tauranga fishing

Page  <1 325326327328329 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MtFisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:26pm
MtFisherman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out to 40m mark towards Motiti this morning and got 6 snapper and a couple of gurnard within a couple of hours. Went dead after 9am. Awesome weather this morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 8:51pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

at least you got out......
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 5:22pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I think Big Angry Fish is fishing in TGA Harbour tonight.
Kings on flies
Off Omok?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 7:42pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Comfortably Numb Comfortably Numb wrote:

I think Big Angry Fish is fishing in TGA Harbour tonight.
Kings on flies
Off Omok?

I thought they were up north again???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote salty69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:07pm
salty69 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yup. Looked like Rangiputa to me.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 11:53am
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I talked to them at the ramp on Thursday morning.  They were going out to do some filming.  No rods on board.  Probably getting some footage for a later trip.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JasonEdward62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 12:14pm
JasonEdward62 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I saw them heading through Paeroa toward the gorge on Saturday at about 11 am. Smaller boat so likely a harbour mish???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 5:10pm
Silver
Silver

Pretty sure I saw The Mount in the background.
Up on the flats by Beach Road Kati
Stand to be corrected as always c/- the Missus 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 6:58pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

First time out in a few weeks, no luck at the gutway at Rabbit, one good snapper (58cm) at my spot to the right of 3 mile and 1 (38cm) at a spot just past 3 mile.  Sea was rolling but smooth, should be a good day tomorrow for those that go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kiwikoro. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 12:08pm
Kiwikoro. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fished the the last half of the incoming tide this morning with a mate, sat on the edge of a channel up towards Motuhoa Island,back at Sulphur Point ramp at 7.30am.
9 nice snapper and 2 Trevally.Early start but they’re the best, change of light with the right tide.home before the missus was out of bed.
Sweet as.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 1:16am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I didn't realise the snapper were in the harbour already. All's I've been getting is KW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 9:15am
Silver
Silver

We got some KW on SAT, heaps of them but no snaps
Good to here theyre in early!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 12:20pm
Gold
Gold

What or where the heck is the "The gutway"??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 1:51pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Went up Kennedy bay way and picked up this off the rocks...
had no scales but reakon around the 12 pound mark
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:58pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Got on the water at about 8am this morning with my Grandson. Tried off bottom of Papamoa where I've been getting a few but wind against the tide made it a bit difficult.  The young fella picked up a couple of decent kahawai.
Went to the western end of Motiti and dropped the pick in 45 ft.  Into snapper straight away on straylines.  Ended up with 13 most of which were in the mid 30s with a couple between 40 and 50.  3 good trevs were welcome.
I hope he has some influence on his mother when it comes time to pick a rest home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pullasiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 5:52pm
Pullasiki View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We tried bowentown end of the harbour last Friday. It was still sunny about 4:30pm and tried a spot a fair way up by kauri point. Managed to bag a suprising 50cm snapper that fought really well. Nice to see them inside early. Give it 4 weeks and the night spots will be pumping
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 6:05pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have seen it a number of years where there is an influx of snapper in the harbour, especially the Tauranga end, during mid spring and then they disappear by the end of spring and come back again in mid-late January for the summer/autumn. For some reason they stay in the Bowentown end much longer than the Tauranga end. I have a mate who catches snapper in the Bowentown end all year round, but he knows that end of the harbour really well, having fished it for close on 50 years and some of it commercially.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:23pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This is my little spot I call the gutway, I 'm happy to share this one as you don't need to be too smart to work out this spot should produce at times.  I've caught a variety of table fish here. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:17am
Gold
Gold

Cool, thanks. I only have a small boat so I am always looking for spots within my reach. I was actually exactly there a few weeks ago. I was just trying to get out of the wind that day. Lots of sign on the fishfinder and kahawai coming right up to the back of the boat into the berley but no bites except on tiny baits on the sabiki. The tide was pretty slack though. I don't know if that made a difference.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:45pm
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A line over each side and a stray line out the back; an old fish frame of whatever tied over the back helps stop me getting bored as I watch the little fish nibble away.  If I was better at fishing I would catch them and use them for live baiting kingi--but I'm not.
Page  <1 325326327328329 413>