kite fishing from port waikato

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote robdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: kite fishing from port waikato
    Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:11pm
robdunk View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi there, want to get into some kite fishing often take bike to port waikato or raglan for some surfcasting, but want to have a go at kiteing anyone able to show me how its done or give me some pointers??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote swish2fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:28pm
swish2fish View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Would be a good idea to set up a new forum especially for Kon-Tiki and Kite long liners to share experiences and ideas?

I know I'd be Interested....Mods??

Max
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jerry69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:44am
jerry69 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Never given it a go myself but some old work mates used to go out to the port all the time and clean up off there with the kites, some very big snapper too!! wouldnt be a bad way to kill a day.....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 9:56am
Seth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I would like to second a Kontiki/Kite forum... maybe called 25 hooks?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ropo101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:24pm
ropo101 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

i 3rd that idea for a longline/kite forum
V8 Super Cars are back,Go the holdens!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 6:27pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah good idea, Grunta? What Sayeth Yee Sir?
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2010 at 7:49pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I was recently introduced to live baiting with a kite from a boat ( marlin fishing) It got me excited at the prospects. I have since got hold of a AFTCO kite. The live bait we used was briddle rigged in front of the dorsal fin and spent all day finning head down tail up across the surface, ocassionally the kite would power up and the live bait would skitter across the surface causing heaps of noise and action. Next game fishing season I am so gonna employ this technique, my mate who introduced me to it reckons the visual strikes are something else!!!
 I imagine the same thing could be done from a land based spot?
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"