Charter operators~~the GOOD ones

Page  <1 7891011 13>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote tmmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:07pm
tmmo View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I high recommend wavedancer, go out with them and a few mates 3 or 4 times a year, and always have a great time.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:27pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Erik - we can do something for you on the 11th. Could be a private charter or part of a larger group depending on what you are looking for. PM me here if you want more information.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote formtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 1:44pm
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone done the charter on Dreamboats? Looks like 6 on the back and 6 on the front fishing. would you catch any fish from the front, or better to be on the back?. Looks like a good price and option at the moment but feel it could be quite crowded. Any feelings on this charter?
Thanks Rod
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 2:27pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

formtool - that's one of my boats so I can answer the question directly re the layout. We fish 8 across the back and 4 up front. Boat is 4.5m wide so lots of space. Can fish a few more if it is a single party charter, but we limit it to 12 for open charters. I think we have had 16 anglers on one of the forum trips and that is maxed out for usable space. If there is any significant advantage happening with front vs back fishing spots we get the anglers to do a bit of rotating to even it out. Reality is though that 90% of the time the catch rates are pretty much the same so it isn't an issue. On our last f.net forum trip I seem to remember that the per head catch rate might have been better at the front than the rear. A bunch of guys from here have been out with us on the boat so hopefully some of them might comment for you. 
Other than the price, the nice thing about this boat is that it is really comfortable compared to many other boats in the same price range. You could bring the wife/girlfriend/kids as cheap 'Piggy Backs' and they will enjoy the cruise as a bit of fun even if they don't fish. Having a proper lounge to sit in, big BBQ, full kitchen available etc means that the boat is very 'friendly' to be on and no being stuck out in the cold for the trip home at the end of the night. 
Got a couple of spaces free tomorrow night if anyone wants to get out - $55 per angler and $10 for your rod sharing or non-fishing guest. Great for a couple or parent/child combo. Rod hire and bait available onboard if required as long as we know in advance.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote formtool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 2:45pm
formtool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Tagit,
Thanks for that reply. I guess the best thing is to just go and find out. Have been on a similar boat on the Tauranga harbour for a weekend. Good fun but found the back not much room to fish a few of us on that boat. Yours looks abit bigger. just spoke to powers that be and if there is a spot free tomorrow night put me down please. Please where to meet and what to bring. Have own gear.
Found this boat in Dubai which would fit your company i think. 3 bedrooms up stairs and full walk around deck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 3:16pm
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

If the Tauranga boat was similar, it will possibly be the 10m one rather than the 13m ones we have. Quite a substantial size difference in beam as well as length. With 12 anglers we have as much space per angler as most of the other boats doing snapper charters so hopefully you will find it is fine. We depart Z Pier at 5:30pm, so if you can get down by 5:15 or so would be good. Z pier is where the boat ramp is. Just drive down and park in one of our 4 blue carparks at the left hand (western) end of the building. Should be a free one available by that time. Pop into the first office on that end of the building and Dreamboats is the upstairs part (Motor Yacht Centre is downstairs). If for any reason I am not there, just carry on walking down to the marina and you will see the houseboat with classic art painted on it right in front of you. Skippers name is Jeff.
We will have the BBQ fired up, so bring some snarlers etc if you would like to cook something. Bait is BYO, or we can supply at $10 per kg for freeflow pillies. There is free tea and coffee on board. Welcome to bring a couple of cold drinks if you wish. Hopefully see you tomorrow. Any problems just call me (Dave) on 021669150
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dagwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 3:33pm
Dagwood View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I was on Tagit's last forum trip and fished from the bow area. I think at one stage we had 5 or 6 which was "cosy" but 4 was absolutely fine. Some photos are here: http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/christmas-gathering-jan-9-after-work-book-now_topic96602_page5.html
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stuck Here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2014 at 3:56pm
Stuck Here View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

We will have the BBQ fired up, so bring some snarlers etc if you would like to cook something.

Did you fill the gas bottle???? LOLLOLLOL

Was on the last one, great night. 

