Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 45678 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rayzone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 4:55pm
Rayzone View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I am heading off to Great Barrier Island with my family for a week in September 2011, i am looking for some guidance on who provides fishing charters from Great Barrier Island for say 4 - 6 people. We are looking at fishing for snapper, kingfish and some scuba diving.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 8:54am
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Anybody fished on this boat - http://fishingchartersauckland.co.nz/

Was a one day special on a charter yesterday - boatless and desperate 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kenzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:10am
Kenzo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

What would be the best bet charter for hapuka / kingfish, closest to Auckland and not very expensive?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 9:31am
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Shot Kenzo - $67 for 6 hours
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote valleyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2011 at 9:53pm
valleyboy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

COASTAL FISHING CHARTERS aboard STRICTLY FISHING with Aaron sargent at the ranfurlys . if you want to catch big puka ,bass and of course the reef donkey kings that the ranfurly bank is famous for then book a trip with sarge . mean as boat gets to the ranfurly in a hour straight out of hicks bay fast and safe twin 200 yamys sarge has got more spots than you can shake a stick at and makes jigging easy keeps you straight over the fish the whole time  during the fight, trailer boat jigging is so much easier than a high side live aboard and you can fish a lot more spots in one day zooming everwhere not chugging !! and last but not least sarge is a hell of a good skipper a real gentleman never stressed once at the boys  and a wealth of information and not afraid to share it turned a couple of first time jiggers into seasoned veterans after a only a couple of days . highly recommended my only advice is go for at least 3 days and do weights before you go ! {no joke}STRICTLY FISHING STRICTLY MEANhttp://www.coastalfishingcharters.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rodwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 9:30am
rodwreck View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Did Epic this Winter.....Fanfirkingtastic. Put mates onto them, same result. They are a great Charter Operator.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote TIN TUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2011 at 8:16pm
TIN TUB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FAT BOY CHARTERS TAURANGA
RUSS HAWKINS  (COMPLETE BLOODY LEGEND)
can do this with out him, but it's heaps of fun with him, regretfully some on the boat on this day had misguided beliefs about just how good they can actually fish!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jonocoogee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 3:07pm
jonocoogee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I second TT's mention of Fat Boy charters, Russ was a great host and we had managed to bin up by 9.30am (leaving the harbour at 7am.) That jet engine is also bloody nice once it gets humming!
TAS - Its a real disease
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shrmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 9:31pm
shrmin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Did a charter on Wave Dancer with Shaun on Saturday. Awesome day. Nothing going in the morning, but he never stopped looking and trying until we got onto a big workup out by Channel. 10lb snapper on every drop of the Z man plastics. I'll be going again for sure.Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Daniel K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2011 at 11:09am
Daniel K View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

4Reel. Tauranga.
Every time i've been out with him we've got our limit, with plastics, jigs, straylines, anything that you want, and these are big specimens. You get your moneys worth with this guy and i've been fishing with a very good number of boats out here in Tauranga. 

Mike has the atmosphere, the attitude and of course, puts you on the fish.

Going again this week, and the next, and the next, and the...

Mike - 02102123000 - Bloody legend -
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southhook44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2011 at 8:54pm
Southhook44 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I am very keen to go out on boxing day out of Tauranga or close three pax anyone got space I live in Queenstown so need my salt water fix and run a large tourism company so will help out with publicity if any one can help out please....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 7:35pm
NZ Critter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

has anyone been out with Dave Arrel on Double strike??
I am lookin at a trip targeting big Kings & Snapps around cape Maria
Herd he was the man. What you reckon???
"AOTEALURES" Hand Crafted In NZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tas-tackle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2012 at 5:47pm
tas-tackle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://www.fishingnz.net.nz/

Pete from Snappa Slappa 2 knows the area like no other...  when up here in Doubtless Bay give him a call ....  

http://www.tas-tackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EditB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 4:54pm
EditB View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hooked on Barrier
Out of Whangaparapara Harbour.
Chris is an excellent skipper and put us onto the fish. His newly refurbished boat is comfortable and a has plenty of all round fishing space. will also cater to 2+ divers in a group booking.
He also runs a fishing tackle/bait shop in Claris and can supply refills & tanks for divers.
I do not lie about fishing, I willingly participate in a campaign of misinformation.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CapnHook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2012 at 10:04am
CapnHook View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by rodwreck rodwreck wrote:

Did Epic this Winter.....Fanfirkingtastic. Put mates onto them, same result. They are a great Charter Operator.

Gotta agree totally rodwreck !!

If you're not on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SP80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 2:33pm
SP80 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Epic is my first chioce. and second. and third and fourth. thats as far ahead as my brain works.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 10:02am
Smelly Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cobalt charters  Mobile : 027 493 3226
leaves from Z Pier Westhaven
Alan took us out on Thursday and what a great day we had. Aside from getting our limit (something l never do on my own boat) he was a wealth of knowledge and encouraging tutorship, and a downright gentleman. He supplied free rods & tackle set up how he knew would work, and even dipped into his own bait stocks because he rightly new his squid was tougher than what we had brought. Cobalt is a fast and well maintained boat too, which makes the whole day a pleasure.

Would go out on Cobalt again in a flash.
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
I came; I saw; I stuck around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote grantdixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 2:49pm
grantdixon View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

In my work I have fished with the good, the bad and the ugly in terms of charter operators. Even the good ones can have off days.
When it comes to judging the success or otherwise of a charter trip, it is probably all about expectations.
Before booking a trip, discuss your 'expectations' with the skipper and determine whether they can reasonably be expected to meet these.
Steve Haddock of Zambucca fame once told me there were three things that went into a good charter trip - the weather, the fishing, and the performance of himself, his crew and his gear.
As we know this summer, the weather has put plenty of trips on hold. The skipper should be able to advise you, given your expectations, whether the conditions will curtail these or not.
Fishing is fishing - sometimes they bite, sometimes not. A good skipper wll work hard to put you on fish, not just anchor up at one spot and expect the fish to come to him.
The big thing in Steve Haddock's opinion was the service offered by the crew - their knowledge and advice with reagrds to tackle and techniques; ensuring you are well fed and watered - especially on long range or multi-day trips; and finally, the state of the boat and tackle with regard to clenliness and maintenance ."I can't influence the weather, i can have some control over the fishing but the service aspect is totally in my hands and that is what makes the difference betyween a good trip and a great one.'" Steve says.

Food for thought when judging charter operators.
For my 10 cents worth I have always enjoyed fishing with Dave Arrell on Double Strike out of Whangaroa, previously owning and operating Lady Clare. Dave never ran with a deckie on our trips and we subsequently got to esperience the whole gig first hand  from rigging skipbaits, toing lures and genmeral bottom bouncing - and he is a bit of a character to boot. And he charter rates reflected fasirly what he was offering.
Dave is just one of many of outstanding charte operators whose efforts far overshadow the bad ones.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coromandel slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:26am
coromandel slayer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

hey guys, does anyone have any recomendations of any west coast, north island charters around the New plymouth areas? cheers guys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 3:11pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi all, has anyone used Target Charters out of Bay of Islands? Feel free to pm or post.....Cheers  
Page  <1 45678 13>