Rod building the good oil please

Page  <123
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Screaming Reels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 6:38am
Screaming Reels View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Marke after looking at your rod can you please tell me why the guides do not line up.
The Car Doctor Mangakino
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 8:41am
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The idea is to prevent the rod rolling over/twisting when under load, commonly referred as an Acid or Spiral wrapped rod.
Heres a good link to explain it a little better - http://www.acidrod.com/acidrods.html

Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote xsspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 6:50pm
xsspeed View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Apologies for the late dig up of this thread, but just wondering for someone starting out (I have a 7' rod that needs new guides to suit softbaiting) where to order guides etc from?

I have looke dove rthe sites listed on this thread, but can't seem to see if they ship internationally, or is it miles cheaper to purchase from somewhere local?

While I am playing around with the guides I was thinking of updating the reel seat and EVA grips while I am at.

Appreciate any help guys

Steve
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 1:46pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

PM "Men In Black" Steve, he'll sort you out Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:57pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

finished this a month or so ago - Acid wrapped Synit Venom 250 blank/Alps hardware.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Doubie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 2:11pm
Doubie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice Mark - nothing like the satisfaction of building something yourself if you have the skills to do it. Is that a Daiwa Saltist reel attached to it? (looks a little like my STT 20HThumbs Up)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Badfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 2:32pm
Badfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Saltigaaaaa very nice Mark, like the thread workThumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bigfishbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:07am
Bigfishbob View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by MarkE MarkE wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Thin the epoxy down - dont get any bubbles that way.

As the Rod is turning on the drying rack you can also blow on them with a hair dryer on warm setting. The heat also thins the epoxy and flows it better.
www.waikatosportfishing.co.nz
Page  <123