tauranga fishing

Page  <1 355356357358359 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:54pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice one CN!

Slugga - maketu is s good Coastgaurd option - but then they all are really aren’t they.

Had a very slow day out through the cut today - lucky for some persistence to finally bag a good feed. Once again my boys out fished me 😂
Proud supporter of Ronald McDonald House & the team at Legasea

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:59pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 10:03pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Comfortably Numb Comfortably Numb wrote:

was a good harbour day today.
Heaps of Kahawai and snaps just after low tide. 
All snaps around 47cm.
Any other luch out there? 
Windy, on my limit for the mighty 12 footer!
Cheers
CN

Nice @Comfortably Numb.
Was that during the daytime?
Whereabouts were you, if you don't mind me asking.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 11:03pm
Gold
Gold

Maketu coastguard is only $90 I think. Registering with a local coastguard is cheaper than the national one but with the same benefits.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 9:46am
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Now that is a snapper Speedy! 
An out of harbour catch?
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 9:48am
Silver
Silver

Hi Coastbusters
Was off Kauri Pt about 2pm.
Wind against tide so didnt seem that it would be a good day.
A snapper even went for my live bait sabiki!
CHeers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 11:44am
Gold
Gold

Thanks @CN.

Other end of the harbour from me (I am in the Mount end), but good to know the snaps are biting during the middle of the day. Were you in deep water? I didn't have any luck yesterday, but then I was sheltering from the wind and chop and it was only about 2.5m deep (and pretty slack tide).
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 1:35pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mike that's a nice snapper for the young fella, bet Hayden was jealous he didn't hook it on the 1kg line. Did you notice all that scattered bait sign in about 9-10m on the way out and around 14m on the way in straight off the Cut yesterday. I presume it was Jack Macks, would be a good place to slowly troll a livey around on 4 or 6 kg line for Hayden.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2020 at 6:43pm
Silver
Silver

Hi ya
I was in about 2m max (murky). Not mid channel. 
Went there again today, KY only 
Better sea conditions today for the beast of the 12ft' it is.
Cheers
CN
ps snapper from yesterday tonight.
Smoke'm KY
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:16am
Gold
Gold

Cheers CN.

Has anyone heard any inside info on how the charter boat ended up on the rocks by Mauao?
News reports aren't saying anything we can't already see. Journalism at it's best!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 12:34pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Marligator Marligator wrote:

Mike that's a nice snapper for the young fella, bet Hayden was jealous he didn't hook it on the 1kg line. Did you notice all that scattered bait sign in about 9-10m on the way out and around 14m on the way in straight off the Cut yesterday. I presume it was Jack Macks, would be a good place to slowly troll a livey around on 4 or 6 kg line for Hayden.

Yes Vance - we saw that bait sign just on the cut side of town point but didn’t stop... yip - a livie there would be interesting!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 12:38pm
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Now that is a snapper Speedy! 
An out of harbour catch?
Cheers
CN

Definitely outside! I’ve conceded defeat to the harbour these days!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:32pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The harbour snaps are biting tonight.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:36pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 11:02pm
Gold
Gold

You can't beat the harbour for stunning views and peacefulness after sunset or sunrise. As a former city boy, I feel like I am on another planet or in a dream sometimes when I'm out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 12:20am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:49pm
Silver
Silver

Great photos thank you kitno.
Do live in papamoa and fish the TGA end of the harbour?
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:52pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great photos thank you kitno.
Do live in papamoa and fish the TGA end of the harbour?
Cheers
CN

Yes, Papamoa. They were caught up past Omokoroa.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 7:33am
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fished off Matakana yesterday. Loaded up in 3 hours. Fish were hungry as
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:35am
Silver
Silver

Outside? How is the bar at the moment?
Page  <1 355356357358359 413>