Friendly bunch here

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friendly bunch here
    Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 10:24am
Adam Scott View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Boy, I had a look at an american site, fists flying and everything. Be to scared to ask a question there, not friendly like us simple foke aye.

http://www.marlinnut.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=753&forum=DCForumID1

No one even congratulated the angler on a fine catch on 50lb gear, who cares what it weighed

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 10:52am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Adam...

FYI - The MarlinNut is where the idea for a NZ based fishing forum was born....even back then there were in my opinion ego problems and the "mine is bigger than yours" brigade out in full swing......in amongst the do-do there are some of the worlds best of the best but they don't come across as such.....they know who the are, you know who they are....easy!!

I vowed from the start not to let it happen here.....sure you don't have to agree with others opinions or findings but discuss/debate with those in the same manner you would like to be debated with.

Even met quite a few of our current members on Marlinnut....Oblad?...Cullum?...Kiwiboy (SheepShagger)?...Fishb8?...Peter Pakula?... Roddy Hays?...PacoSaca?....Mako?.....Tagn'Brag?.....there are a few others that will spring to mind.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 11:11am
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah sorry to offend by posting that if I did, but I do wonder how many of these legends who know so much have caught 20+ marlin in a day up to 400lb, caught over 400 marlin in a season and caught swords over 650lb. This person gives advise freely without any "Im better than you" comments. I just couldnt believe what I read.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 11:13am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

That thread is quite vitriolic even by Marlinnut standards (but I did get one piece of useful info from it )

Marlinnut is a good place and some serious heavy hitters post there (as well as some very much lesser lights) but often in a very sesquipedalian way. I couldn't go there every day though - makes the brain hurt.

Fishing.net.nz - home sweet home. Bloody good fun with just enough serious stuff to make it worth while. Gets my vote.

Random musings on all sorts of things http://obaldnz.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 11:16am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

no offence taken at all mate and I understand what you are saying 100%!

That is exactly why I poured in a considerable amount of hours getting these forums into a position where a "community feel" would flourish....didn't  happen by accident.....I personally would rather close the doors "if" this place went that way.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 11:20am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Obald....

vitriolic??....sesquipedalian??.....you are the sole reason I have www.dictionary.com in my bloody favourites!!

sesquipedalian is quite an ironic one really!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 11:29am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Sesquipedalian - that's a centipede riding a pushbike isn't it?
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 11:31am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I want to see him put the word hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist in a sentence
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 12:02pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I just went to that site and had a look. What a bunch of tossers. I dont care how good they are or think they are.

I'm sure they arent as good as there ego's are big. That Capt chap is full of him self isnt he

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 1:53pm
Barrell View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Wonder what they think when they read your "Banter" piggie!!!

Barrell

Give a man a fish,& he will eat for a day.Teach him how to fish,& he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 2:27pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They would think I'm a ****. But I admitt it. Mind you they would think you are a ****ing **** to Fatboy. But hey at least I'm not a used car salesmen, thats even worse than been a c--t
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 3:00pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by Bushpig on 28 July 2004
They would think I'm a ****. But I admitt it. But hey at least I'm not a used car salesmen, thats even worse than been a c--t
Harden up Captain Kuni kuni, you are showing signs of weakness you soft c*ck!!
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 3:02pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not as soft as you fishbait boy. Well thats what your misses said anyways
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 3:17pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can't help it,  but that fish doesn't look 1100 plus does it
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adam Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 3:28pm
Platinum
Platinum

NOOO dont start it here!!! But I recon its bigger than yours AC EASY, just kidding, but a nice fish all the same, not the angler or boats fault that the scales were out.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 3:32pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah yeah way bigger than AC's
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 3:38pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hahahah............tag shot and released

Seriously though,  pharocial comments on that site from what seem like well weathered anglers along with very derogatory personal comments. I think the top dogs don't like a fair challenge from the rest of the pack.

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2004 at 4:45pm
swanie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I bet the pig will be emulating him soon if this crap weather and no fish keeps up.