How to transfer the ownership of a boat?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to transfer the ownership of a boat?
    Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:50am
YKC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The boat has no number plate like car, right?

Does that mean you transfer the ownership of the trailer only?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 8:57am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CEEBEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 1:39pm
CEEBEE View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep
I STARTED THE DAY WITH NO FISH AND I STILL HAVE PLENTY LEFT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jemry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 2:17pm
Jemry View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

The VHF call sign, if it has one normally remains with the boat, (but not always) discuss with old owner and update owner details, or reregister with Coastguard as well.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Busted! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 5:11pm
Busted! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Epirb if registered and remaining with boat will need to be changed too.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 9:19pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

can always record motor serial number and any serial tag on boat as proof of change also but is not offical
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wanda_Ra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 10:59pm
Wanda_Ra View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The only thing that can be transferred is the numberplate rego on the trailer,however, if you have a trailer light bar like mine and want to keep it,that stuffs that option.
I just write out -

Ownership of boat _ _ _ _ _ _  transferred to _ _ _ _ _  on  Date x / xx /xxxx
for $xxxx.xx ( Amount paid in Full)

Signed  _________________

new owner signed _________________________

and we each get a copy.Can never know what might transpire later on.Any epirbs registered and remaining with the boat will have to have details changed and vhf callsigns if going with boat as well.
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steve63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:22pm
Steve63 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

• Always seek proof of ownership via original invoices. A good service history and receipts indicate a good ownership trail. If buying from a dealer, is it a brokerage boat or one of their own craft? If it is their own boat you will have protection under the Sale of Goods Act.
  • Establish that no finance company has a charge or ownership right over the vessel
  • Write up a sale and purchase agreement and get the seller to sign recipit of funds