Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 34567 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JOLLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 11:44pm
JOLLY View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by MUNTID MUNTID wrote:

...Enchanter, that is all...

Damn straight Muntid, Lance and the Enchanter crew are good C*#t$, people like that are few and far between, went above and beyond the call of duty in my books. Role on March!! Brace yourself Lance

Had a good outing on Cobalt with Alan in the Hauraki Gulf, chased the birds all day (FN birds mutter mutter, hate the FN birds… and of we go …chasing the FN birds) – had a ball!! I’d do that again without a second thought. I’d Recommend Alan to anyone chasing decent Snapper out of Auckland.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LBGer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 9:08pm
LBGer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jake10- yes, Te Kuia is the name of the boat. I have been on that one and teh other older boat Ratahi. Has lots of good memories on both those boats, its a bit different fishing, shoulder to shoulder along the side, 10oz Sinkers, 3 hook droppers. Before teh limits were introduced, got my best haul of snapper with them, 40 snaps with many thrown back. I fed half of my grandmother's friends (most of Mt Maunganui)... 
A king on the bricks is worth 5 in a boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mxaone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 6:17pm
mxaone View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

blue pacific charters on cascade with mike boswell great boat great guys great fishing, mike knows the ranfurly area like the back of his hand and had now issues finding us some nice fat puka.
cheers guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote calypso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:52pm
calypso View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

You may be interested in knowing there is a new fishing charter operating on the Kaipara Harbour.  Its the Kaipara Cat Fishing Charters owned by Tony Walles who's been on the kaipara using his own family boat for over ten years so he knows the harbour well.  The boat is the Kaipara Cat that he purchased from Poor Knight Tours.  Its a FAST 11.5m alloy cat with two 225hp optimax outboards and a beautiful boat for fishing charter.  Has all the amenities - berths to lay down if anyone feels seasick, a galley, toilet, even a hot shower.  There are rods for hire only $10 and you can buy extra sinkers and hooks on board if you lose yours. Coffee, tea and milo is free.  There is also onsite lockup parking and charter options to cook the fish you catch or lunch or anchor up somewhere for a BBQ afterwards.  Most of the charters take hours to get to the fishing spots but this cat gets you there fast so you have more fishing time. Phone Tony on either  09 4207391 or 021 02929089
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:04pm
Smelly Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks Calypso, is there a web-site? With photos, details of numbers he can take? Port/base address? Presume he is all ticketed with safety gear etc.
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
I came; I saw; I stuck around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Often Out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 7:30pm
Often Out View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Check this out.

http://www.kaiparafishingcharters.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 2:54pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone been out on Gulf Raider from Gulf Harbour?
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote John_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 3:59pm
John_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Sufishent Sufishent wrote:

Anyone been out on Gulf Raider from Gulf Harbour?

Yes a few times, have done well on all trips. Great boat to fish from. Pretty good skipper in my opinion...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2011 at 10:33pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thanks for the reply John. I'm a bit gutted as I was supposed to be on the good ship Diversity tomorrow but they have engine problems and the charter has been switched to Gulf Raider - was really looking forward to a trip on Diversity Unhappy
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Koda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2011 at 9:50pm
Koda View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Moggy Moggy wrote:

Hey Uncle
This is not a bad idea this but once you have compiled the list we should be able to give points say out of 10 with 1 being bad trip/experience and 10 being bloody brilliant.

I have been out on some of the ones names and had bad experiences such that I wouldn’t think of going again but I equally know of people who have had good ones with same people, so they can have an off day which I would like to know about giving the operator the benefit of the doubt.

In my books if I was a charter operator there is no point in just being listed as great, I would personally rather have the bad with it – then I could improve my offering or at least ensure that the “bad” experiences don’t happen again – but hey that’s me and I think some of the charter operators have a ego’s so may not take kindly to being rated 1/10

But fair is fair and I think being fair to the charter operators is telling them when they are not performing and also being man enough to leave your name on it so they can contact you and follow up – after all if they are not told they cannot fix and there is a great need for our charter boys to understand that they probably never hear the “bad” trips back nor have the ability to fix them as most people never complain but vote with their feet.

