!)) TO ONE MERTS MAKES IT

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote luxor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !)) TO ONE MERTS MAKES IT
    Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 10:29pm
luxor View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

GO MERTS you DESERVE another go, i think your BRILLANT
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 11:15pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Won the game for the probs in my opinion. He came on cause Carlos was shet and turned that backline into an attacking weapon, what I did notice was how Carter cut the possi's backline up once he partnered up with Merts.

The tide swung when Jonno came off crook, no offence to Xavier but he didnt get the boy's home.

Marshall was mud as well and our hookers cant throw a tantrim let alone a ball into a line out, very disapointing in that department.

Man of the match in my opinion- Nick Evans. That Fijian joker, not Joe the other winger was mean as well.

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2004 at 11:57pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

He definitely sets up a lot of tries when he is on form.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 6:28am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if getting 2 tries aint setting your team up what is squid???, the fact that there was only 2 points difference indicates that the all blacks need help if they wanna beat england
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 7:20am
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Here here Tobes. Merts is in and that Toffee Pop eating Jaffa is toast. What do you say Barrie.
President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 8:21am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah, we need somebody on the field who is concentrating more on the game than on what his hair looks like!

Yay for Merts!
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote groper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 10:28am
groper View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

3 CHEERS for BIG MERTS and jono gibbs
I LIKE TURTLES ...........
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 10:46am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Carlos certainly played a blinder... well, a blinder player I have not seen. He will be on shaky ground now. Fingernails for dinner for that fella. He is a perfectly acceptable 2nd choice though.

See you all at the show,

Stu.

It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 12:20pm
Barrell View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hows That Boys.....4 Waikato lads in the Team,look out MOFO'S

Barrell

Give a man a fish,& he will eat for a day.Teach him how to fish,& he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 12:27pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quote: Originally posted by tobes on 02 June 2004

"if getting 2 tries aint setting your team up what is squid???"

HEHEHE, take it easy partner. Yepp he played jolly well but he as stand in captain let their intensity slide. He made the 26 tho and good on him. I must credit the front row for his second try tho, they were the ones who got him over the line!!!!

I take it you are a Xavier fan Bahuhuhu???

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 12:35pm
shimma View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Congrats.Andrew Merhtens and Jono Gibbs,well done,i knew you both had it in ya, go go go!!! Roll on the Poms,oH YEAH!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 2:03pm
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

C'mon guys, were any of you actually watching the game?

Carlos was toasted by the halfback with the worst pass in NZ!!!!

And when Marshall FINALLY actually got around to picking the ball up, taking two steps and then passing it, the possibles backline was actually standing beside Spencer, he had no time at all. Bring on Kelliher!!!

Yea, Merhtens had a great game, but by that time the opposition pack had been immasculated by subbing off Meuws and Hayman and the probables actually had some go forward.

ducking.........

SaltyC

Kerren, forum beanie was just the thing to keep the head warm watching the game!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 2:06pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

They will drop Merts by the end of the season, useless has been

I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 4:49pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree with SaltyC
Probs played badly until Jono went off. They then started to get better ball and started to play better.
The way Marshall was passing to Carlos (above, behind and miles in front of him) I rank Carlos as haveing a good game. Notice how he (Marshall) started to give better passes when his forwards were going forward?
Wonder if Carlos would have had the cheer that Merts got in Auck if the trial was played in Chch?
Dont think so
Also pleased that the best number 8 we have at the moment was selected
Jono played with real heart
Im pleased with the team selected
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 4:53pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

IMO, Marshall screws around too much when it comes to clearing the ball...
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Martini Max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 5:08pm
Martini Max View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Barrie and Salty C... right on the mark I reckon. Cheers.
BTW, if ya see Aspers Man at the Boatshow, can ya tell him to call me on my mobile? Heading for Raro on Sunday.Cheers Guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Redfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2004 at 7:34pm
Redfinger View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

No 8 and the tight 5 big question mark!

Depressing how our best 16 forwards cannot do lineouts - how hard is it?

Carlos or marshall cannot play rugby when the tight 5 was as ****e as that.

Do not need to say anything about canty crowds - no they would never give carlos a cheer in a million years - remember that super12 game this year - Carlos was the king and boy they hated him for it.

Carlos not perfect and plays the type of game that when he stuffs up it is usually spctacular - on the plus side no other 5/8 can set that backline alight as only he can - subject to tight 5 pulling finger.

Why was Mehrtens not played in crusaders? What is REALLY going on down there between him and coach?

Jonno Gibbs, Tuitupou , Evans all deserved their call up - good on them.

Tough luck for Reuben Thorne - nice bloke and has not played badly.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote luxor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2004 at 8:58pm
luxor View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good comments guys, but my topic sould have read $ioo to one merts made the team,would have taken that bet if tab had bets on it, would have made heaps out of it,so will go and bury my head in the sand,im wrapped merts made it,he deserves another go. pete.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 6:36am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Pete
I agree
but it must be his last chance
Great option now with 2 totally different styles
will be interesting to see the different style that Henry will have them playing
Hopefully a more forward dominated style and then through the backs when the oponents are stuffed.
The open style looked great but the loosies were able to do too much damage out wide when they hadnt been working in close
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2004 at 7:20am
Naki View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Come on guys. Look at what happened when Merts came on. Carter started to shine and found gaps. Marshall is the BEST 1/2  back and a decent loosed forward to boot. If Marshall is 1/2 back then Merts has to play. In saying that tho the Toffee Pop Queen will start, but then Merts will come on and win the game

Spencer is just to erratic. We need a solid 1st five, one who can control the game, not one who the other backs don't know what he is going to do. With solid inside backs, this creates openings further out.

Go Canturbury. 

President of the "Pontoon Owners Club".
I started off with nothing and now I still have most of it left!!!
Page  12>