tauranga fishing

Page  <1 342343344345346 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 5:46pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I had a reeeel nice day out on SAT
The water was like glass and my mighty 5hp Merc powered me along like a king!
Only got KY, but strangely, the neighbours were my best friends and got feed on the day...
KY are so underrated.
I have a few nights meal of KY stockpiled.
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 6:48pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi coutta,
I have seen orcas right outside Tauranga harbour entrance twice, and even inside the harbour a few times!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coastbusters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 6:53pm
Coastbusters View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

KY are very underrated here, I agree. If they are bled straight away and put on ice immediately they are delicious. I just breadcrumb them, (I pop a bit of piri piri flakes in the breadcrumbs) and drizzle a bit of melted butter mixed with lemon juice and garlic over the top once they are cooked. Everyone in the family loves them. We never freeze them or eat them more than a day old though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 6:52pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Plague proportions of ky in the harbour over the weekend. Smoking away in the Bradley now.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote badger99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:08pm
badger99 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

only managed 3 33cm snapper today off pap beach... nice and freezing this morning. found **** tonne of undersized. managed a 10cm snapper on a 7/0 hook on a strayline.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAZA 2+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 5:55pm
DAZA 2+1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good day down off Matakana today, 8 snaps, 3 KY and a rogue gurnard. Happy Days :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote choc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:01pm
choc View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good result daza. What did ya get em on ? Was down there today in around 15m and only managed one snap and a few kahawai on the softies. Was very slow. Sounds like i may be the problem haha
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:15pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Fishing along there was slow for me too.
I was a bit late getting there & only stayed 'till mid-day, managed 4 snapper.
Didn't see any kahawai schools at all.
Mine were caught on sliders, couldn't get a bite on softbaits.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 7:19pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DAZA 2+1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 9:55pm
DAZA 2+1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We caught a couple on softies but the majority on bait drifting in between 8-12m. Pretty slow in the morning but nice little bite around 2.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote piwikiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 6:44am
piwikiwi View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Uncle I was struggling on softies yesterday at Papamoa while my mate was doing well on sliders. Strong drift too towards Mount so hard to present softies nicely.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:29pm
Silver
Silver

Seems that winter comes along and the bites dry off and so do the posts boo hoo
Anyhow, we are looking at ATH end this SAT and SUN. Hanging out for it.
Will post any 'results'
Cheers
'CN'
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:33pm
Silver
Silver

Um maybe not, Just seen a Rahui been placed on the NTH of the harbour c/- Stuff.
Is this correct?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes it is correct. A mate of mines brother is who they are looking for, not good at all.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:19pm
Silver
Silver

Not good at all. 
We aint going out, please let us know when its lifted?
Cheers
CN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 6:10pm
Mudfish marquand View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

From what I understand on Stuff, the rahui is from Bowentown to Tanners Point. Does this mean that the rest of the northern end of the harbour is open? Cheers
On the fly or not interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Marligator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 9:31pm
Marligator View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dick yes that would be my take on it, that from Tanners Point through to the Tauranga end of the harbour is still open.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Waihime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 8:45am
Waihime View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

First post in quite a while as its been some time since out on the water last. With weather looking good for this weekend we made a plan to chase Tarakihi out of Bowentown. Typical forecast changed at last minute and conditions weren’t what we were hoping for yesterday, but went anyway.
Result was x2 sea sick crew a respectable feed of Tarakihi and a couple of good sized snapper which I wasn’t expecting.
Pretty happy with the result at the end of the day and even the crew ended up enjoying themselves.
We found the fish on the 30mtr line.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mudfish marquand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 1:20pm
Mudfish marquand View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Marlingator. Spent the weekend at Bowentown staying at the Bowentown Beach Holiday Park. What a great setup, can recommend it to other Forum members, very comfortable. The Manager told us we were okay, but to stay away from the Bowentown to Katikati area of the harbour, which we did. Met the victim's brother on Matakana. My sympathy goes out to the family and friends of the victim. Very sad and unnecessary. Cheers
On the fly or not interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coutta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:31pm
Coutta View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Out today at 8am.  Went straight to Brewers to try for some Golden Snapper. Got two keepers and a heap of small ones. Went back into 120 ft out from the end of Papamoa. Stuff all sign but dropped the pick and a burly pot. Got the first snapper after 40 min then a limit in under an hour. Nothing big but 33- 39cm in the middle of winter was pretty good. Used a running rig with a two ounce sinker and 2 ft trace cast out the back. Back at the ramp by lunchtime. Great day.
Page  <1 342343344345346 413>