David Theobald crashes ird

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote doncod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Theobald crashes ird
    Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 7:23am
doncod View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

IRD drove me to this

By STACEY WOOD - The Dominion Post
Last updated 05:00 19/08/2009
TAXBREAK: David Theobald said he was prepared to accept the consequences after driving his car into an IRD building.
theaxemen.wordpress.com
TAXBREAK: David Theobald said he was prepared to accept the consequences after driving his car into an IRD building.

A taxman driven around the bend by continuing work woes drove his car through the building where he had worked for 25 years.

David Jerrold Theobald, 47, drove his Mazda 626 through the foyer of the Christchurch Inland Revenue building on Cashel St at 6.30am on Saturday after a three-year employment dispute.

He crashed through two sets of glass doors and smashed a third on the other side of the foyer before coming to a stop.

Mr Theobald said he had gone to great lengths to avoid risk to any staff.

"I checked with the cleaners the night before to make sure no-one would be in the building. I drove right up to the doors, looked both ways, then slowly pushed forward till the doors broke."

Mr Theobald said he was fed up with what he saw as concealment of workplace bullying and incompetent management at Inland Revenue.

"This has been going on for three years, and now I've got four official information requests in with them and they're making that as onerous as possible ... This was just a way to make a gesture."

He also wanted to highlight how easy it would be for someone with terrorist intentions to ramraid the building with a truck full of explosives. "It's just another 9/11 waiting to happen."

Mr Theobald is a fixture of the Christchurch music scene. He is known as Mick Elborado when he plays with his band The Axemen and in other groups.

He appeared in Christchurch District Court yesterday charged with intentional damage and reckless driving and was remanded on bail till August 31.

He told The Dominion Post he had not decided how he would plead, but was prepared to accept the consequences of his actions.

Inland Revenue would not comment on the incident as it was before the court, but Mr Theobald has received a letter from human resources head Patrick Crawford.

In it, Mr Crawford said: "Information has come to my attention which indicates that you may have intentionally driven a car through Inland Revenue's Christchurch building ... I am concerned that your conduct may be inconsistent with the Code of Conduct."

Mr Theobald could face up to seven years in prison if found guilty of criminal damage.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 7:52am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

BWHAHAHAHAHAAHA What was the chances of two of them LOL
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote obald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 8:22am
obald View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

My alter ego's actions seem entirely reasonable if has to deal with people who speak like this on a daily basis:

"Information has come to my attention which indicates that you may have intentionally driven a car through Inland Revenue's Christchurch building ... I am concerned that your conduct may be inconsistent with the Code of Conduct."

Not sure about the Mick Eldorado bit though

Random musings on all sorts of things http://obaldnz.blogspot.com/

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tagit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 8:32am
Tagit View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The beard was a clever disquise though Obie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:14am
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

The beard was a clever disquise though Obie

Yes very clever - however, how did you get the Jaguar to look like that ?
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 9:21am
Moggy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hummm was there a Mazda in that car line up of yours???

Now if they had said your band was the Marlin Axeman ha!LOL

Obie and the Marlin Axeman... got a ring to it, Boulder playing 2nd fiddle???

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it!
FISH FIGHT The Peoples Protest
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Espresso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 10:34am
Espresso View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Clap  well done that man.

Will the real slim shady please stand up Smile

Yeah and doesn't the statement by Mr Crawford epitomize the utter b.s. world he must live in.

Reckon David Theobald should now sue IRD, claim ACC, get over $1000 per week on benefits..

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 10:35am
kens View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by obald obald wrote:

My alter ego's actions seem entirely reasonable if has to deal with people who speak like this on a daily basis:

"Information has come to my attention which indicates that you may have intentionally driven a car through Inland Revenue's Christchurch building ... I am concerned that your conduct may be inconsistent with the Code of Conduct."

"I am concerned that your conduct may be inconsistent with the Code of Conduct." ya think? LOL
The past, the present and the future walked into a bar.

It was tense.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Busted! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 1:53pm
Busted! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Wouldn't surprise me if the careful manner in which he did the deed and the way he ensured no others were likely to be injured during his gesture are actually found to be covered in the code of conduct.

What a crock, the man should get hung, drawn and quartered. 

Drawn by the finest artists, hung in the best galleries and quartered in the top hotels!

One day the boffins at IRD might actually realise how stressful their PC-ness is to us mortals.  Then again maybe not...