tauranga fishing

Page  <1 354355356357358 414>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Snapper fishing outside has improved, for me anyway. Had a couple of good days over the weekend.
Where were the seiners working Puff?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Keith C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 12:21am
Keith C View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish Uncle. What rig are you using there?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 7:15am
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Keith C Keith C wrote:

Nice fish Uncle. What rig are you using there?

One of my own Keith.
I like the green & orange mix.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2020 at 5:18pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Been doing pretty well on lightly weighted baits at A beacon and the firebreak recently. Got my are kicked today though. One 32 cm gurnard.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:11pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi ya all
I looking at harbour fishing THUR on for about 3 days.
Any luck of late for the Bowentown HRB end fishing at the moment please?
Cheers
CN

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 5:45pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

any one fishing whangamata and getting some fish been a bit quite lately
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Venatori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 10:33pm
Venatori View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fished for a couple of hours up till dark. Binned up with snaps but those bloody bronzies and rays made life hard, taking baits and grabbing snaps off my lines. Was a busy time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 8:07am
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Venatori Venatori wrote:

Fished for a couple of hours up till dark. Binned up with snaps but those bloody bronzies and rays made life hard, taking baits and grabbing snaps off my lines. Was a busy time

Sounds like a fun little session!
Proud supporter of Ronald McDonald House & the team at Legasea

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coder1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 3:42pm
Coder1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Went out today to pudney. A few snapper and tarakihi. Saw a turtle. Nearly got skittled by a weird set of 3 waves that came from the direction of karewa. They seemed to be right across the bay
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 10:32pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went up the harbour for a fish on Sunday arvo, Started getting a few nice snaps as soon as the tide started going out. Saw a jut ski towing a biscuit go past us heading towards Omokoroa, didn't think anymore of it and then about 15 minutes later they came drifting down the harbour past us waving for us to come over. Long story short somehow they had got the biscuit tow rope into the motor and couldn't remove it. So we ended up towing them to Plumbers Point boat ramp which took about 1.5 hrs all up before we got back to our spot. They didn't offer any money for the fuel used for the tow but were thankful (probably didn't have wallets on them and I am not sure people even have cash anymore). Fishing had gone dead so high tailed it back down to the entrance and picked up another snap and then headed home with a feed, but we would have got some more at the first if we hadn't had to tow the Muppets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thebakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:29am
thebakerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We none of us rescue fellow boaties with the expectation of any reward beyond knowing that we have done the right thing. I had to be towed back once after managing to catch a few fish, so we were able to share some koha. On another occasion, we had nothing to offer but our gratitude. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slugga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 11:46am
Slugga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Agree - no expectation - but if someones given up their (fishing) time and half a tank of gas to help you out it wouldn't be a bad idea to cover their fuel costs at least.  
Konacat Greatwhite - ZMU3871
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 3:39pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have towed a number of people in over the years, and they have generally offered cash/beer or koha and I have always turned down the cash, but happily have a beer or a cray. It is more the offer which is important.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote puff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 5:31pm
puff View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mercury outboards should come standard with $500 in under the cowling... 😄😄😄
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thebakerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 6:27am
thebakerman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Absolutely agree Slugga. If at all possible, something tangible should be offered to your rescuer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:29am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Everyone should join the coastguard. That way if you breakdown they will come and help you. It happened to me recently and can happen to anyone. If you are not a member and the coastguard have to tow you in, it will cost you hundreds. I am very surprised when someone on the water isn't a member. It is less than $100 if you join Tauranga branch of coastguard rather than the national one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 9:30am
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Does anyone know the circumstances of how the charter boat ended up on rocks by the Mount last week?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slugga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 4:36pm
Slugga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Must admit I haven't renewed my membership with Tauranga as a less than positive interaction with their Ops Manager left me unwilling to put any $$ towards anything that would support his role (if he worked for me I would have fired him with his attitude).  Planning to join/pay through to another branch - any ideas on which of the neighboring smaller ones are most in need of $$?
Konacat Greatwhite - ZMU3871
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 6:43pm
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 6:46pm
Silver
Silver

was a good harbour day today.
Heaps of Kahawai and snaps just after low tide. 
All snaps around 47cm.
Any other luch out there? 
Windy, on my limit for the mighty 12 footer!
Cheers
CN
Page  <1 354355356357358 414>