reading water

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reading water
    Posted: 25 Feb 2010 at 9:21pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

please can someone out their tell me how to read the water?
THANX,
Jamie
Feal The Fear And Do It Anyway
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 7:00am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hi Jamie, my first customer! When you talk about reading the water give me a few examples ... as in fresh or salt, land based, gamefishing etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2010 at 5:22pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

oh um salt water land based, i havent the faintest clue on how to read the water

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 11:16am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

With a surf beach it is relatively easy to spot where the holes are, they will be calmer patches in amongst the waves. A rip usually runs along the beach and will also look like a  track of calmer water. It is easier to see from somewhere high.. you ideally want to find a hole within casting distance from the shore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JAKE D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 11:53am
JAKE D View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

also as a general rule if a patch of water is darker/more blue than the rest it indicates deeper water...dont get confused with shadows from the clouds tho!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MupeT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2010 at 12:59pm
MupeT View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

is that how easy it is wow thanx