Top Tip!

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Photofisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2010 at 5:53pm
Photofisha View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"Fish Ur Feet first"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jigger1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 2:36pm
jigger1 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Have different baits on you, if 1 does not work try another. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2010 at 1:58pm
JW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

learn to tie a Uni and Snell knot. I suppose that's two thingsErmm.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Plastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:51am
Mr Plastic View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

there is nothing that will teach you more than time on the water. all the rest you can find on this site!.

Synit Prototype bender
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smellyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:15am
smellyfingers View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fish with rod in hand, too many fish are lost lazy fishingCry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ILEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 10:57am
ILEX View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

respect for the ocean -i went for a walk out to Marsden cross (B.O.I) on the weekend only to find over a dozen tag ends strewn over the rocks i even found brand new sinkers chucked around -who are the guys who do this sh*t do they call themselves fishermen? you are entering the fishes domain so it is important to look after it the best you can and also you don't have to kill everything in the ocean respect the sharks and eels you catch try to release them as best you can

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 10:14am
Speedy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Watch and Learn... Go fishing with a range of people and watch what they do, how they do it, and ask them why they do it.. Fishing is so much more enjoyable if you can catch a few fish...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbon Caster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 2:21pm
Carbon Caster View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fish with your brain.  Some refer to this as "thinking like a fish" but I don't think fish are great thinkers, what they are are superb evolutionary masters of their domain.  What I think this really means is that all successful fisho are scientists- they hypothesise, they experiment, and they try to analyse why something is working and why something didn't. They try to work out why they catch fish one day and why they didn't the next day, week or month.  They look at things like location, time of year, terminal tackle, bait, wind, tide, moon, barometer, technique, etc, and what parts of these contribute to catching rather than fishing.  Some call this "cracking the code" and the truth is that you really never stop cracking the code. 

To sum up -remember it is foolish to slavishly repeat the same things over and over again and expect different results.  If you want to improve the results, improve what your doing.
Sabiki says No
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 8:36pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

do your homework-read nz fishing news (not trying to grease either grant Tongue) this website, read about the techniques and gear etc then get out there and have a crack!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dunwurkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 11:48am
Dunwurkn View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

"Never leave fish to find fish" May be more relevant to game fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Southern Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 10:42pm
Southern Kiwi View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by JamesHB JamesHB wrote:

Treat your boat how youd treat your mrs
Why on earth would I do that.... I like my boat

Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hook'em Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2011 at 3:31pm
Hook'em View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

If you're the skipper then put more effort into putting your mates on the fish rather than catching them yourself. 

Run a tidy ship

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vundu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2011 at 8:07am
Vundu View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Southern Kiwi Southern Kiwi wrote:

Just say: I like my mrs but love my boat

Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SpidersWeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 2:46pm
SpidersWeb View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

For landbased - If you've got a big burley out, don't forget to fish your feet.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 11:43am
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Never tell your Mrs how much your tackle costs!
Why?....=....... How much?ClownShockedAngryOuchDeadCryUnhappyPinchCensoredWackoQuestionSick

Motto=Ignorance is bliss for male fishosLOLThumbs Up
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Structfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 3:03pm
Structfab View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

you'll never catch a fish on the internet Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bruce41092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 4:25pm
Bruce41092 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

before you go fishing tell somebody where you are going
 When you have finished fishing do not put the hook you have been useing back in the container with your new hooks, it will have salt on it and will not be as sharp as it should be. Take it home and get rid of it

Follow me ,you lead the way!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tga fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 9:03am
tga fisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Good tip there Bruce - I tend to unclip any terminal tackle I've used and put  in a bucket and never back in with clean gear. Give it a good soak in fresh water at home and sit on paper towel in sunny spot to dry before putting back where it should be Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 12:54am
NZfrnd View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by Southern Kiwi Southern Kiwi wrote:

Wink

hahahahaha...i have very similar thoughts!!! lolol
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 9:56pm
Woody View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Check, Double check and check your re-check..

With the boat before you go. Heard stories of people having disasters at the ramp, and have left the burley pot behind, and net one time when I needed it that day.

With your knots, have lost a few fish when first starting out because my knot wasn't tied and tested properly.

Page  <1234>