Curtosy Trailer

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curtosy Trailer
    Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:19pm
Hook up! View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Guys,

We have a family business called Daltons Ltd it is a landscape and nursery mix supply business and we have a depot on Hull rd Mt Maunganui and about 2 weeks ago our manager lent our curtosy trailer out without getting a car rego - the guy gave the name Kelvin Bond and a fake number so chances are the name is fake two. I have attached a photo - we are prepared to give product reward for anyone who can help us find this guy.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 9:49pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

JD would be spitting if he knew you were giving away trailers like that, man! :-)
Shouldn't be too hard to find surely, but I guess a coat of paint would camoflage it pretty well.
Trusting bloke your guy, eh?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 10:46pm
swanie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Saw one of your trucks yesterday, will keep an eye out over Bellevue way for the trailer though.
"Love the smell of Napalm in the morning"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 1:03am
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on ya for actively trying to get it back.Maybe run an ad in the main area newspaper and a few local ones ?   
 i used to be weekend manager of  the local landscape supplies place a few yrs back and Had the same thing happen to us with a highsided tandem trailer.Guy who owns the place was not exactly pleased and gave up on it until we spotted a local lad with it 4 months later. Best part i suppose was the fact it had been given 4 brand new tyres.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:29pm
Hook up! View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for your response guys. Capt. Asparagus (stu is it?) yes unfortunately it is a very hard lesson learnt $3100 to replace. JD would not be happy at all mate. If the high sides are taken off it will have no tail gate so might be a give away. 
Appreciate you all keeping an eye out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 4:33pm
Hook up! View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Chers for the look out Swanie.

Going hard - I believe we are running an ad over there and handing posters out around the other landscape yard etc. Hopefully it will turn up sometime. Glad you guys got your one back. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 5:18pm
Titanium
Titanium

JD was a great guy, one of lifes real gents. Hope you find the clowns that took it, sucks that there are people out there who feel it OK to abuse trust like that.
Good hunting.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote snapazapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:00pm
snapazapa View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Will keep an eye out on me travels
Live life to the fullest...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ocean Adikt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 10:55am
Ocean Adikt View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Guys,

Just letting you all know one of our drivers spotted our trailer in Otumoetai so followed the guy and rung the cops. The guy had changed the trailer abit but painted it the same colour as our trucks and left the red cover on it - how dumb can you be!  He even gave the police the same fake name he gave us so BUSTED!!

Thanks to everyone who was keeping an eye out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote STEVIE WONDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 11:05am
STEVIE WONDER View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good outcome hope they throw the book at the scumbag
ONLY WHEN THE LAST TREE HAS DIED AND THE LAST RIVER BEEN POISONED AND THE LAST FISH BEEN CAUGHT WILL WE REALISE THAT WE CANNOT EAT MONEY.
NATIVE AMERICAN CREE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 11:39am
Titanium
Titanium

Excellent! Great result.... although now I guess the trailer will belong to the insurance company, eh.
But I too hope the guy gets some serious punishment... he won't of course, but we can dream....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 11:50am
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Glad to hear it was tracked down.Tauranga is a pretty small place for a numbnuts like him to hang onto it and keep it looking the same.I wonder how other people have been on the receiving end of his False name.At least he cannot claim he innocently bought it off someone else if he gave the same false name to the cops that he gave to you.Most likely end up with 200 hours community service and reparation that will never get paid.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 12:47pm
Hook up! View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We picked up the traielr and brought it back so we have got it back.
The fake name used was Kelvin Bond so if you have any dealings with a person with this name be careful.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 6:19pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Daltons Compost - I reckon my wife paid for your boat, and I got to shift many cubic meters into her new gardens. I can laugh about it now, but at the time I had a serious HATE going on Ouch. Good news about the trailer!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2011 at 7:24pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

ask the judge / cops if the bloke can do his community service in your yard, I know what it's like filling bags in summer.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook up! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 7:24am
Hook up! View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tagit - good to see your wife has good taste mate. Bet your garden was booming after your added all that beautiful compost.

Mouthu - Theres a few jobs I can think of we could use him for.