Cutting out at full throttle. Flooding?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting out at full throttle. Flooding?
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:09pm
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:01pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I would be checking for:

1/ Air leaks (Spray "Brakleen" / CRC  around likey areas, an increase in revs indicates air leak)
2/ Fuel supply / cleanliness.(Fuel pump diaphragms perished holed) (Dirty carby)
3/ Spark quality / duration. (Shorted spark should be a vicious blue / yellow spark)
4/ Determine is it flooded / leaned out. Remove plug to determine. (Black is rich / wet is either faulty, flooded or no spark/ weak spark)

Only then will we have a better idea on how to comment.
I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:22pm
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

If under load could be a faulty ht lead.
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 7:44pm
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ_Nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 8:56pm
NZ_Nitro View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

VRO PUMP? this fitted to Johnsons? there are some very good experts on here who im sure will chime in, other things perhaps carb jetshave you tried squeezing the primer bulb while playing with the throttle, might push the fuel past a faulty pump? water in the float bowls? getting sucked up when the throttle opened? choke left on?
Always learning
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Outboard Performance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 10:15pm
Outboard Performance View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I take it you pre mix the fuel being that vintage? In other words, no VRo.
What HP is it Kinger?

A simple trick to see if it is running lean when dying is push the key in to choke the engine, if it picks up in revs, its running lean. If it dies even more, its either flooding or a spark problem.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kings Marine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 8:46am
Kings Marine View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fit pressure gauge between pump and carbs - need approx 3psi at all revs (Im picking pump is o.k. but you must confirm first)
Remove carbs, strip and clean,clean,clean
Emoticons
The Mighty Waikato
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kings-Marine/100476476662857?%3Fref=ts
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:33am
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 9:51am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

def sounds like a fuel starvation prob to me.
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 2:20pm
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:22pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes in a word!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 4:25pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I hope it hasn't been seizing with that premix sooo lean. Can you run motor in a wheelie bin in gear at home after you have done all your stripping and cleaning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Breakaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 5:00pm
Breakaway View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Outside chance, but you might want to check the fuel/air jets. Some clown had over tighten mine at some stage and it took many months of testing before it found that the tips had been broken off and embedded in the carb bodies. 3 out of 4 jets in my case.

If you can adjust jets while on idle to the point he motor stalls, yours are probably okay.

In my case, it could'nt be repaired (paper weights nows) and new carbs fixed that problem.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:49pm
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 4:56pm
jae View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

i have a problem today i was in full throttle today and motor cuts out what could be the coarse of this i have a 25hp evinrude 2stroke motor and i forgot to mix 2stroke oil in it still starts runs on low revs in drive would it have damaged anything
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 6:38pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It may well have seized when it cut out through no oil. If so it is damaged, but you wont know how bad unless you tear it down or take it for a run
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Durban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 12:25am
Durban View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The pump you have gets it vacuum pulses through the little hole in the small gasket behind the pump make sure these holes have no obstructions it does have a diaphragm in it the pump repair kit if you need it is part no.39313.you have fuel in through the 5/16 inch plastic nipple and fuel out through the brass nipple , i would not over look your 2 ignition coils the motor will start perfectly and idle nicely and when you check the primary and secondary winding they will be within specs . the problems start when the stator increases its AC voltage output it goes through the power pack then onto the ignition coils when the coil starts heating up then the problems start it drops a cylinder then doesn't go as in your case best way to check these coils is dynamicly [IMG][/IMG]
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Durban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 12:49am
Durban View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:34am
kinger View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just so folks know, I didn't start this post, think my profile has been hacked. Either that or the piece of crap that burgled me and stole my laptop logged in on it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 8:09am
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

It's really old....
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...