Another one gets the bug!!

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 621 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 7:40pm
621 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mark, you're a champion! Awesome day had by all - as the boys kept saying during the day with hook-up after hook-up after hook-up EXTREMEClap At the end of the day was the first time no one complained about calling it a day....think they welcomed it with the sore arms - now permanently stretched!

minus 1 Killer CryCryCryCry as Si says still swimming out there somewhere - fish owned it
minus 1 Orion 210 - 230? Nambas.........long live the Nambas and may it RIP - had a hard life that lure was not game to swim the Carpenter Gamma or Hammerhead after that! But both are proven fish catchers.

Some feedback on the others from my selection above (based on beginner skills, sure more experienced topwater anglers would get way more out of the lure than I - so just my views as a novice):

1. MC Works KILLER is one amazing lure - would be the favorite by a country mile. Easy to swim by an amateur like myself. Very life like - expect this one would be the go for a marlin for sure. Didn't get to play with it long and it was slammed and later line bustedAngry - would have topped the catch count if not lost I think. It was very nicely finished Cry

2. Go the NAMBAS (big or small fish love em all). Probably drew up and nailed the most fish for the day. A must have if your going to get into topwater. The 140 did the business on the day.

3. MUSKIE. Cheapish odd looking lure - but wow - awesome action and neutral bouyancy. Another order enroute (one for Mark and one for Si) - this is a must have and awesome squid immitation.  Rig as recommended above - small hooks No1 or 2's, same size, moderate retrieve or a twitch/dart (which worked best for me).

4. AH Custom, nice lure, needs some skill to swim but well worth the $'s. Was not great on troll, but good working back from a cast. Has a big profile and head section so plenty of water displaced on the pop, a little more experience on my part and I think we'd have a winner here.

5. FCL Labo CSP, nice lure, solid action. Mine is a big 260mm version - and only had a breif swim

6. Nomad, Ulua's did not play with these much but found ok / moderate lure. Mmmmm.

Didn't swim the small tailwalk gunz 

Not many pics taken of the topwater action....the group was otherwise occupied but got half a frame of the muskie below - looks really nice in the water, not in the tackle box.

"Luck is when opportunity and preparation coincide"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 8:26pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome stuff Steve. Top report and heaps helpful informationThumbs Up

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 4:49pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Being a recent topwater convert myself, I thought i'd share with the class what turned up in the mail today Smile

Top to bottom -

Hammerhead Cherry Pai 200
Garyukubo Black Sheep 210
North Craft Gundance 180
Yambal GT Harrier 165
Fisherman Delta 5 Big Game
"                "        "  "    "
And I thought jigging was an expensive sport LOLLOL
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 2:34am
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ahhhhh, lovely stuff Mark, some beautiful toys in that lot... look forward to seeing them hangin outta some fat Kings mouths....
TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 9:06am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah mate, hanging out to give them a swim, especially the Yambal GT Thumbs Up
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Page  <12