Poppers Hall of fame...

Page  <12345 14>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 9:54pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Nice GT there wanabe.Good fighters those GT's.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote campbellc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 7:40pm
campbellc View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

22kg caught at Mayor earlier this month 
Looks like im gunna have to get another set!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nepptune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 4:08am
Nepptune View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Time to update this thread...

A recent feral camping trip to the sand islands off the southern end of the Bazaruto Archipelago in Mozambique saw me there for the first 5 days, with two good buddies, Bertus and Earl ( of Hellsgate Lodge ) MISSIONING for 5 days, and only getting in about 4 hours dolid fishing due to hectic logistics... only managed the one big Sea Pike Barracuda which I posted before, and a couple sharks...
As luck would have it, I had to bail back to work in SA, and the day after I left, Bertus and Earl ( who were staying for 10 days ) bumped into some mates and moved the camp over to Magaruque Island, moved into a house with a private chef, and proceeded to thrash the GT's.... bear in mind, we had been completely feral camping, illegally, so had to hide ourselves in some sand dunes, MILES from anywhere...

Anyway, stoked the boys smacked some decent fish after I left.

Berus has been chasing a decent GT for 9 years now, its his unicorn.... he found his unicorn on this trip!

And then some...

Between them, they managed 9 more GT's over 20 kilos, including 2 x 35 kilo and 1 x 38 kilo with a handful between 10 and 20 thrown in....
Earl managed two fish on back to back casts.... the boys were busy tagging his first fish, and he reached over, yanked the DarkStar/Heru Ulua out the GT's mouth, put in a cast and BANG, was onto number 2.... the first a 25 kilo model, the second a 35 kilo, both fish to the boat in under 8 minutes...

Tackle used and supplied by us at JigStar Africa:
Rods - Jigging Master GT Monster 7'8" and 8'6"
Lures - DarkStar/Heru Ulua and Wahoo Stickbaits
Braid - Jerry Brown Hollowcore 130lb ( go big or go home hey! )
Reels - Stella 10000FA with 20000FA spool ( one of my personal reels!! ) and a new Penn of some sorts which Bertus was testing for pure fishing, NOT the Torque... he had it loaded with 100lb whiplash!!!

Leaders were 170lb FISHERMAN which was on my Stella, and 130lb Berkley Leader on the Penn... both leader set ups using PR KNot connections, and lures were rigged with a mix of ST 66, ST 76 and Gamakatsu GT recorder trebles pilaged from my stash!! :)

TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fish Pimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 3:49pm
Fish Pimp View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

****e'' Nice Trevs keep some alive and bring em to NZ will ya dont worry about border control they cant even look after Kiwi FruitCry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 8:35pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Snuck out at dawn for a solo mish the other morn, my usual possie failed to produce so went prospecting and pulled this skinny 19.5kgr (weighed) out from 5m of water, pulled the hooks on another slight better one at the boat and ended morning with a scrappy 12kgr.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 10:55pm
marx View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Be in reports but might as well log it in this thread.

Boat: New Dawn
Species: Kingfish
Weight: 31.16kg
Reel: Twinpower 6000 (now deceased)
Rod: Shimano Pencil Instrument
Line: Varivas GT PE5
Lure: Hammer Head Cherry Pie

Science for the mind and Art for the soul.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Falco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 3:40pm
Falco View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yellowfin on FISHERMAN DELTA Stickbait
GT on Orion Cono Cono 190g
Barracuda on Orion Cono Cono 160g 
Mu on Orion Cono Cono 190g
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote six guns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 3:56pm
six guns View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

nice work man
skull draging and taging
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lordhell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 7:30am
lordhell View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Amazing catch on poppers, well done. Thank you for the pictures.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 10:36pm
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Not sure I'm in quite the right league here, but this is a cool catch for me.

7kg Snapper taken on surface gera in 20meters of water.
140mm Cannabal  stickbait, Abu T-Allloy reel over a hybrid Savage/Kilwell rod on 10lb Rovex braid

Not a great pic sorry.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 11:09pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cool! Interesting addition to surface lures' range of target species! You catch all the fish, it's not fair! ;-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eddvedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 9:58pm
eddvedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just want to share my last catch with popper

Location - Rompin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bunzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:21pm
Bunzo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Is that an Adhek popper ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eddvedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:37pm
eddvedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nope. that is Budi popper. Also made in indonesia but a little bit cheeper than Adhek Bali popper Wink  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote stellajigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2010 at 10:57pm
stellajigger View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

very nice 
theres a popper thats good and cheaper than an Adhek amazing 
Live Bait , the Lance Armstrong of catching KINGFISH
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eddvedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 1:19am
eddvedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

This another catch using budi popper.

Budi popper andromeda 150 gram

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eddvedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 1:22am
eddvedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

uik... why the picture only shown 3/4 ? Do i have to resize the picture manually?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 6:31am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice sail on a popper EddieThumbs Up welcome to our forum.
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote eddvedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2010 at 2:41pm
eddvedd View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

thanks sir... ! want to try you luck in sailfish popping just let me know.. Hehehe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Toni BG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 9:20pm
Toni BG View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

23kg. White Island

Page  <12345 14>