tauranga fishing

Page  <1 271272273274275 413>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 14footFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 8:05pm
14footFC View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Found it hard work out there today also, had a mate on board with some flippers some shot over to Motiti. The only crays found were in berry so left alone. Fished our way back but was very quite, was a small patch of ky at okapraru reef. Caught a couple of small snaps and blue cod but all released. Water temp still low, 13.5/14.5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mad37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2016 at 10:23pm
mad37 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Was down motiti most of the day and all I managed to muster up was a couple of under size snaps and seagulls, whilst I had one of those massive fights with a 27 cm snap the dam gulls attacked my onion sack berly that much they got the dam bomb out and happily ate it to bits as it floated away from the boat was gutted , hard day at the office out there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote maxtarakihi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 7:09am
maxtarakihi View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Burley session near motiti yesterday morning resulted in 2 rat kings and a couter(where are the snaps)?Moved to middle ground and managed 15 turkeys so a feed in the end.Was slow alright ,full moon I reckon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Baked Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 4:22pm
Baked Fish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

[QUOTE=Uncle]I went for a late morning fish today, could only spare a couple of hours but thought I'd nab a couple to feed this weekends visitors.
Well, I got skunked~~totally.
Not even one biteShocked

Is anyone handing out free refresher courses?
PleaseLOL

Glad it wasnt just me. I also slipped out for a couple of hours and managed one carrot and one grandaddy hapuka. My last two fishing sessions have resulted in a grand total of 0 snapper.
Where art thou snapper?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wayne.L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 6:35pm
Wayne.L View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Ive never heard you getting skunked before uncle! Had a quick paddle after work yesterday. Only two hits. A 44 snapper and a gurnard. Was pretty tough on the papamoa sand this time last year also.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 10:40pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Wayne.L Wayne.L wrote:

Ive never heard you getting skunked before uncle!  

Well, I think it's important to  keep the reports honest Wayne & so, even the bad ones need to be included.
 What made the day even worse for me was the solid ground swell that took advantage of the fact I hadn't taken a sea sick pill.
No fish & a squirmy gut made for a less than memorable day, lol

Look out next week tho' Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote try harder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 11:17am
try harder View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thank god it wasn't just us that had a lousy day on Thursday, conditions great ,fishing guide great, bite times great, where were the bloody fish.
Started of  24mts papamoa not a bite long the front of motiti nothing , round the back of island 37mts run long line out 1 hour nothing, came home on a beautiful sea in 25mins to a shower and a beer with mince for tea 
cutta2
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote avidcrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 1:05pm
avidcrim View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi all,

Went out Saturday afternoon, we had a little one on board so decided not to battle the swells out of the harbour, cruised around the harbour trying several spots we had previously caught a feed, however not a single bite in 5 hours. 

Was a nice flat day in the harbour and enjoyed a few cold beers on the water with great company, so wasn't a complete waste of the day!

Thanks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 7:19am
Betty Boop View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yesturday I found a free time window and took the opportunity to have an afternoon fish.
I bumped into uncle whylst launching and got a situation update, your right on the money laddie.
I headed out to vicinity of "A"Bouy where I found very limited sign on the sounder, however no action at all. I then headed in close to Leasure Island with the same outcome   apparent on the other two boats nearby either.
The most excitement was playing on Facebook lololol.
I was back home in Papamoa cleaning the boat by 5pm. Readying for a dinner party at 7pm......
Last week I joined an Anti-Social support group........They won't talk to me!

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:03am
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Went out yesterday for a softbait and despite nice conditions the water was pretty brisk 12.3- 13.5 , not a lot of sign over the sand at all - to be expected in winter but I was optimistic..

A few coutta, a rat and a trophy gurnad (which must have been big because my 2 year old called it a dolphin LOL
as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GEEBUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:44pm
GEEBUS View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by falco falco wrote:

Went out yesterday for a softbait and despite nice conditions the water was pretty brisk 12.3- 13.5 , not a lot of sign over the sand at all - to be expected in winter but I was optimistic..

A few coutta, a rat and a trophy gurnad (which must have been big because my 2 year old called it a dolphin LOL

So big it scared off the snaps!

G
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:48pm
Platinum
Platinum

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 6:26pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by GEEBUS GEEBUS wrote:

G

Something sure did!

Your avatar pic really shows off your eyes 
as dead as dead is
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GEEBUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 10:10pm
GEEBUS View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by GEEBUS GEEBUS wrote:

G

Something sure did!

Your avatar pic really shows off your eyes 
Good catch aye.Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tone327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 12:08pm
Tone327 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Had a live bait out for most of the afternoon off one of the jetties hoping for an ealry season Kingy. No luck. I see the weed is starting to come through now. How do you boaties beat the weed when fishing in the harbour?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Comfortably Numb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:21pm
Comfortably Numb View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fish the flats withas little current as possible
Try not to use sinkers and streamline everthing
This weed is no good 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:38pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Comfortably Numb Comfortably Numb wrote:

Fish the flats withas little current as possible
Try not to use sinkers and streamline everthing
This weed is no good 

X 2, move if necessary as its never in all parts of the harbour.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Jack Hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 9:06pm
Jack Hammer View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Alarm set for 0530 but woken up by the earthquake.  Originally there was no tsunami warning so I still went out.  Weird being the only boat at the ramp.  Ended up having a great strayline session at the southern end of Motiti.  Plenty of big snapper.  Fish were in tiptop condition.  I went for a dive but the scallops were pretty thin on the ground. It was good this time last year at that dive spot so I need to try some new ground. As the day went on I could see a few more boats out and about even though the NW did pick up a bit, so not everyone was put off by the shake up.  I didn't notice any unusual currents out at Motiti. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Betty Boop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 9:17pm
Platinum
Platinum

Reading this I think I spoke to you at Sulphur point aproximatly 1pm.today 😀

Papamoa
fi-Glass Viscount
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stonefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 12:09pm
Stonefish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

On our way back from a nice morning down Matakana, limit of snapper straylining. We were in 14m of water between Matakana and Karewa. Pillies best bait. Nothing big just good eaters.
Page  <1 271272273274275 413>