How many of you are writing letters

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many of you are writing letters
    Posted: 21 Nov 2002 at 4:15pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just out of interest. How many of you are taking time to write to Pete Hodgson ?

A letter doesnt need to be a long winded, 20 pager. If you are one of the ones that can type a post here then you have no excuse for not writting to the minister of fisheries.

I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2002 at 6:30pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

2 sent via snail mail and several emails through Option4's website....And with my new position on the NZBGFC management committee I am sure there will be more..

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2002 at 7:37pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good on you mate. I have been sending one a week for the last 3 weeks. As he has to answer and I like taking up his time I think I will continue.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2002 at 7:53pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I have sent Emails, hard copies and fax's to this clown and all I recieve is the standard form letter.  I seriuosly doubt that they get past his PA.  They are probably just put in file 13 (bin).  He would not take any notice anyway because if heaven forbid he did the decent thing and considered the ordinary Kiwi his government would miss out on valuable revenue which they would  disperse amongst their pet customers, and we all know who they are.  I think the time is near for the old fish guts in the roof guttering trick.  Or instead of anthrax we could send him an old fish head with a white feather attached.  I have even written letters to the Herald, none of which have been published, probably was a bit hard on the poor old bloke.  Will continue to annoy him with emails and fax's.

Cheers

Graham Hansen

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 6:15am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I send email but just get the same answer all the time
Must start sanil instead
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tomsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 8:42am
Tomsta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Whats the address???

Anyone know where he lives or what his home address is..... one way or the other we 'NEED' to get our combined message across. I'm going fishing this weekend and with a bit of luck I'll have plenty of fish gutz to be spreading around.

Happy Fishing

Tomsta

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 9:16am
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hon. Pete Hodgson
Minister of Fisheries
Government Building
Wellington
New Zealand

(Freepost - no stamp required)
I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 10:13am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kerran, Matt

Correct me if I'm wrong. But dont they have to pass him any correspondence he recieves ?.

The letters I have sent have had a reply telling me that it has been passed to him for consideration and he will be replying shortly. Is this the standard reply you are talking about Barrie

Bushpig

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gordon G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 10:51am
Gordon G View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

In the UK if you write "Private and Confidential" on the envelope it also means nobody else is allowed to open the mail.  That way he can't get some poor slave to do the "hard bit" and really has to earn his money!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 3:08pm
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Kerren

What do you think?

Why not start a chain type letter. Write a letter and e-mail to a friend and they add their name and then they forward it onto someone else, etc.

Just a thought.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2002 at 3:47pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kerran,

I think Naki is onto something there. Can we get experts like Paul and the team at option 4 to pen some generic letters that the members here can personalise and send off. I think anything that makes it easy for people to do but inundates the minister is a good thing.

Bushie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2002 at 12:46am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I had a personal reply to a letter I sent to the then Minister of Police once.

It was my 2nd letter after my elderly father had been robbed 3 times in as many weeks and as the reply to my first letter was a real cop out from an underling, I suggested that I lay in wait for the villian with my chain saw as I didn't own a shotgun and hoped the police arrived before I ran out of fuel.

I even had a visit from my local copper who suggested it wasnt a good idea to do that but.... hey... they put a big Tongan guy on the case and caught the little bugger! So letters can work.

My advice is to keep the letter business like, free of personal attacks on the minister. Worth a crack putting Private & Confidential on it too... good idea Gordon. We may want to string some guys in suits up but at this stage I think we need to keep it seemly....

I will send my letter on Monday.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 8:06am
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Kerren,

Have you by any chance got the e-mail addresses to ALL MP's. I dont think that sending 1 letter to Hodgson will achieve anything as he has a track record of keeping his collegues in the dark and holding back info. However if we then send copies to all MP's he has nothing to hide and we may be able to 'assist' him in doing his job by removing this compulsion that he seems to have for secrecy.

This may also have the added benefit of giving ALL Mp's a 'headsup' on these issues & make them aware of the ground swell of discontent over an amazing range of issues that have been thrown up into our faces over the last few weeks.

Who knows what may happen if each individual member of every fishing club sends 1 e-mail on each issue each week to every MP between now and Christmas. in my book this equates to several hundred thousand e-mails each week, maybe even a couple of million.

Surely they have to sit up and take notice of this ? 

Just a thought

Cheers

odin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 9:21am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

odin,

Not a bad thought. However I was talking to Matt about this the day of the fishing seminar and he said e-mail was a waste of time. They simply just dont read them. However they have to answer snail mail.

Bushpig

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 1:25pm
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Ok Bushpig,

I have no problem with snail mail. Why dont we try to get motivated and go for a target of every MP getting say 50,000 letters by christmas. Multiply that by 120 of the usless pricks down there and they will still be there replying next christmas. Not withstand a cool  $2.4 million out of their postal budget.

Where can we get a complete mailing list for these clowns ?

We can certainly use the internet to get organised through the clubs. Incidently if any of you are not current members of clubs, then please join one as we are going to need some real solidarity on these issues that are threatning the future of our recreational fishery.

If we dont stand together now we will loose it forever.

Cheers

odin

Proud member Manukau Sports fishing club

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 2:24pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

odin,

Fully agree with you. i think they all have the same address of

Government Building
Wellington
New Zealand

There must be a complete list of them on a web site some where. I will try and do some reseach on it.

Bushie

Follow member of the Manuakau Sport Fishing Club and owner of an ugly boat.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 5:01pm
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Is it as ugly as mine?

Must be a thing with manukau fishers, either the boat or the owner is ugly

So long as it catches fish.

cheers

odin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 5:30pm
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Nobody has a boat as ugly as yours Stu - but it certinaly does catch fish !

Obald

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 6:08pm
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Dave,

I'm glad that you said boat and not owner.

Boat status, pulley wheels off to be remade as stainless ones. New stainless sump at first fitting, six hles need slight alteration and should be a pretty thing to see.

Cheers

odin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2002 at 6:43pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

In my case its both. But the boats uglier than me
Page  12>