Bonito Hydrolift MKIII

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bonito Hydrolift MKIII
    Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 4:16pm
Jackson View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Gidday guys,  have been mooching around these forums for a while but this is my first post.   I wonder if any of you have experience with the 16ft Bonito Hydrolift MKIII.  I am considering purchasing one as my next boat.  My main concern with it at this point is that there doesn't seem to be much cockpit space.

Anyone out there own one?  Can you fish 4 people out of it?  Would you recommend it?

My other option is one of the 5 - 6m tinnys (ramco fishmaster, fyran 540 etc), which would obviously have more cockpit space, but probably not the same ride.  I have owned a fyran 440 in the past, amongst yachts and dinghys etc.

Any comments would be appreciated.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 7:34pm
Vissie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I have just traded my 16ft Bonito Hydrolift MKIII on a much larger boat, still at the dealer where I have traded it with a one year old merc, handles well in rough water, sit well in the water, in overall it is a very good boat, but it does not have much space, I have removed most of the stuff in the boat for space, but that is why I have traded up to a larger boat. I have fished four people but would not recommend it, three people is ideal.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 8:17pm
Jackson View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Cheers Vissie.  I think I may be looking at your old boat by the sounds of it actually.  From what I've seen it looks to be in nice condition.  Will have a look and decide if it has the space I need. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2009 at 11:39pm
Vissie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

no worry. good luck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Huggybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 3:50pm
Huggybear View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Great boats. Can't go wrong, especially with such a fresh outboard. Would eat any tinny similar size or bigger in a sea.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Legend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2009 at 6:38pm
Blue Legend View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Vissie Vissie wrote:

handles well in rough water,

Really,Confused I felt mine shortened my spinal cord every time it roughed up, not a lot of room either, try and get a bigger boat if the budget allows
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 12:42pm
kens View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Ive got one presently, I would say that 4 would be a big push to fish out of, good for three. Other than that great boat, a little tender at rest I would say, but that is made up for by sea handling.

Vissie, is that your old boat on Gt Sth rd there at penrose? Forgot the name of the yard.
The past, the present and the future walked into a bar.

It was tense.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2009 at 9:36pm
Vissie View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

yep, trade it in for a new marco 570 striker. I wanted more space for fishing.