Family Law Court = SNAFU!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thomps6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 8:21pm
thomps6666 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi guys.
Big thumbs up for Steve spencer (blue asparagus on this forum) fishing out of whanagora harbour.
Me and the missus were lucky enough to have a day out with Steve and his lad in February and thoroughly enjoyed it, can't recommend these guys enough.
Fishing was great, the boat, rapid, your into your fishing fast! And the banter is great too.. Mostly Steve ;)
So if you're looking for a good option up there in the north with some lads of character and knowledge give Steve a shout.
Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tigurello 90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 5:18pm
tigurello 90 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Chris Jones Tera charters out of whangamata do a good over night trip depending on time of year to the target species of course but really know his stuff charges 1200 and takes to 9 people costs even out to be real cheap pp can chase harpuka and bluenose kingfish fish the night for snapper fill up the large live bait tank and also one of the best operators for targeting pink maomao and trawl the way over to mayor for marlin and what ever tunas can be found skippies and albacore 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kiwifred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 1:10pm
kiwifred View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Dutchy_fisher Dutchy_fisher wrote:

Originally posted by mig fish crew mig fish crew wrote:

Anyone know of a good charter in Wellington?
Cheeeers

had our work do on a day trip charter. best charter i have ever been on!
extremely good skipper that was having a good time (jono)
super clean boat
good gear
helpful and happy staff

10 out of 10 from me!

Just been out recently with Jono and Jay. as mentioned above
Great Crew
Great Boat
Great gear
and we were done and dusted by 10:30 am (7am left the dock)after an epic 90 mins of non stop fish action with masses of Hoki and Bluenose to 21kg. stopped when the Bluenose gave up the bite but Hoki were still coming onboard in doubles . spent the rest of the day looking for groper and other species. Ended up with approx 15kg of fillets each. Bluenose, Hoki, Rays bream, and some other lesser species

would go out in a flash with these guys. 10/10
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Maytaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 10:44pm
Maytaj View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Just re edited this one - tried to be balanced here...
Have done pretty well on a certain charter operator based at Hicks Bay.
Not sure if he is still going.
Has great local knowledge of Ranfurly and have done real good on groper, trumpeter and kingi's.
Pretty hospitable too.
Only downsides are that he can be prone to rubbing your nose "in it" for being of pakeha persuasion and could pitch in a bit more with sorting out the catch back on terra firmer.
All in all a pretty good day out though - have done it twice.

daily deals, online shopping sites, hot deals, best deals

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZ Critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 1:10pm
NZ Critter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anyone tried Ocean Beach Charters in Whangamata? Thinking of doing a kingi jigging day this Friday. Wanted to know if anyone has been out with them   ?
"AOTEALURES" Hand Crafted In NZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chillwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 1:23pm
chillwave View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went out on blue ocean charters last friday, out of the mount

http://www.blueocean.co.nz/

not too bad a day. out of a dozen or so guys and girls i think maybe 3 got quota, and 3 got donuts (including me :/)

deck hand was friendly and helpful. skipper was okay. he gave some good advice on the rig i was using. but then he firmly discouraged me from ikiing my mates tarakihi, which was confusing, as he didnt explain what the advantage of not ikiing the fish was. shrug

anyway not a bad day out. 6.8 / 10
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 4:48pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Have anyone tried "Outer Limits" based at masterton/wairarapa.?
Thinking about a puka/trumpeter trip.. ! Looks like they target them mainly.?.
"My mind has gone fishing, ask all questions tomorrow"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cold-smoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2014 at 9:57am
Cold-smoke View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi does anyone know how I can get hold of John Tiffin at Blue Water Charters?

Thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nick.g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2015 at 4:55pm
nick.g View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi Guys

Can anyone recommend a charter operator out of Hawkes Bay that could accommodate a party of 15 for a days fishing?

The phone book isn't returning much, most seem to be limited to 6 people. We're hoping to head out on the 21st of March.

Cheers
Nick.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nickfixit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 5:15pm
Nickfixit View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Does anyone know any charter boats that can take 18-20 people? 
Preferably leaving gulf harbour or sandspit area to fish those areas and deeper gulf

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jackel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 5:24pm
jackel View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PE Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 5:37pm
PE Pete View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Nickfixit Nickfixit wrote:

Does anyone know any charter boats that can take 18-20 people? 
Preferably leaving gulf harbour or sandspit area to fish those areas and deeper gulf

That's a big number for a charter you may want to consider a couple of boats.
Tight lines
PE Pete
Page  <1 7891011 13>