tauranga fishing

Page  <1 384385386387388 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:50pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

been going to karewa the last few weeks. in about 32 metres water just north west of the island. in between where the ships anchor and karewa.. pretty much lining the mount with karewa
burley on top of anchor chain.
averaging bout 10 snapper a trip keeping over 35cm models.
went there on sunday. bout 9am/ got 1 big as trevally and 9 snapper over 35cm. a million under 30cm, mate was getting 3 a time at one stage.
ledger rigs with squid. 
i suck in the harbour unless its night time up past omoks. 
if this weekends all right gonna try between motiti and pap beach surf life saving club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 10:22am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Uncle Uncle wrote:

Originally posted by barafat barafat wrote:

I may as well sell the boat the way things are going

Sad to hear that barafat.

Have you been trying different methods of fishing? softbaits, jigs, sliders etc....& different depths?
I was along there on Monday morning with a mate on board.
We had to stop fishing after 1hour 40 mins.
Another mate was also doing similar a bit further along from us.
I suspect plenty of others were too.
The fish are there, you just need to find them & give them what they want.
Keep trying & it will happen.

Photos, or it didn't happen, lol
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lizid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:28am
lizid View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mixed results from pillies and squid ..... nobody using skippy? or are there no complaints from the skippy users?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 4:15pm
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Photos, or it didn't happen, lol[/QUOTE]

I was the one doing similar....  a 595mm and 620mm that took a liking to my soft rubbery offerings

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 4:37pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Awesome looking fish fella! May I ask what colour of soft rubbery offerings were they most interested in?

Cheers
MrW
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote strx7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:16pm
strx7 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

a couple of dark colours for the first hour or so then new penny
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:42pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Most of mine lately have been caught   on Bruised Banana...A few on Bleeding Banana. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:33am
Silver
Silver

Thank you gents, recently bruised banana and new penny have been the pick of the bunch Thumbs Up
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 9:13am
Silver
Silver

Got out Wednesday, thought I could sneak out before the wind picked up..Got out early in front of Matakana but the wind and swell made the drifts way too fast, caught a lot of lettuce...snuck back into the harbour and drifted from Panepane point towards the matakana warf...few other boats followed to get out of the wind. Dragged new penny grub gained some interest but nothing big decided to take the bait. After half a dozen drifts nabbed a trev that came home for tea. Hope you fellas have had more luck than me Thumbs Up
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2021 at 5:11am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well if you're going to nab one, you know how to make it a decent one. Nice fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:46pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went out 2 sundays ago between motiti and  pap surf lifesaving club. sw wind. went up northeast  motiti calm as . 21 snapper . 4 pople
knew the wind was going to pick up but only .4m swell.    come round the corner rough as guts.,..   big ups to the launch that waved us to go behind them.    first time ive done that :) right behind them 40 km a hour flat as haha... probly saved us  30 minute travel time and tonne of fuel :)

anyone rekn  its worth a harbour mission in the shalllows  on saturday night?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 6:13am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2021 at 9:45pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

cher kitno :) ill put on a jersey and bring some whiskey.
you been up maungatapu agin?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 7:29am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I haven't fished anywhere in the harbour for a while now. Te Puna channel is worth a go at this time of year.

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 4:53pm
Silver
Silver

Did ya end up getting out badger?
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 1:52pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Anyone caught any kingies in the harbour recently?
Is there anyone who wouldn't mind taking me out and putting me onto a kingy? My boat or yours. I have not caught one in the harbour yet. Mainly because my wife likes to go out in the middle of a nice sunny day. I don't take my boat out of the harbour, so if you want to go further than that, it would have to be in your boat, but I would pay towards gas and bait.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:07am
Silver
Silver

Hey fella, no kingies for me lately but with the season and temp I've been looking just outside the harbour but normally as a by catch as apposed to actually targeting em. You're welcome to come along, next time I'm out tho 👍
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 5:37pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers MrW, but I'm looking for someone who is targeting them.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 7:06pm
Silver
Silver

Ahhh no worries fella, best of luck!!
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:07pm
Silver
Silver

Hey everyone, anybody been out recently and managed to catch any carrots? Planning on going out later this week and I was hoping that the gurnard are starting to return with the colder weather. Cheers
Here fishy..fishy....
Page  <1 384385386387388 413>