Whangarei Harbour report.

Page  <1 104105106107108 129>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bob 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 10:43am
Bob 7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thanks andrew. Early bird blah blah blah... lot of boats around me but they kept moving so was a quiet day for them, I just kept slowing drifting and got a good feed. hope to get out next weekend if the weather permit again
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 7:49pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MightyBoosh MightyBoosh wrote:

Probably because my lazy boatie mates can’t make it to the boat ramp before 10am 😀

Gentlemans hours aye Mighty?!

Also guys, completely wrong depth to target the big snapper Wink The big snapper are lining up in the 3-5m mark and aren't spearo friendly... (too many around, one bolts they all bolt) 

Also had a school of 30-35kg kingfish with one big stonker I reckon pushing the 40kg club off Guano which was a terribly smart fish and decided to take the fight to the commerical cray pot in 26m of water and managed to break the 300lb mono line on the edges of the cray pot ... Censored.... there goes $100 shaft LOLLOL Was a fun few minutes getting towed around though! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 11:44am
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah JAS we did some shallows fishing firday night Saturday to try and find some winners- always hard with a line in Tiger county so got smashed off... Gto a feed of kelpies though so that was good.

Good feeds out in the depths so if that is what you are after.

Unlucky on the Kingie - they play dirty very well!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote unhinged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm
unhinged View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Well done indeed, got nothing on last trip out, using softies or jigs Bob? Unfortunately missed the good weather was in Auckland for the rugby, give me a txt if you are heading out this weekend
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bob 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 11:47am
Bob 7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hope to get out on saturday morning for an early start. will try the mad mile and bream head as 1st option and see what happens. Just chasing a feed and not trophy fish. hope to see a few jetskis out there.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jason001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 8:32pm
Jason001 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hello, everyoneTongueTongueTongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2018 at 9:44pm
MB View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bob 7 Bob 7 wrote:

Hope to get out on saturday morning for an early start. will try the mad mile and bream head as 1st option and see what happens. Just chasing a feed and not trophy fish. hope to see a few jetskis out there.

How do you fish the mad mile Bob?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote unhinged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 9:43am
unhinged View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

How was it Bob, this Saturday is looking good, thinking about out the back of 3 mile? Are the fish deep?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bob 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 3:15pm
Bob 7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

unfortunately I did not make it out,aiming for this weekend. depending on conditions I will aim for the mad mile to start with

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 1Daz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 1:08pm
1Daz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

When you guys say the mad mile is it just along the cliffs there?
Go the Warriors!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bob 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 4:21pm
Bob 7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

from the frenchman along to the old woman. either in close or out a bit deeper depending on what the sounder shows

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 5:49pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Enjoying reading all the reports and banter me and the family are moving to Whakapara soon so hopefully will be contributing to this thread,
Its been a long time since I have fished the east coast after years fishing the Kaipara so will probably take a few trips to find a good spot or two if you see a 5mtr Stabi wandering around aimlessly in a frw weeks its probably me .
Please bear with me if I start asking stupid questions.cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 12:09pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heading down Bream Bay 2mro might give Langs, McGregors and the Hen a sniff, but will check out uretiti and waipu fauls first.

Anyone been out any intel?
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Bob 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2018 at 3:49pm
Bob 7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

went out this morning, blowing a bloody gale. drifting way too quick but managed to pick up a few. home early before got too bad.
 got these on the 40mt mark along the mad mile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:18pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Going for a look in the morning

Any intel of bream bay area anyone been out?

Might even see if the Chicks have come out of hibernation...Wink
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big Weta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:32pm
Big Weta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Made it to the chicks mid week. Got a few snapper up to approx 7kg, a handful of tarakihi and a couple of puka pups. Not huge numbers of fish but reasonable size. Have also have a mate setting a kontiki off the Waipu campground several times in the last couple of weeks, results being 5-8 fish on a set of 25 hooks, also reasonable size. Doesn't seem any reason to go hungry out there if the weather plays ball.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Bob 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 2:30pm
Bob 7 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

late start for me today but an early finish with a good feed. Mad mile area and a kabura did the damage.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:18am
Ecko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

From the Frenchman through to the old woman? I know the Frenchman... where's the old woman? Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:13am
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Ecko Ecko wrote:

From the Frenchman through to the old woman? I know the Frenchman... where's the old woman? Embarrassed
The 'ole woman is the point at the very entrance of Whangarei harbour. The photo may not show it very well, but directly below the G in whangarei you will see what appears to be a woman sitting in a chair looking back inland.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 7:41pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hard day on the water for us yesterday, was a small tide and bite time, we worked the Waipu river reef close to the high, water temp not changed in a month 17 deg, as in, SW'ers. Anchored and berleyed as well over the tide, worked hard softeeing and dragging kaburas and straylined baits, 8 snaps and a gurnard.

Purse Seiner seen at McGregors rock, coming in to off load Whg Hbr, boo!Cry
Page  <1 104105106107108 129>