tauranga fishing

Page  <1 372373374375376 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 5:26pm
MrWildabeast View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A bit of a hard days fishing but at least you managed a feed in the end đź‘Ť
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 7:18pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

forecast i thought was for a 2 knot day... went north east point off motiti. was goin to just go  on this side in the calm but stuff it trust the forecast
was pretty sloppy on the way out and a bit windier than i thought... slow moving kahawai schools everywhere not interested in bait or lures with nothing beneath them.
anchored in 8 metres in rocky kelp...  poor lil grapnel anchor was struggling to hold  there.. had to re anchor a couple of times till it held and the wind slightly died.
ended up with 5 snapper.  one pb donkey 74cm and 18 pound on my strayline.  big bonito bait 7/0 hook.  my 1st fg knot braid to nylon that i tied in the slop while watching a youtube how to video haha... landed the fish and cast another bait out and the nylon leader with bait dissapeard overhead leaving me with my braid haha  other 4 snapper 35cm

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 8:41pm
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Started fishing along matakana this morning at 7am. Between 13 and 23mtrs with around 18mtrs being best. Had limit by 10.30 and back home for an early finish. Bit of a lumpy ride going back over the bowentown bar on the outgoing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tedc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 8:47pm
tedc View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nice work Badger good you got the big one in.
I have found very small jigs (7g) will work on ky when they are on top and selective or use a fly rod which is much more fun.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2020 at 10:46pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Waihime Waihime wrote:

Started fishing along matakana this morning at 7am. Between 13 and 23mtrs with around 18mtrs being best. Had limit by 10.30 and back home for an early finish. Bit of a lumpy ride going back over the bowentown bar on the outgoing.

What were you fishing with waihime?
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:44am
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Softbait and bonito. While drifting softbait did the damage and they weren’t interested in the bait, but wasn’t getting that many hits, so anchored and waited 20 minutes and then they went for baits like there was no tomorrow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 8:43am
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went out in the harbour SUN
Was a beauty of a day but I think the fish are still  on holiday ...
Very quiet but a nice day of it 
Any harbour luck
Cheers
CN 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 9:32am
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Waihime Waihime wrote:

Softbait and bonito. While drifting softbait did the damage and they weren’t interested in the bait, but wasn’t getting that many hits, so anchored and waited 20 minutes and then they went for baits like there was no tomorrow

Cheers fella đź‘Ť
Here fishy..fishy....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:26am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

A few donkey size snapper came out of the harbour on Saturday.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stunned Mullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 11:11am
Stunned Mullet View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Was that during the day or at night also in the holes or up into the shallows?
Ive just moved to tepuna area so looking to get out this week in my 14ft tinny
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pullasiki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 2:52pm
Pullasiki View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

we caught plenty of snapper up katikati shallows in the morning of the 22nd of october last year if that helps anyone’s confidence.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 3:38pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shallows up the harbour I am picking?

Good Intel thank you Kitno.

Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 5:59pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It wasn't me that caught them. One was around 70cm and the others were about 60cm in 8m deep channel. Mid morning, incoming tide with alot of current flowing.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stunned Mullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:20pm
Bronze
Bronze

hey thanks for that kitno
suppose their mates aren't there anymore and now feeding on crabs in the shallowsWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stunned Mullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:25pm
Bronze
Bronze

nice to see these in the harbour now and i hope to find one for myself tooSmile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 6:44pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The spot they were caught, I would suspect they were passing through.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 4:00pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

you goin to give up the harbour by ya old house a go soon then kitno?
i might have a crack saturday night
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 5:53pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

When I get the chance, yes. Been trying to find some new spots a bit closer to home so I don't have to tow as far, or travel as far on the water, especially in the dark.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 3:49pm
bite View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Stunned Mullet Stunned Mullet wrote:

Was that during the day or at night also in the holes or up into the shallows?
Ive just moved to tepuna area so looking to get out this week in my 14ft tinny

what do you want to know about fishing out of te puna i fished it for close on 35 years  pm me if you want a chat about the place , mit help you get a fish 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrWildabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 8:53pm
Silver
Silver

Got out first thing this morning to fish the sunrise..launching at dead low is always challenging without a 4x4, managed to drop the D Shackle off the trailer into the mud and spent 15mins groveling at Sulphur point ramp Confused

Sign in the channels leading out of the harbour but had planned on prospecting in front off Matakana. Slow to begin with, 10 to 14m drifting with no touches..changed weights n colors but nada. Moved off towards Karewa in 20mts, had some luck on softies but dropped the odd fish Ouch Luckly the orange slider managed to find some fish and didn't go home empty. Ended up with 3 snaps, from 35 to 40cms a trev and 83cm kingy. Back cleaning the boat at 0930, not a bad start to the day đź‘Ś

Here fishy..fishy....
Page  <1 372373374375376 413>