Jims Lore

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jims Lore
    Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 5:22pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hate to sound like Im pushing "NZ Fishing Coast to Coast" but I have just finnished the artical written by Jim MiKoz and this guy raises some really interesting points. For those that havnt yet read it or dont get the mag, let me know and I will photo copy it (with Mikes OK ) and send it to you. It will convince you that this mag is worth subscribing to as it is different to the others.
Mike can vouch to the fact that we have met once (at the boatshow)and Im just another subscriber so have no barrells to push

Mike
another great read and thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 5:24pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What month Barrie ?
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 6:50pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

the latest one
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote marlin spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2004 at 7:34pm
marlin spike View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

great magazine, loads of infomation for the keen fisho.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 2:53pm
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Barrie.

Barrell will be pleased to know that you "don't like pushing Barrells" hahahaha.

President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 5:46pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

just read the artical mate
supprised that no-one has commented
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Eric de Vries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 10:35pm
Eric de Vries View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Barrie

I'm on his email list. And I'm astonished with the activity he's involved in. Just email him if you want to be added to his list, for those (like me) who don't get the magazine. I'm sure he wont mind as I have passed on hs email before to others who saw the benefit of recieving his articles.

Barrie does Jim subscribe to this site? He'd be the person to shed some light on related topics discussed here.

[email protected]

http://www.southernbluefins.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Coast to Coast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2004 at 11:49pm
Coast to Coast View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Barrie, I agree with you. The man is a gem and a true unsung hero of the battle. To have the opportunity to talk with him for an hour or three is to be impressed by the efforts of someone who works tirelessly and without reward. His knowledge is impressive. There is so much information he emails I don't get time to read it all. You get the advantage of that because I get him to write an article instead on what's happening. Its great, practical stuff.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 6:57am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Most impressed with him. Thats why I pffered to shoe the quality of his scribes
Eric thanks for the email address, I will email him tonight and have a look but its worth picking up Coast 2 coast as well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 7:31am
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Barrie.

I read his article last night. Bloody hell, he certaintly shows DOC, MAF and Helen up for what they really like.

Execllent to see that we have poeple of Jims caliber fighting behind the scenes on our behalf. 

Well done Jim and keep up the good work. 

President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 12:25pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Haven't read the article, but Jim is a local lobbying legend for the recreational sector down here.
Saw a pretty comprehensive paper he prepared on the Blue Cod fishery. Very impressive.
I think he won the boat section of the Nationals one year too, so he has the credentials.

Mars
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 12:26pm
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

BTW Eric,
                 Thanks for the e-mail address. Will check it out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2004 at 7:40pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I will have to agree you Barrie I have purchased Coast to Coast on several occaisons and greatly enjoyed the articles.

Already subscribe to some other ones so when they run out will look at subscribing to Coast to Coast instead.

Will hunt the article out as I have the latest Mag.

Cheers Woody.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tictac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2004 at 10:48pm
Tictac View Drop Down
New User
New User

Hi Fishos

Thanks for the positive comments about my stories.  I have been on Government committees for nearly twenty years representing recreational fishers and written heaps of submissions.  It is quite different writing a story as I usually write submissions or letters to Government or councils.  The next story will be a bit shorter as I have given Mike some photos that will blow you away.  There is so much going on that selecting the next story is interesting as another issue always pops up.

There has been a few letters sent out recently that I will have to make into a story hopefully a bit shorter as I get the hang of writing stories.  The blue cod submission you will not get as a story as it was thirty six pages long!  But there were some interesting things I found as a chap had written a scientific paper and he had turned over 10,000 blue cod in his research.

See ya

Jim Mikoz

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2004 at 10:59pm
shimma View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome Jim,i'd like to say congrats. on your story in c2c,and it's great to have you speaking out for those of us,for one reason or another,don't have the nous or background,as you do,so please keep up the good work...cheers Jim 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2004 at 7:01am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

great to see you here Jim
Love the writings and you have opened my eyes on a lot of things.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2004 at 10:26am
Mars View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi Jim,
           Thanks for 'going in to bat' for us so many times over the years. Like your no-nonsense, take no prisoners approach.
Keep up the good work. Probably bump into you again at "The Cave"

Cheers Mars