tauranga fishing

Page  <1 294295296297298 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote SliderC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:19am
SliderC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Headed out to Penguins and Astrolab on Saturday 
went through a large school of Skippies on the 40-45meter mark 
wouldnt touch our williamson skippy lures tho Thumbs Down
what does everyone else use on them? 
Caught mixed bag of snapper, tarakihi, gurnard, blue code and kahawai @ penguins 
Then managed 2 Kingfish at Astrolab on the way home
13kg and 21kg Big smile 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 5:17pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thats brilliantThumbs Up nice fish

i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Won tong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 9:25pm
Won tong View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Black magic jet setters usually do it for me
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:46pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Tried a slightly different approach last night in the harbour. Anchored in about 4-5m in center of channel. Caught some baitfish and small snapper. Threw in the towel after a couple of hours and headed into a meter or so. Much more action there. Heard some splashing at the back of boat, had a look and thought "what the hell is that weird looking fish". A closer look with the spotlight and it was a rat trying to climb up the motor!
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm
lizid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Trout go for mice .... rat (or part of) gotta be good for for moochers. My own super burley almost always has a meat component along with the usual skippy (at least 30%), old pillies, kahawai and whatever else is going.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CRABSTICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:10pm
CRABSTICK View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi everyone, here's a few pics of the last few weeks out front of my place in Papamoa....ok some of them are quite a way out front...anyway hope you like them. Happy fishing. Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Ara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 6:51am
Ara View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We had a great two hour session fishing the harbour yesterday, it was interesting that all the freshwater didn't put the snapper off.
The water was very dirty.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Edwin08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 9:58am
Edwin08 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Limit caught just drifting the entrance with softbaits yesterday on incoming tide in afternoon. Lots of action, few small ones in the mix drilling your softies but the better sizes come through. Should be the same story this afternoon. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slugga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
Slugga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

That's the one.  Never seen it move - and got a fair skirt of weed growing off it now.  Good boats - too good to be left like that.
Konacat Greatwhite - ZMU3871
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote DAZA 2+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:42pm
DAZA 2+1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Caught 6 nice snaps drifting in the harbour yesterday on incoming tide, best at 57cm and in excellent condition.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:47pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nicely done Daza 2+1. Better size fish than I've caught lately
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 4:09pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shot out this morning, was a little later as usual as wanted to get a look at the waves. Looked ok at the entrance so turned left, dont know if i timed it bad but got in some monster swells crossing the break. Settled down a bit on the other side but no fish in the bin by low tide and i changed plans and shot over towards motiti and got out the swells. Picked up 7 nice snaps out there on the incoming tide.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 9:15pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot out this arvo, not quite to motiti, caught our limit with some good size snappper....
This is how it looked on the way home...
Absolutely magic.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BlindFishingNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 9:25am
BlindFishingNZ View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi guys, heading out to Plate tomorrow, never been there, does anyone have any general tips on fishing that area?

We'll be overnighting at Motiti then trying either Schooner or Astrolabe on the way home Sunday!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 7:30am
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Never seen so many trucks and trailers at sulphur point boat ramp in my life on Saturday, pain trying to find a park.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:06am
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah was crazy at sulphur point!! I got there at 5:30am so parking ok but coming back in was crazy!! Boats everywhere. Fishing was very good though, Jigs seemed to be working better than softbaits at the moment but got them on both including stickbaits and bucktails.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FredKaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:21am
FredKaiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Took the missus out yesterday for a fish. We saw Fizz at the petrol station going for what looked like a game mission wide, so I filled the boat up and went to the ramp.

Wow, Sulphur Point... I reckon the whole boating community decided to go out all at once. For the first time in my life we had to queue to get out. All good, it was flowing quite fast so no worries.

The plan was to get some livies and head to Astrolabe and surroundings for a kingfish hunt but for my surprise, we only managed 1 jack mackerel  so we decided to change the plan.

As the conditions were mint, we went past Papamoa by a couple of miles and anchored up in 15 meters of water. We had 1 big skipjack we caught the week before and a bag of jack mackerels our boy caught on the Take a Kid Fishing comp and no berley. That's all we had so started the games straylining half mackies and long stips of skippies on a softbait jighead. I have never experienced that much snapper action here in the bay (almost 1 year living in here and have fished as much as the weather allowed me in this time). Every bait was getting hit hard by decent sized fish. We caught our limit from 8.30 to 11. We kept 2 smaller ones at 32 in the beginning just to guarantee a feed but we both regretted as all the following fish we over the 40s.

At 11 we went for a spin just because the weather was so nice and then headed back to the ramp.

A quick catch up with Uncle at the ramp, I believe he saw how stocked I was... all I could think about was "We are getting to know this place and its secrets slowly!!".

At home by 13.30. All in all, a great day out there.

Good to see you Uncle!

Cheers,
FK
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:20am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Good to catch up with you too Fred.Big smile

That was a nice bin full of fish you had, well done.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:42am
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Looks like Fishing in the Bay is cranking at the moment. Maybe time to head on down and check out some of uncles gear in the local area.   Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Surf_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:11am
Surf_fisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Getting very tempted to bring my FC390 over for a bit of a fish off of papamoa beach for a bit of a change from Kawhia harbour and to give the boat a good long run with a lure trailing behind followed by a drift fishing session which I can not do in kawhia due to strong currents in the harbour, would love to have a crack at a skippy or two (probably too late in the season for that) how far out would I have to travel to have a go at one without going past the safe limits for the size of my boat which is 3.95 meters with a 30hp on the back. Also where are the best boat ramps to get a shorter route out of Tauranga harbour without going near bowentown entrance (boat is not suitable for bar crossings and nor is my experience level) is there still one operating at pilot bay or are there much better ones to launch from.
Page  <1 294295296297298 414>