#4 Bushpig

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 4:41pm
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I think you are looseing the plot Tinkerbell. get some more air burly in ya

I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 4:44pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yup, the steam trains coming through

CHOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOO, Ahh thats better!

Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 5:18pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Pillie, if you haven't eben to swashies mate you haven't lived.

Its the real thing, not some "theme" bar that some marketing guru has gone out and bought all the stuff to make it look right.

The food's good, there's heaps of it and the prices are reasonable. The beer is cold and quite often the waitresses nice looking.

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 5:59pm
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Last time I went there Bender, there was something on the menu that caused a bit of a stir in the forums a while back.
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 6:05pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Ah the dreaded broadbill, no doubt.

Soooooooooooo nice with the lemon butter sauce.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 6:18pm
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How much for a big lump of that sh*t, does it come with some big chunky chips?
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 6:36pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

don't go there Squid......I might be able to steal some outta a mates freezer for ya if ya keen to munch hard....and it was recreationally caught!

Is it still on the menu Bender?...well is it punk??.....

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 6:36pm
Titanium
Titanium

Ooops, I'd better withdraw that last comment! I just checked out their current menu and they don't have it anymore...

Been there a couple of times. It's a great place to take a hot date as it has an excellent ambience. The food's great, the beers cold and there are some hot lusties serving it all up for ya!

Check out their website

Swashbucklers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 6:47pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Broadbill has only ever been on the menu periodically, when it was available. Remember that while it may be distasteful to some that it is there, no one is breaking the law in catching or reselling it.  They haven't had it since before Christmas. I've also bought it at seamart and bejasus its good on a barbecue. I'll buy it any time its for sale.

Howeeeeever. ...try Scampi. Then you'll know what all the fuss is about. Expensive, but bloody good.

Favourite dishes for me are whitebait fritters, cajun salmon salad, and fish and chips.

In the bar the fish nibbles and chips are great for $10.

Yay to lusty wenches ... every tiem. I am an unashamed old fashioned sexist....love them lusty wenches.

Errrr... by the way can I just say that Swashbucklers is not one of my clients.

PS: When the America's Cup was on I used to take my overseas journo mates there and they bloody loved it. Tim Jeffery, who is the Daily Telegraph yachting reporter, travels the world constantly covering yachting events (dunno how he does it, personally) and Swashies is the only place on the planet where he will eat oysters. Is that good? I think it is.

Like I say, its the real thing, get it while it lasts because something this good doesn't last for ever.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 6:59pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I understand fully that it is not illegal to catch, sell and serve broadbill but take away the market need for the stuff and it becomes an unprofitable target......it is also about education:

Last year  spent a good hour on the phone talking to a seafood chief and purchaser for one of the swanky "downtown" eateries and I believe by the end of the call he was going to do his best to at least find out more about the current stock levels and about the decline at which the fisherey is suffereing....which might have turned into a small victory, it might not??...actually must do a follow up and see what happened.

anyhoo...feel free to start a thread on this subject someone....Bender?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:02pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yum yum...sounds good thou Bender!!..

Perhaps we need to book a table for 10 or so and see who turns up??....just make sure "it" is not on the menu....My wife wont go to some restaurants with me and oftens walks up a head at Foodtown when approaching the wet fish bar.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:11pm
Titanium
Titanium

Speaking of fricken Foodtown... what is the legal size for commercially sold crayfish?... 40mm across the tail? I fricken kid you guys not! That's what I saw about a week ago. Fricken bastards... Actually this was Countdown Birkenhead... still owned by Progressive who own Foodtown, so same diff!

Sorry guys, should start a new thread on this but I'm still at fricken work and will be for some time and my heart's doing double time trying to meet a fricked up deadline... I'm just having a rant so please ignore me or tell me to STFU!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:20pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Si,

40 CM is a HUUUGE cray is it not.........ya mean 40mm across ?

Go home, ya work too much

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gubbins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:28pm
Gubbins View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Oi porkchop nice piccy with the snout, i find yous strangley atractive.

wanna come round fur dinner one night 

BOO   Who dis bogeyman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:28pm
Titanium
Titanium

Check your eyesight A C, or we'll have to start calling ya Barrie
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:41pm
Titanium
Titanium

Gubbins ya dirty, filthy bastard! What ya done with Woolma?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:46pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

si
just got another 3 CDs of Rick Wakeman...dont give me a hard time
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 7:57pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

LOL Si...........thank our lucky stars for the edit button aye !

Gubbins hey ???..........a bit suspect there ol' son

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 8:00pm
Titanium
Titanium

Anyone got a shotgun I can borrow?... Rick Wakeman cds would make excellent skeets to shoot at!

Come on A C... when did you last get your eyes tested?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2004 at 8:04pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Every six months for glaucoma........and every day when a low cut blouse walks past my office window

Barrie, I thought you said you didn't have a criminal record ?.

I suppose technically you're correct, it's not a record it's a CD.

Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Page  <1234>