tauranga fishing

Page  <1 269270271272273 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2016 at 10:50am
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks uncle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 5:52pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all 
Does anyine still get flounder in TGA harbour?
Spear in particular
Cheers
CN 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 6:51pm
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Comfortably Numb Comfortably Numb wrote:

Hi all 
Does anyine still get flounder in TGA harbour?
Spear in particular
Cheers
CN 

Heard about a few spots further up near Katikati. I think there's also a video done by beyond the wire productions that show spearing flounder in Tauranga area. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote EarlyRiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 9:05pm
EarlyRiser View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Friday was a mental health day for me. Forecast started out well, bar the fog!
Didn't get away till just before lunch and by then it had lifted only to be replaced by a good breeze, a handful of rain fronts and messy sea.
Spotted some birds feeding north of A buoy in about 35m so decided as good as anywhere for a quick drift.
Dropped a couple of 80g Jitterbugs to the bottom and dived into the wet weather locker as the next rain front arrived. Jacket and one boot off, foot caught half in the overalls, rain now horizontal and heavy when both rods bend way past their comfort zones.
Obviously the snaps had been waiting for this moment of weakness before coming on the chew!
Game on for the next hour or so, bin full then back into the harbour up by Plummers Point for a clean up out of the wind. Best day out in ages!
"FELIX" Kingfisher Cat 5.1cc
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Just Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 7:52pm
Just Chips View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Heard that some locals have been catching snapper all winter in the harbour?
Not sure to believe it or not.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 8:05pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Just Chips Just Chips wrote:

Heard that some locals have been catching snapper all winter in the harbour?
Noticed sure to believe it or not.
Yes, it is true
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 7:12pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Finished work at midday today and decided to head out of the harbour. Didn't want to drive all the way into town so put the boat in at omokoroa. A quick trip up the harbour using every last horsepower in the yammy 30 horse all the way to just past A Bouy. We fished for about 2 1/2 hrs with 1 stargazer to show for our efforts. Nice conditions out there and almost froze ourselves solid on the way back. Had fun though.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 7:25pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

I did a mid morning session along the sand & did ok in the finish but the fish were slow, slow, slow, very soft takes.

Had to use the drogue for the first hour or so then the wind dropped.
Have to say it's quite invigorating sitting in a semi open boat on a day like todayLOL 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote calcal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 10:52pm
calcal View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Has anyone managed to get out to mayor?
Hopeful got some time off soon and want to go big kingie hunting
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:56am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

I did a mid morning session along the sand & did ok in the finish but the fish were slow, slow, slow, very soft takes.

Had to use the drogue for the first hour or so then the wind dropped.
Have to say it's quite invigorating sitting in a semi open boat on a day like todayLOL 

I'm suffering cabin fever so I think I'll do a change of light this afternoon from Sulphur City along Papamoa Beach and see what I can find........
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 2:45pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeah I was out there too from about 11 till 1pm, trying to commit to lures so left the bait at home for the first time, left all the fish in the sea too!!
Tried from 15mts out to 25. Nice to be out there all the same.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:25pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

If anyone is fishing along Matakana Island, down by Karewa in about 12-14 mtrs & they find a wedding rig, it's mine :-(Cry

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Downtown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 3:51pm
Downtown View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ouch.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coochdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 6:00pm
Coochdog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Oh sh#t
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Leeroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 9:54pm
Leeroy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bugger uncle! Same goes for my bloody wallet! in my haste dropped it off the ski in the same area.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 10:15pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

..some wealthy snapper along there it seems Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:01am
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mines loose  so i take it off, lost it in the big rubbish bin the other day , putting in hedging prunings had to empty the big bin to find it  lol 

she was not happy   but finding these things certainly saves the day from the all power 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 12:31pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers for putting the jinx on me guys. I lost my wedding ring a few hrs ago while pulling out vines. The threat over me if I was to lose it, is to get it tattooed on! Feck.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 5:11pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Uncle, did you catch any snapper on Monday? We didn't see any but eventually ended up with a jd, ky and a bunch of carrots, of which one came in at 45cm. Biggest I've caught.
Sure was fresh on the briney
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 6:03pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Baked Fish Baked Fish wrote:

Uncle, did you catch any snapper on Monday?

Yes Tim, I got a bin full in the end but they really were very timid on the bite.
Also, the average size was down a bit on last week.

Was that you fishing a couple of hundred metres from me?
Page  <1 269270271272273 414>