Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 23456 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 9:17pm
fozzie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Had a trip out today with Chris on "Coro Cowboy" (cowboy) on the forums, we had a blast, and would have no hesitation in recommending him to others, easy to get on with, and looks after his clients very well. Thanks for the trip out Chris, will definitely be back for more of that snapper and kingfish action you put us onto, and the mussells you sent us all back with were an added bonus.
Dont take life too seriously.....no one gets out alive any way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote anglebox64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2010 at 9:02pm
anglebox64 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

would have to aggree with fozzie i also have been out with corocowboy and had a wicked day out 24-4-10 and would not hesitate in a return trip AA+++Thumbs Up
fords the best F##k the rest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 12:09pm
fozzie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We are doing the return trip this weekend, 10 keen anglers departing Te Kouma Wharf 0630 Sat morning.
Dont take life too seriously.....no one gets out alive any way.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:42pm
Smelly Buoy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Done the Mokes twice now with Wayne Radford on R'n'R Charters from Mangawhai Heads n come back with great fish, including a 60lb Puka. Itching to join him again.
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
I came; I saw; I stuck around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 8:19pm
Silver
Silver

Any good charter boats working the Manukau?
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 8:26pm
rocko View Drop Down

Manukau harbour cruises

09-232 0095
Mobile: 0-27-547 2287

Call Free: 0800 294 488

many F/net members fish the manukau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 8:49pm
Silver
Silver

Cheers Rock
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Auckland CCTV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:41pm
Auckland CCTV View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Any good charter from Tauranga?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:31pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

One that seems to have missed being mentioned is Assassin, out of Sandspit, Warkworth.
Brett & Chris run a mighty service with an emphasis on softbaiting.
There wouldn't be many who would have as much knowledge when it comes to softbaiting & the many years of working the Gulf give the charter added advantages.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 8:47pm
DIY! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Actually Assassin is an awesome boat, Brett is a knowledgable skipper.  my cover shot on the Bayfisher was one of Brett's fish.  tell him what you want to catch and he will make it happen.  i have had three trips with Assassin one time I took the whole family - he was able to cater for hard fishos and my then 3 year old twins!  Cheers Brett and Chris.
http://www.actionstations.co.nz

Berkley 2009 and 2010 S/B champ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarmerBrowne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 11:19am
FarmerBrowne View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by chaweenz chaweenz wrote:

Colin Tecofsky - Fish & Dip Charters - Softbaiting guru - can be contacted via Top Catch at Sulpher Point. I did a trip with Colin a few years ago and he got me sorted in the softbait caper.

Extreme - Ginga - on this forum - jigging & Popper fishing guru - I am sure he accomodates all styles of fishing -  he has a website somewhere

Fat Boy Charters - I have also heard good things about Russ

All three of the above operators have boats that are well suited to smaller groups 2-6pax
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sid101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2010 at 4:17pm
Sid101 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Tell you one good charter operator me and 11 other of me mates used not so long ago, was Slipray Fishing Charters, had heaps of fun and caught heaps of fish!! Big boat, heaps of room!!

If your reading this post Phil, thanks again for the amazing trip!!

Sid! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote taa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 10:38am
taa View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

has anybody been out on RNR charters? had a look at their website and it looks promising.
you can give asian products so much crap, but you will always use/own an asian product lol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Smelly Buoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 7:06pm
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by taa taa wrote:

has anybody been out on RNR charters? had a look at their website and it looks promising.

Yeah Taa, been out twice, & keen to go again. Wayne got us onto some beaut puka & when we got sick of that, lined us up for a 20lb snapp.
Tangled Up In Blue
"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 9:33pm
merman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Brooook Brooook wrote:

Captain Clay's Charters Snapper Fishing
Tel 03 - 574 2911. Mobile 0274 - 397 178.

HAVELOCK, halfway between Blenheim and Nelson

Caught up with an old friend from many years ago and now Clayton is "Captain Clay". 8m Sea Ranger with brand new e-tec 200hp to get around the Pelorus/Keneperu sounds. Targeting big snapper. I haven't been out with him but can say he's an honest good bloke, very keen fisherman, and a real character who has the snapper sussed in the sounds. I've seen his photos and his customers have caught some awesome snapper.

thanks mate after sifting through all the pages I found 1 for the area,got a friend looking at sorting a trip that way in the near future, are there any others in the area I haven't done my homework yet to see ,hes never fished in his life and want him to  get a good run for his first time

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 6:19pm
Snag View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

In no order

Epic - Tairua
 Enchanter - Whakatane
 Leilani - Whitianga
 Mussel Barge Safaries - Coromandel

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jpkempshearing@xtra.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2010 at 8:06pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

...Enchanter, that is all...
     ...If u aint fishing on the edge, yur in the way!!...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2010 at 2:15pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Gian Gian wrote:

Been on Grouse fishing charters out of Tauranga before, was pretty good, Put us onto the fish in pretty trying conditions. If you cant find them in the phone book talk to Matt at De Coro fishing supplies, He knows the skip.
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jake10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:34pm
jake10 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Gian Gian wrote:

had a trip with Blue Ocean charters , very nice people , got to admit that being a jafa i wasnt used to wee little hooks for terakihi , they gave me great advice , skipper was friendly etc ... cheap as chips too .

an observation or 2.... we are spoilt in Auckland , at the Tauranga marina the charter boats are moored a gazillion miles from the parking ! , couldnt see any logic to their setup .The Terakihi fishery ( from what i saw ) is very healthy , the currents are big . The only negative was that our boat only had a grapnel anchor - we were anchoring over sand , hence it just kept pulling with the current and breeze so a good portion - in a fact a majority of our day was spent trying to find some foul to get the anchor to hold , the skipper was not amused but did his best .

Did suggest he ask the pwners to get him a decent anchor for xmas , i think the boat was called te kuia ? very big and great setup , lots of space for fishing and your gear .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote red leigh 1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2010 at 10:01pm
red leigh 1975 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

one of the best charter skippers/ operators in my experience has to be Chris, from the Te Ra at Whangamata. our club recently had a charter booked with him, which was cancelled at short notice by Chris, unfortunately some of the crew didn`t recieve the message in time. when they turned up at the wharf, he instantly took them out for a couple of hours with NO CHARGE! there was no reason for him to do this, but he went out of his way to help our club members. a few fish were caught and everyone was happy. well worth a look if you are over that way. an all round good guy, always willing to help with advice for the inexperienced fisho`s
will put his contact details up asap
Page  <1 23456 13>