Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <12345 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mangre 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 5:55pm
mangre 2 View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Never been on a charter, but have worked pretty closely with the Whakatane fleet,

No 1 Rick Pollock
This guy has done more for fishing in NZ than any other charter operator in NZ full stop.

Beautiful is better than ugly, Explicit is better than implicit, Simple is better than complex, Complex is better than complicated.      http://oceanmobilemap.blogspot.co.nz/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CBrett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:00pm
CBrett View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

now theres a thought

cheers AC
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 11:19pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Indeed, if you are looking for the top of the tree in NZ Charter circles, I do not think you could go past Rick and Pursuit.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote madspaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 1:19pm
madspaz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Mark @ Extreme Sports Fishing.

Had a great day out! Good price and included gear aswell.  Alot of people can vouch for him on here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 2:49pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pusuit, Epic, Charter Connection, Enchanter are some of the best I've been on
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whitidevs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 12:55pm
whitidevs View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Coromandel Barge Fishing
(Ratis)
Skipper: Graeme & Linda

Costs:  $50.00pp Child $25.00.  Rod Hire $10.00pp, Bait $10.00pp(let them know when you book)

They are roughly a new charter business only starting up last year.  I have always had a good time with them, very helpful and if only has one charter for the day will stay out longer as he has a motto you already out there why not stay.  Will try to make sure you go home with fish.  Book with him you won't be disappointed.  My brother caught a competition winning snapper that won him a brand new penn rod and reel set, 200.00 in cash plus other prizes.
I will catch you yet
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rock Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 7:38pm
Rock Fish View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Red Boats - Abalone Cruises.
Skipper: Dan and Jen
0800 RED BOATS or 09 579 9574

Costs: $65 per person + $10 for rod hire(optional) - 7am - 2pm from Z Pier Westhaven.
Costs: $55 per person + Optional Rod - 4pm - 9pm Z Pier Westhaven.

Not the fastest thing in the water, but haven't come back without fish. Both Dan and Jen are a great laugh and ensure you have a good time. One thing I really like about these guys is that you can book individual spots. They'll fit you in with a charter or take a boat out with people looking for only two or three spots (if there enough people on the day looking for individual spots). You can take alcohol on the boat as well if you like.

You have to get your own bait, but with Topcatch round the corner it's not a hard task. Parking is $10 for the day at Z Pier as well.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 7:16am
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if you come north there are a few goodies out of Whangaroa. I wont bore you but the one on this site....

Kuri 2 skipper Brian Candy, he is the one who does the monthly reports for the mag, he is also 49er on this site, what he dont know aint worth knowin, he fishes for anything marlin to puka and snaps and dam good at it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:00am
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yes there are a few goodies up north have used Tank from Hohoura  before and very pleased nice guy
woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:35am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Rick pollock & his fine Vessel Pursuit would vie for the number one Charter boat operation in NZ.
National & world records, a can do attitude, one of the top charter boats on the water. Even Rick's sidekick & Zane's worth a mention - keenest fisher I have ever met with the knowlege to put average fisho's on to amazing fish.

Slick, professional, incredilbly experienced & one hell of a nice guy.

If you can get a booking - take it.  

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote walter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 10:47am
walter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

We have had some great charters in the past with Nigel Merry on Pacific Knight from Whakatane. I'm not sure if he's still operating but he always worked hard for us and was great company. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 12:54pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LIONEL KORACH - MEMORYMAKER CHARTERS - OHOPE BEACH, WHAKATANE

Have done a few charters with Lionel now and even though the fish have had their mouths shut a couple of times the banter and laughs are always top notch and he will go the extra mile to put you on a fish.
Add into that the awesome homestay set-up he has, great hospitality, awesome fishing yarns and drinks at the end of the day and you get the idea.

Also wouldnt have a bad word to say about EPIC in Tairua. Top bloke and kingis galore.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote livebait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 10:32am
livebait View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi All

Have been on a few Charters so I will name the best from my experience for each area.

Thor Charters -Arron
Have had a number of days where I have caught 10lb+ snapper and kingies

Epic.
Too good!!!

Enchanter
Top of his game, even on bad days, he gives 100%

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 7:16pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Assassin charters,highly recomended ....check out thier new web site   http://www.assassinfishingcharters.co.nz/
2009 and 2010 BERKLEY SOFTBAIT COMP CHAMPS,Runner up 2013 ( solo),winner 2013/14 longest kingfish nz fishing competition
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rotowarriors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 8:58pm
Rotowarriors View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

RAGS - Aaron Laboryrie - Maverick (i think) 
Coro - Rhys - Madfisherman

Both Top blokes
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brooook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 9:35am
Brooook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Captain Clay's Charters Snapper Fishing
Tel 03 - 574 2911. Mobile 0274 - 397 178.

HAVELOCK, halfway between Blenheim and Nelson

Caught up with an old friend from many years ago and now Clayton is "Captain Clay". 8m Sea Ranger with brand new e-tec 200hp to get around the Pelorus/Keneperu sounds. Targeting big snapper. I haven't been out with him but can say he's an honest good bloke, very keen fisherman, and a real character who has the snapper sussed in the sounds. I've seen his photos and his customers have caught some awesome snapper.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.............Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer,
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 12:11pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cova Rose
Capt. Brett Waterhouse
027 414 1484

Three Kings, Far North, West Coast (Bluefin), East Cape (Ranfurlys) and I'm going to be putting together a few 3-4 days trips to the Mokes and Barrier a little later this year so keep your eyes peeled for that announcement.

Sleeps 8, plenty of fishing room, heaps of ice holds, SKY TV, awesome skipper and crew.....the DUCKS NUTS!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 8:55am
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

http://breambaycharters.co.nz/ 
From Marsden Cove Ruakaka (Whangarei)

Steve is a friend so a bit biased but I know he's dam good at what he does, Loves it and always gives 100%
Ask anyone thats been out with him. A lot of his business is repeat customers year after year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PDSquid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 5:54pm
PDSquid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Island Water Taxi,
Terry Newcombe based in Russel.

http://www.islandwatertaxi.co.nz/index.html

burley ups and serious strayliner!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mac the knife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 11:09am
mac the knife View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

WEST COAST CHARTERS LTD    MANA-WGTN PH NEIL  027207 9158
www.wellingtonfishing.co.nz

Neil puts on a good trip either on his 6mtr cat or a chartered vessel for larger groups , targeting groper ,snapper ,Tarikihi , Blue Cod , diving and spearfishing trips also arranged.

On those hard days Neil never gives up trying to put fish in the bin . He`ll even get in the water if he has too and get some Paua or crays or shoot some butters to keep the puntas happy.ClapEnd of the day fish are filleted for those that request it. Star
when that shark bites....!!!
Page  <12345 13>