Rod building the good oil please

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rod building the good oil please
    Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 8:02pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Had a wee look through the topics list here and there are a few ditties but nothing specific.

I know there are a heap of people on here with the good oil and have built rods or are interested in exploring making their own creations.

Any tips tricks appreciated please.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ThomasW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 9:22pm
ThomasW View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I am also looking into building my own rod this winter.... Maybe there should be a rod building forum on this site to help concentrate the info into a single area ....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote of2fsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 9:29pm
of2fsh View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

You tube has videos with in depth step by step rod building instructions,think i saw the link to them in the bloody decks rod building section.All you need to know
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 9:42pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Heap of info here - www.mudhole.com Wink
Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2009 at 10:10pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Edick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 12:32am
Edick View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote davethefisho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2009 at 3:16pm
davethefisho View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

most comprehensive source I have found             http://rodbuilding.org/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote colhaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 11:08pm
colhaze View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I built a rod with a solid fiberglass blank and made the handle on a wood lath the most technical part is getting the rod guides in the right place to load the rod evenly, this rod has proved to be a favorite and I hardly get to use it. Total cost with reel seat and guides was about $30 and it has bought much joy, I recomend having a go.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Anglerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 9:45pm
Anglerman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Check out Dale P Clemens books on rod building. Definitive books and all you will ever need. Not cheap but will save you making dumb errors. Great rod wrapping book also.

Check out rod crafters guild. Lots of articles. Youtube is not that great to be honest. MAny videos skirt over basic stuff. 

Building a rod is often two to three times more costly than buying an equivalent. 

Having said that, it is rewarding. Main thing to resolve is a jig which can be a simple set of supports/ Loads of ideas on the web. 

If you want specific info  or detail just ask.

anglerman
There three types of people, those who watch things happen, those who let things happen and those who make things happen.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fastjig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 10:46am
fastjig View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Everyone is welcome Instore anytime for rod building info, we are happy  to share techniques and advise on building great rods.

We will also be starting rod building night classes in November. 

We have 4 places left , PM  me if you want in .
cheers Greg 
If there is doubt, there is no dobut.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:00am
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Moocha bro you should have taken up Deans offer we are putting the guides on this week
Its been pretty easy to date even for my fat fingersLOL 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 11:54am
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

its all easy untill the glueing bro
don don
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 9:26am
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Moocha bro you should have taken up Deans offer we are putting the guides on this week

Sounds the shizzle bro, I am keen but things up in the air at the moment this end and didn't want to waste the mans time with no shows till I know for sure what the haps are..Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dohboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 3:19pm
Dohboy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Moocha Moocha wrote:

Sounds the shizzle bro, I am keen but things up in the air at the moment this end and didn't want to waste the mans time with no shows till I know for sure what the haps are..Embarrassed

Just come along any way Thursday from 7.00pm
www.acewash.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 12:27pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yea Moocha come and laugh at me trying to put my guides on and watch Dohboy getting more and more frustrated at meEmbarrassedLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Finatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 1:39pm
Finatic View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Snake Charmer... I mean Moocha, are you going to make a custom with extra shiny guides to help attract those 'couttas?... I mean 'Sapphire snaps'?LOL
What's the cheapest type of meat? Dear balls. They're under a buck.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Karlosnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 1:41pm
Karlosnz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Finatic Finatic wrote:

Snake Charmer... I mean Moocha, are you going to make a custom with extra shiny guides to help attract those 'couttas?... I mean 'Sapphire snaps'?LOL

LOLLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 8:21pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by karlosnz karlosnz wrote:

Yea Moocha come and laugh at me trying to put my guides on and watch Dohboy getting more and more frustrated at meEmbarrassedLOL
 LOLLOL
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MarkE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 1:04pm
MarkE View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

My latest - CTS 250g Jig rod.

Next up - Synit Venom creation Wink

Sea Strike 18' Centre Console - Under Construction....Build Thread here
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote anarchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2009 at 7:12pm
anarchy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

nice work mark, that certainly looks the part mate - well done.
just need the weather to settle now to use it.
Page  123>