First hunt

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First hunt
    Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 11:50am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heading out on Saturday (weather permitting of course) on my first huntBig smile

We're planning on going to Waiheke for our scallops (Mate has a spot on the Northern side and then the Noises for a couple of crays. 

Anyone else dived in the general area for a feed lately? How'd you get on?
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steve63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 9:51pm
Steve63 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

If you are going to the noises you may as well collect your scallops there as well. Its a fairly heavily dived bed but you just need to find a spot that has not already been worked over. 

Depending on wind direction you may wish to consider Waiheke for crays as well. Look on your sounder for the right conditions anywhere east of Onetangi
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 8:53am
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Cheers Steve. My buddy has a couple of good spots he reckons. The scallop bed he goes to at Waiheke is one of the most productive beds he has dived.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Whizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 1:51pm
Whizz View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yup there are some goodies down that way for sure...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SQUIRT1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 3:09pm
SQUIRT1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Yeah mate dived Noises last week got plenty of scollys, Had a hunt around for bugs,didnt even see 1..some not bad looking country tho...Let us know how ya do mate..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 5:00pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Outboard being serviced today and they called to tell me they've found water where it shouldn't be. They're not sure if it's got into the actual gearbox because they can't get into it because a couple of bolts have seized. They think it may just be the top seal which needs replacing.

Story of my life!Angry

Fingers crossed I get her back before the weekend or there will be tearsCry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 6:09pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if its out of order bro we can take my tub but you have to tow. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JAKE D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 6:22pm
JAKE D View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

bugs round the noises (and most of the inner gulf) are small and hard to reach. a torch and a long arm are a must