Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 89101112 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Herosreturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 6:56am
Herosreturn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sir I am coming over to New Zealand for 4 weeks (with the wife!) for the whole of November. I fish a lot in the UK so would love to find some great skippers (they do all the work - I know) from the north to south island. I joined up because I don't want the normal tourist skips, I'm looking for the guys who fish. Can you make some recommendations (won't hold you to it!). I'm a little bit hampered unfortunately hence only boat fishing (broken ankle).  Any info appreciated. Anyone want to meet for a trip, I'm in. 

Joe
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote duncb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 6:35am
duncb View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Epic Charters Whitianga. Can't speak highly enough about Tom on the Mad Max. Just had a mind blowing trip. 10 kingfish to 28 kg. 4 of them on stickbaits.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Herosreturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 8:34am
Herosreturn View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for this. Been in contact with Rachel from Diversity, great lady, really helped me. Unfortunately no dates available when I can go with them but next time I'm here will make it a point to get booked.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Teezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:58am
Teezer View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Any recommendations for Christchurch based charters - either Chch, Akaroa or Motunau?  Need to get a bunch from work out and fishing, but my Google-fu is weak so need some pointers.

Cheers in advance!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2015 at 12:07pm
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

HI Guy's, I have my young nephew up from Chch on Nov 28th, and he's a mad keen fisho so I'd like to take him out on a charter, ideally out from Gulfharbour or further north. There will be 4 of us all up. Most of the usual charters mentioned on here are booked up so wondering if anyone knows of any, less well known, operators I could try? Cost is not a major factor.
Cheers 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote podpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 7:51am
podpaul View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looking for a family friendly charter around the coro area mid jan. Any ideas? Cheers in advance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 9:39am
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by podpaul podpaul wrote:

Looking for a family friendly charter around the coro area mid jan. Any ideas? Cheers in advance

Epic is a great option in Coro but you might need to be quick with booking.
Or if you can go out of Auckland give Capt Kev Fish n dips a go he often fishes the Auckland side of Coro.
Pete
Tight lines
PE Pete
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote podpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 10:37am
podpaul View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for that Pete will get onto it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cpt.Pugwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 10:48am
Cpt.Pugwash View Drop Down

Epic boys in Whitianga ( Owen, Tomas & Hayden )  are my pick. They travel the distance's needed (leaving the wharf punctually nice and early) giving their clients a super days fishing. 
Friendly, energetic and professional charter operators with good boats and gear.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 10:41am
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

been out again with Cook straight fishing charters here in welly. hard days fishing and got up rough when we were out at the trench but still pulled a good amount of Blue Cod, bluenose and terakihi not to mention the masses of unpopular and undersize fish which at times seemed a shame to let them go as the birds were getting a great free meal. quite an experience watching a shag scoff a 30cm bluecod and an albatross eat the head of a sharked bluenose in one go.
really reccomend these guys as they go the extra mile and even stayed out later as the fishing was so hard
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dukeas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 5:09pm
Dukeas View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi podpaul
If you still looking for a charter in coro?
Highly recommend coro cowboys. Top operation, very friendly, efficient, just hope they free for a booking
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote podpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 5:15pm
podpaul View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks mate will check them out too, off up there on sunday
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dukeas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 5:31pm
Dukeas View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Coro cowboys phone is 027 344 7833.
all the best.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote formtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 1:27pm
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone have a list of charter operators in Auckland which take single people in groups out. Reasonably price around the $120 mark. If you could add price would be good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote duncb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 2:44pm
duncb View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

It's not the quickest or flashes boat but Verona Charters in Whangaparaoa always catches fish and is only $80 per person and Phenoix Charters in Gulf Harbour is awesome.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 10:03am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by formtool formtool wrote:

Anyone have a list of charter operators in Auckland which take single people in groups out. Reasonably price around the $120 mark. If you could add price would be good.

We recently took over the 2XS charters operation. 2XS is an extremely nice boat and at the top end of the fishing charter fleet for comfort. As part of the busines we also took over the 2XS IFish club. Club members are those who want to get out as individual or small groups. You can join the club if wished by emailing me on [email protected]. Membership is free, and members get a discount on the normal boat rates. Currently it is $120 per day including rod hire and bait. It is going to go up to around $130 now that I have analysed the way this is working, but for now it is still $120. We set up club days and then do emails to the members as well as putting them up on our Facebook page. First 12 responders go fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote podpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 6:45pm
podpaul View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Best casual charter whangamata guys? Thanks inadvance
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dukeas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 8:15pm
Dukeas View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Lady Rose I recommend, not been on myself, but always see happy customers getting off.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote podpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 8:15pm
podpaul View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Sweet ,cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Manly Yaka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:18am
Big Manly Yaka View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well its something we keep reading on here again and again, but we had a great day out with Damo on Diversity on Sunday. Both Damo and Cory are great operators getting us onto the fish all day, but also really good with the young fellas on board, making sure they had the time of their lives as well. My nephew Lachlan below with a snap he's pretty happy with (not his biggest for the the day though!) and then the thrill of the day when Damo got him hooked up on a  Skippy. Was the fight of the little fella's life, check out the straining in the neck!
Thanks again guys, great day out!

Page  <1 89101112 13>