Old boy lure

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Standard Deluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old boy lure
    Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:09pm
Standard Deluxe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Got this off secret santa this year down with the rellies, its about 100mm wide and 150mm long.  I should have put a ruler with it for scale, its a big old lure!  Tuna maybe?

Not sure what it was meant for but will be mean to get it out for a run!

Some of you old bast... fellas would have seen these when they were fresh on the shelves!

Anyone else got any old stuff like this?
Anyone still using it?!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote seabass510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:57pm
seabass510 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

In Australia they are called "aeroplane spinners" and are really popular for Murray Cod (predatory freshwater fish that grow to over 100lb). Pretty much used in dirty fresh water to create lots of movement and turbulence so the fish can find the lure.
If you want to sell it there would be a fair few interested buyers in Oz I would think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 2:56pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

yep, thats definatly an aeroplane spinner, troll them behind a boat for murray cod, pretty much been replaced by spinnerbaits over here these days but they still have their place
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Raging Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 3:40pm
Raging Bull View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt
Big Sexy

Nice and shinny, make a great cuda lure!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Standard Deluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 5:31pm
Standard Deluxe View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Aussie eh?  That narrows down the secret santa, think I might send a secret thank you their way!
Does look like a cuda magnet...
Maybe I will bring if with me to Aussie next time and take it for a run there, just been watching murray cod on you tube they look like a lot fun on light gear!  Damn murky water on every one though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote makka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:57pm
makka View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Juicy Fruit Juicy Fruit wrote:

Aussie eh?  That narrows down the secret santa, think I might send a secret thank you their way!
Does look like a cuda magnet...
Maybe I will bring if with me to Aussie next time and take it for a run there, just been watching murray cod on you tube they look like a lot fun on light gear!  Damn murky water on every one though.
I dont generally fish any lighter than 20lb for murray cod, they live in super snaggy spots and you just dont know when a 50+lber can pop up, they can run you back under a log pretty damn quick!

saying that, if I head up my local river I just use a 10lb on my bream gear as the cod are pretty small there, not much over 10lb