tauranga fishing

Page  <1 386387388389390 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:01am
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sent you a PM fella
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 7:50pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Went out in the harbour this avo. Round the back of motuhoa. Not much luck, lots of little tiny kahawai. A couple of bigger ones but not worth keeping.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:23pm
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Shot out to my usual winter haunt 'east of A bouy' on Saturday morning with a couple of mates, returned mid afternoon with 12 snapper, 11 kahawai and 15 Kohi's,   Slow lazy swell but pleasent fishing with no wind.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 2:40pm
Silver
Silver

Nice haul of fish 👍
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 9:35am
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes the fishing was good on Saturday, the give away the fishing was good was not many boats moving around the placei.e. going to a spot and just staying there is always a sign that people are getting fish.

I did a solo mission to Motiti and got heaps of nice snapper keeping 7 in the 2-3kg range and letting another 10 or so 1-2kg fish go. Also got a bonus 11.5 kg kingy on 4 kg line which gave me a good scrap for 30 minutes, it took a strip of fresh kahawai. 

Motiti has been fishing well the last month or so, although school sharks are a pain, most times hooking 5-10 each trip. This is all in 7-15m of water. Never used to get them, they have only just shown up in the last 3  years or so.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barafat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 7:32pm
barafat View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very few reports on the fishing lately.  How has the harbour been fishing over he Winter months?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barafat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2021 at 8:24pm
barafat View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

What's happened to the post on this site?  Has no body been out fishing?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venatori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 8:06pm
Venatori View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This is the month I start to hit the harbour. Nice timing with the level 2. Just waiting for the weather to settle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 8:26pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Venatori Venatori wrote:

This is the month I start to hit the harbour. Nice timing with the level 2. Just waiting for the weather to settle

September 9th is the earliest I've tracked them down in the harbour.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 10:33pm
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

By "them", do you mean snaps?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 10:38pm
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by barafat barafat wrote:

What's happened to the post on this site?  Has no body been out fishing?

I have been fishing off the rocks at sulphur point 3 times since we dropped to Level 3.Not a single bite, no bait taken, and haven't seen anyone else pull a fish, and there's been a lot of people.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:15am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Coastbusters Coastbusters wrote:

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

By "them", do you mean snaps?

Yes, snapper. The first of the kingfish are already in. Basically the whitebait run starts things off.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GregS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 11:04am
GregS View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Barafat, my neighbour put his torpedo out before sunrise Saturday morning  at Omanu area of Mount and caught 10 snaps, also talked to 2 guys catching Kahawai surfcasting Saturday evening in the same area. Over the last few weeks I have seen several workups close in off the beach here as well which like Kitno said is probably whitebait getting the foodchain going. Sunday looks hopeful for a fishing day so maybe some reports then 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiwikoro. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2021 at 10:13pm
Kiwikoro. View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Depending on the weather and harbour water conditions I too usually do the odd prospect up the harbour in September although the recent rain will knock it back a bit.
I have done better in October very early and I mean very early morning or middle of the night, with the right tide,fish last of the incoming.On the right night these early fish are usually good fish,hungry and hit hard,Snapper and the odd decent Trev,it's never guaranteed but you won't know if you don't have a bait in the water.Dress warm and pick a windless night.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 8:43am
Silver
Silver

Will be nice just to get out again, and like Koro said if you pick your day/time, spring can be beautiful and productive on the water. Best of luck everyone 👍
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:05am
Gold
Gold

I think the fish are still in lockdown. I fished sulphur point channel off the rocks right through sunset and into darkness Sunday from 4pm til about 7pm. High tide was at dusk. Not a bite. Even the crabs were on lockdown! The piper were out and about.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jack Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2021 at 9:13pm
Jack Hammer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Some keen fellas were out on the water this morning at 0400 fishing in the harbour.  Hope they did alright.   
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2021 at 11:51am
Silver
Silver

Looked like an awesome morning on the water, might wait a wee while before having a go in the harbour myself tho. Hopefully there are more posts on the forum 😄
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 11:48am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A bit of an opening in the weather tomorrow morning, who's heading out.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2021 at 2:46pm
Silver
Silver

Hey Kitno, planning on going out with my son from Sulphur. How about yourself?
Here fishy..fishy....
Page  <1 386387388389390 414>