tauranga fishing

Page  <1 276277278279280 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SliderC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:42pm
SliderC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Mixed bag along the island earlier today
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 11:44pm
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

This morning BettyBoop and I exited Sulphur Pt for the top end of Karewa Island to fish softbaits.
On arrival we positioned amongst 5 other boats of similar size and realized we weren't the only one's not catching fishies today.
Fish on sounder as displayed and they resisted the Burley and played hide'n seek until we weighed anchor after high tide and departed home, stopping at Pilot Bay to scoff chease rolls and drink cappuccino before hauling out and Sulphur Point and home to Papamoa to clean Betty up.....Churr Peter
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FredKaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 6:36am
FredKaiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I'm off to the northeast side of Motiti today with the wife. Leaving Sulphur Point at 9am with anyone is keen to join for a convoy out!

Good little mixed back @SliderC.

Give us a text or call if you get out again today @BettyBoop
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KiwiWhaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 8:03am
KiwiWhaka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Plenty of Snapper from Waihi Beach to Whiritoa in 20-30m at the moment (haven't tried shallower) Caught 5 good ones on a 20gm jig while having a cup of tea before getting back to work
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KiwiWhaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 8:15am
KiwiWhaka View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What do you all think of Moana's new inshore trawler? Keep a close eye on this lot because laws and ethics don't mean much to them
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 9:45pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

inner habour tommorrow see how we go 3 rd time ever out there first from sulphur point should be fun......dont want to go past mount till have new fish finder/gps sorted
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2016 at 11:00pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm far up the harbour at the mo, got some good snaps in the bin. Mrs got close to a PB. Sitting in 2 ft. Pics tomorrow.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote FredKaiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 8:05am
FredKaiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We left Sulphur Point at 9am with the intentions to do a decent fish hunt around Motiti. Well, with the weather conditions, the serious fishing quickly became a nice leisure exploring/fishing adventure.

We found some sign on the first red mark on the way to Motiti... stopped and quickly hooked up to a nice 38cm snap. 1 hour in there and we have 2 snaps, 2 kahawais, 1 gurnard and 1 trev. Then my mate was driving past on his way to the island, stopped and invited us to go on land in Motiti because he bought a house in there hahaha. Awesome.

Not sure if you can see, there's a dirt bike in the back of his boat...

So we decided the pull the anchor and follow this dude to his "new" house. That morning he already had dropped off a quad bike and another full load of house stuff, together with his wife!

Cool, go there, anchored our boat and got in his one to go to land. He had a quad and trailer waiting there. We unloaded his boat in to the trailer and off we went up the hills to his place.

This was the view from the deck:

We had a couple of beers up in there and back into the water where we stopped at the second red mark (closer to the island) for another couple of snaps and then a pleasant drive back to the harbour and home.

Sooooooo many boats out there wow!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 6:51pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I've done a trip report for last night in reports forum, Labour Weekend TGA.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 8:14pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

had a play in habour today having never used sulphur point before was a great day would be keen on going out past the mount but want my f/f upgrade done first.went up the top of the habour and down to the island and around the mount for a grand total of 2 stingrays
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote junketer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:34am
junketer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Launched at omokoroa early yesterday morning with kids & mrs in tow & fished the last of the outgoing tide. Awesome conditions with no wind but fishing was rubbish with only 2 kahawai for our efforts. Great to get the boat out there again after a few months in the shed!! Would be interested to know if anyone else was up that way & how they got on.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:42am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bugger aye.....I'm keen to learn more about the top of the harbour.....let's meet up sometime soonish ?
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:15am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Those pesky harbour snapper chewed a hole in my berley bag! There's xxxx loads of them up there.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ratty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:04pm
Ratty View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Headed to Major on Monday, left the Marina at 5.30 am  with the intention of some Terras & then kings.   The terras were there but the kings did not show . 

Managed to catch two terras on a dropper rig and a JD on the  sinker !!! should had taken a photo as this does sound like a story!!!    

Weather was mint , not that many boats out there on Monday!!! 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 3:50pm
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot out to spot X(east of A Bouy) on sunday with dad & a mate, it was slow going but we pulled enough for a good feed for family & friends by the end of the day.  Biggest going 60cm & 10lb (fat fish)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

sunday was surposed to go to mayor for 2 days ended up on a family  day  trip with the  kids around the 5 mile to moti areas,   a few snaps  teras and cod  best about 54 , we got one here, 2 there , a few there, not a great fish a but top on the  water day , 

moment of the day was at 5 mile when we started to loss gear on the bottom then we hooked up on a  couter on the bottom, bit unusual to hook couter on the bottom as its getting to the boat a little marko went on the attack, so we feed the couter to the marko for ten mins or so  the kids loved that, coolest fish in the seas markos i really love them little puppy dogs  when they are  under about 6 feet are markos cool fish,

kids  got a bit of film 

girl lost her best slider to the couter which pissed her of  , now i got to  buy  a new one Confused
Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote biggear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 1:53pm
biggear View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Took the family out in the new boat on Monday. Havent had a boat for around 5 years to wanted to see if the old haunts still held some fish. First bait and first good sized snapper in the bin. 4 of us fishing, me being bait boy and chief fish remover. Great day had by all. Home by lunch time with 10 really good fish in the bin. Left them biting. Plenty to go round the neighbours and a couple of nights dinner for us. Success.
Dont let the grey hair fool you!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 8:16pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Left from sulphur point this morning and went left along the island. There is still a bit of swell and the wind picked up sooner and stronger than I was expecting. Water temp was 16. On the way down there were several birds working rilght in close but with the swell I didnt want to venture in to see. Tried at around 10 mtrs and struggled, had better luck and picked up dinner at around 15 mtrs on fire coloured gulps. Found several bait balls on the way back in at around 17 mtrs, sometimes getting smashed up by big schools of KY. No birds and the wind wave made spotting them hard. They didnt seem to be holding snapper underneath but did pick up and drop a stonker that had the Trinny 10 peeling well down on the exhaust side.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Anticipation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 8:21am
Anticipation View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Out jigging for kings on Saturday.
Really came on the bite a couple of hours after high tide, but only for a short time.
Nailed a few nice ones to take home to share with family and friends. Beautiful sashimi!!
If you think you can do something, or you think you can't - you are probably right
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote biggear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 2:01pm
biggear View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

We braved the wind on Saturday arvo/Evening. Headed out along Matakana in about 18m of water. Conditions were ugly but the fishing was not. Really good bite with some great fish for off the sand. Three of us brought home 15 beauties with the best just over 5kg. 
Dont let the grey hair fool you!
Page  <1 276277278279280 414>