I had a charter trip last year by a well know operator which was less than I expected, I contacted him and made my thoughts known and he has to his credit gone out of his way to provide a replacement trip at a cost we are all happy at (note that’s not a free trip) – he didn’t have to I am sure but on the basis of that he will pick up many thousands of dollars more business from people whom I refer to him.

So whilst we don’t want to name and shame – which is fine, we should be able to openly in this forum place weightings beside those whom we have had great trips and those we have had less than that to try to raise the bar for all charter operators.

Only point I would make is unless they specifically say or guarantee that they will help you to catch fish then the catching of fish should rate to high in this assessment, as we all know fish are fickle and to blame an operator for you not catching fish isn’t right, we can all go out and have the same results.

I have to agree with this totaly. Regardless of what job you are in, if you are getting things wrong, the only way you are guna improve, is to know things aren't right.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote StripedMarlin101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2011 at 5:05pm
StripedMarlin101 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Rick Pollock Whakatane on board PURSUIT hes the man. Why havnt i seen his name mentioned???
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ODL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 12:31pm
ODL View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Rippin and Reelin (Whitianga) 
Craig - 0274 824 630/ Email: [email protected]

Took my father-in-law and brothers-in-law out for their first taste of New Zealand fishing. The first spot we stopped at, we all hooked 15kg-18kg Kingfish. The next stop, my father-in-law got a 16lb Snapper and the rest of us got more Kingfish and massive Kawhai. Craig was a great guide and super helpful and friendly and really went out of his way to find us some awesome fishing. I wouldn't fish with anyone else in Whitianga.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redwaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 10:58am
Redwaka View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nik Mathiesen - Saltflyer (Saltfyer.com)

Took the family fishing with Nik last year for Kingis. First (only) time I have used a charter. He gave us an exceptional couple of days. The man has a genuine passion for angling and that came through in his professionalism and effort to provide us with a memorable fishing experience. 

Based on this experience I will use charters again in the future.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southhook44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 3:24pm
Southhook44 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

MOERAKI FISHING CHARTERS "KIWA"
I have been out with Callum a few times now and is a top bloke - does not mind me playing around with soft baits ,slow jigs , jigs e.t.c which some red neck SI operators are not keen on . Plenty of Variety 5 drops on the slow jig 5 species , And best part is all fish are cleaned for you. !!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 5:12pm
Southern Man View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Arenui (Geoff Lamond)
As Grunta reported a few weeks ago we did a 4 day gig on Arenui out of Hohora recently. Top boat, great crew - really professional but very good company, did everything he could to get us on to a stickface, never afraid to burn diesel in pursuit of the Holy Grail. Worth every cent.

Mai Pen Rai
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scullapint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 7:23pm
scullapint View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Gotta plug for Wayne Banks  and Neptune charters
Not bad for a one armed skipper...and no the boat does not do circles to the left!

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scullapint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 7:25pm
scullapint View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

And Kelly Toon on Seators....May Leo rest comfortable knowing she taken care of by one of his bouys!

AWESOME PARTY BOAT!

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sasnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 6:09pm
Sasnz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

leilani charters     out from Whitianga

Capt Joe. great fella and skipper. will accomidate all elvels of fisho and will bend over backwards to make you feel welcome. The deckie catches crays and scollops for dinner and is also a chef. The scollops are the best i have ever eaten, including out of restaurants. bugger wont give out the recipe tho...lol. We go once every year and have never been disapointed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OZ Game Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 5:11pm
OZ Game Fisher View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

'Australian Marlin Charters' with Capt Bill Billson. I have only great things to say about them.

http://www.gamefishinghub.com.au/charter-directory/australian-marlin-charters
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fi-domain02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:27pm
Fi-domain02 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

To be honest guys I have to say Double Rum Fishing Charters is the best fishing charter i have been on Brett Fleetwood is a good skipper, knows what he is doing aswell they do diving, fishing, and harbour cruises so its all great fun. Would HIGHLY reccommend this fishing charter here is his website.

Page  <1 34567 13>