow days. 

No birds not even a pip squeak in the bait trail. 

Tried shallows and even a trawl past yellow point.

No lettuce so that was a real bonus. 

Has anyone heard of the mussel beds that where around kati entrance (location?).

Cheers
CN 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 9:04am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Morning Guys
I suppose it would be too much to ask that Tauranga reports stop until I've recovered from his f**king knee replacement.  Reading about people out catching fish is actually quite depressing and I feel my moods may cause my wife to shoot me.  Thanks for your anticipated understanding.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 10:01am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

get well soon Kev.
In the meantime, I'll offer to take care of your share, just to make sure there ain't too many fish taking up room out thereLOL
While you're resting up, maybe a bit of live action to keep your depression at bay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=uN2O5VA4BGM&feature=youtu.be
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 10:09am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Bill, I just knew there were still understanding people around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 10:02pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

For sale, harbour spot x. No 20lbers but 7 fish at 3lb easy. Bargin at only $99.
Once sold, I'll have another spot available. References also available.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 4:34pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

3 lb  with all the non locals in this town today you should be flooded with offers , have you seen the boat ramps latelyThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 4:47pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try a short trace about 20 cm and very small sinker, ball about size of small finger.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 12:39am
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

really kitno..... lol    selling spots for $99..... you taking the piss right?    
for $50 illl copy n paste all your good intel plus others..... lol
mind you ive read over 500 pages of this forum.... send me $50 and i will paraphrase 10 years of   tauranga fishing  info for ya lol... even tho im stuggling  to catch a fish atm haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 11:32pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by badger99 badger99 wrote:

really kitno..... lol    selling spots for $99..... you taking the piss right?    
for $50 illl copy n paste all your good intel plus others..... lol
mind you ive read over 500 pages of this forum.... send me $50 and i will paraphrase 10 years of   tauranga fishing  info for ya lol... even tho im stuggling  to catch a fish atm haha

Correct, I was taking the piss due to a previous post. There's hundreds of spots all over the harbour. The right time of day and tide is the crucial part.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 9:55am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can anyone confirm if there are any kingies getting caught in the harbour yet? Has anyone been catching them? I haven't had any luck live baiting. Any clues regarding whereabouts or what times to find them would be helpful. Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sole M8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 10:10am
Sole M8 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

For sale, harbour spot x. No 20lbers but 7 fish at 3lb easy. Bargin at only $99.
Once sold, I'll have another spot available. References also available.

Holy Crap.
How much do I owe you then???WinkWinkWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:44am
Silver
Silver

Went out a weekend back and couldnt even get a livie to go for a king. Was so very slow. Two days and only one small take, probably a ray - there was heaps of them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:46am
Silver
Silver

Does anyone know where Faulkner's Channel is please?
Its in the north end of the harbour I hear.
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JasonEdward62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 9:29am
JasonEdward62 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Tough day Saturday, launched at Bowentown around 6 a.m.

Sounder very quiet outside the bar, no sign, no birds, sounded into Matakana and found some good sign in 20 m the only decent sign we'd seen.

Anchored and berleyed heavily both on bottom and half way down. Straylines untouched with signs only of very small fish and after a good soaking plenty of flesh still left on them... a few undersize and just legal snapper went back, all taken on ledgers just under the boat.

I was sure the action would start with all that berley but it never did. Two straylines fished all around and behind the boat were never taken but one half decent trev fell for the ledger rig.

After around 2 hrs we gave up and lifted two average snapper from near the bar outer then looked around a bit for schooling fish North to Homunga then last ditch effort Taupo wreck was showing strong sign but 5 or 6 drifts straight through the sign brought us zilch. A few tentative likely Tera bites but nothing hooked on 5 or 6 drifts - oh, a just legal snapper we also put back. Another boat was fishing soft plastics drifiting Taupo and they gave up before we did.

I guess very small tides and the fishing generally being hard recently combined to mean they weren't biting very hard at all. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it thank you very much...

Home with a feed but worked very very hard for 3 half decent fish. Trev superb in lemon and coconut, snapper great in panko.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote old timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 3:38pm
old timer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went out Saturday am.
First time in the sea for me in the sea nymph gull wing.
Hand fished out of garage for about 15 years. Headed out in front of matakana and drifted micro jigs and softies. Seemed to be reasonable patches of sign however no takers. Looked around kawera and found plenty of kahawai. Went for another tiki tour over the sand and laced the micro jigs with a little bait. The of snapper but nothing legal. Got one good trev.
Plenty to learn out there yet.
Hopefully we'll stumble on some snapper at some point over the summer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:23pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad to hear I was not the only one who had a lousy day in Saturday. My day started off lousy, got up at 4am to go for a fish with the grandkids up the harbour on the outgoing tide but the tilt on the motor was not working, went and did some work until Pete opened up Conder Marine at 9am and he got it sorted pretty quickly (Thanks Pete and Rusty much appreciated).

So on the water at a bit after 10am, too late to fish the harbour, so outside we went, thought we would try for a Terakihi, first few spots I went to had other boats on (bugger- only small areas of papa foul) then went to Middle Ground found some really good looking sign right on the bottom which by the colour did not look like baby snapper, anchored up perfectly and all we got was 2 little grand daddys and a baby snapper. There were a few other boats nearby including a charter boat and none of them were catching fish either. decided to shift to another spot and saw a mates charter boat anchored up so stopped for a chat and he said it was dead as well (he said the fishing inshore for terakihi this year has been appalling).
Went to try a snapper spot in close off Papamoa which always has sign on it, mostly small snapper but usually pull off a few reasonable fish, but not today, only the second time I have been to this spot and there has been no fish sign on it at all. Grand kids said can we go home poppy and I was more than happy to oblige, but decided to have one last throw of the dice and had a go for a kahawai on the main bank inside the entrance. I have never seen the water so clear in the harbour, anchored in 4m of water and could see the bottom clear as, fished for half an hour but not even a bite.

Totally skunked and that does not happen very often.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote maccasparks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 6:22pm
maccasparks View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I struggled Saturday as well . Took kayak off Karewa pde to target Terakihi on a nearby bit of foul @ 22m - only small snapper. Went in to 15m drifting to 10 working a slider and dragging a ledger for 1 Gurnard.
Another bloke with us picked up a few good snapper leaving a soft bait on the bottom while working a jig . The swell must have been enough for the softie to fool a few.
Pretty exciting re-entry to beach , made it upright but some other fella down the beach not so lucky and lost a rod and a good Trev
Page  <1 328329330331332 414>