What I made today

Page  <1 3456>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:18pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats a bloody good idea that - looks awesome!!  Well done Thumbs Up
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:55pm
Smelly Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey, that's what I need to keep the leaves & crap out of my live-bait tank.
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
I came; I saw; I stuck around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:46pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That is very nice worksuks.... I could use something like that for my poor old boat!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote danjer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 2:20pm
danjer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just a quick question for you guys making the poppers and stick baits, where is and how much is the weight in lures tec?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Don18025 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2010 at 3:18pm
Don18025 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Danjer, drop down to the DIY lures thread.....and follow RealAppealLures - he is the guru.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 8:05pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ok I hate having to leave my boat outside so made  covers. 
Here is a couple more pics to go with the outboard cover post a couple of weeks ago Since then have added a full HT/bow cover.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 9:57pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Mean
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 12:31pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I thought if I just made one all over cover then it would be heavy and a arsehole to pull over, so thought I'd do it in 3 pieces. Also I wanted the road cover seperate so it can be used for over nighting as well as road travel.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 12:50pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

250gram acid wrap 
synit deepshot 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 2:53pm
Seth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Bloody nice rod GG,

gotta get myself some of the anitgravity stuff too Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 10:54pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 9:36am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice bro very very nice Approve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 11:02am
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hey GG, Is that marbling or paua? looks nice man good stuff..Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:09pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

its thread mate Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 12:19pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Now that is cool man, I could have sworn it looked like epoxy marble effect.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 6:57am
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Squab for the chillybin.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2010 at 8:29am
Smelly Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hey Worksux, great idea, having it domed on like that.  My big Youvella just has one of those kneeing pads glued onto it, but with a MAF size chart stuck on it, so it gets messed up during a session.
Are you interested in taking orders?  Where are you based?
Cheers, Simon
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
I came; I saw; I stuck around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote worksux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 8:14pm
worksux View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

abit of wind and my 6m boat flys, to fast for soft baiting so made sure this mofo will slow it down. Its got a 1400mm throat.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 5:18pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I decided it was time to rig a few new jigs and that gave me the opportunity to look at others and inspect the business end, in particular those assist hook rigs that use wire and are covered in black heat shrink.

Mine looked a bit tired after being smashed by a few couttas and well the wire looked a little bit like it was fatiguing around a very tight bend around a small ring...  also underneath the heatshrink I found the hooks (chemically sharpened) were corroding...so I ain't gonna use that... I thought buggar it lets make some new ones.

The new jigs needed some so instead of buying them I got the good old 316 49 strand 750lb Stainless...not coutta or Mako is gonna bite me offOuch

I notice alot of the assist's sold in packets come with short rigs and with the bigger jigs I want to try with a longer assist to at least cover the middle section as I am sure most fish hit the long jigs about midships more so than the top/head area...just my thoughts...

So I formed the loops around a stainless thimble, crimped them up and added some heatshrink over the hook/thimble/crimp area...put on a tube of lumo...and thought go another step and tart up the hook with flasher thread and go one more step and add a coloured lumo squid to help with the movement and colour and action...and hopefully a far ken big kingie/bluenose/puka/bass...YEAHClap

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 9:46am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

A few Chrissy presents I whipped up for the whanau. 
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Page  <1 3456>