Squid in wellington

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaypeegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 8:42pm
jaypeegee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Just a wee necro bump: Is there any egeing action in welly?
I been looking for someone to watch and learn from

"You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 10:15pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

well me and big al just had a poke round. no joy but.. will keep you posted.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 4:51pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

jpg gona have another poke round the next few nites if you are keen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hamachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 3:09pm
Hamachan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've had a couple of goes around oriental at night over last few weeks but no joy. I have noticed a lot if bait fish around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DeKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 3:57pm
DeKay View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I'm going to try in summer
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:53pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yeah summer sounds good. give me somthing to do while waiting for the 40lb moke to snuffle my bait. Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 4:11pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the squid are here. just finshed talking w a guy that  picked up 3 tuesday nite. even had a pic on his fone.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kumra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:10pm
Kumra View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Where about's Mole? Always wanted to try catch some.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:34pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

the guy wouldnt say.. but oriental bay under the street lights and burnham warf would be another go.,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaypeegee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm
jaypeegee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by mole mole wrote:

the guy wouldnt say.. but oriental bay under the street lights and burnham warf would be another go.,
Nah mang
It's all out seatoun way
"You don't have to be smart to laugh at a fart, but you have to be stupid not to."
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kumra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 3:31pm
Kumra View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Off Seatoun wharf? Isn't it a bit rocky close in a Obay? Wouldn't you get snagged with one of those squid things?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hamachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 5:28pm
Hamachan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The gurnard I got the other day at seaturn had a baby squid in its stomach.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jaydogfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2011 at 6:29pm
jaydogfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

went round to that marine lab in island bay and they had found some squid eggs when they did the clean up in evansbay last week
THE DOGG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 5:42pm
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

lots of wee ones about

sometimes you are the statue ,sometimes you are the pigeon

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 10:36am
mole View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

just had a guy in said he got 3 the other day.
sometimes you are the statue ,sometimes you are the pigeon

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hamachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 9:29pm
Hamachan View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

i've been trying around oriental bay quiet a bit but still no joy.  might need to try some different lures.  been using a bring orange one.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote egi man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 12:25am
egi man View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Will be in Wellington from the 23rd Dec to 3rd Jan. I do heaps of squid fishing here in Geelong in Victoria. Will be bringing my sumizokus and yama****as and hoping to find some calas around the harbour. Hoping to catch up with some other keen egi nuts and talk squid. Dunno whether the techniques we use will work over there but im sure to find out. Will keep an eye on posts and will try to contact anyone who is keen to catch up...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 420reload Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 7:34am
420reload View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

iv done a bit in tauranga we use glowig jigs and fish around the lights on the shadow lines they seem to attack better in the dark areas and yes dont rush em abord your boat they will squirt twice then  there fairly safe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Os Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 12:52pm
Os View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

My mate got one @ 5 mile last weekend on fish bait. @ midday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Cod Father Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2012 at 1:45pm
The Cod Father View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I've caught a few in the past jigging for blue cod around the Brothers and behind mana, this was before the current slow jigging craze took off and we were just using grim reapers yo yoed near the bottom.  It happened often enough to think it wasnt a fluke and I reckon a large pirate jig fluttering mid water may be the way to go
No Gut No Glory
Page  <1234>