Lady anglers

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Diversion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lady anglers
    Posted: 27 Feb 2004 at 10:33am
Diversion View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have  noticed over the last few months an increase in the amount of lady anglers joining the forum. it's interesting to hear things from the female perspective and keeps the blokes on their toes!.  welcome aboard!
From the office of His Lordship

(Mayor of Whangapoua)

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2004 at 10:56am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

well noted Diversion....... and Mandy even showed us she could foot it with the guys by handling the sea conditions out over the bar which were not too pleasant that day........ plus handle a boat when needed........ well done Mandy......
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2004 at 11:28am
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

FUnny that, I was talking about something like this with a friend last night. Her teenage sun had a full blown temper tantrum when his mother deigned to take the boat out without his "supervision" just in case she might damage it and reduce his sking time.

She has  banned him from it full stop, told him exactly what she thought of him and his behaviour and packed him back off to boarding school and recinded all sking competition weekends.

He forgot some fundementals, she is an adult, she has her masters ticket, she bought it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingfishSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2004 at 11:48am
KingfishSi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Female forum members have the knack of showing the boys up. Take Thetis for example... she goes out once and catches a 20lber!

Then there's the girls that haven't discovered this site yet. I know a few chicks that although not too enthused about fishing will still come out and teach us guys a lesson or two.
Keep knockin', nobody's home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2004 at 2:04pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I find there are a lot of women who would love to fish but they have a variety of reasons not to.

1. Someone has to look after the ankle biters (I give em $10 and tell them to bugger off now)

2. Their partners refuse to take them (yup been there, he's gone) and are afraid of being shown up.

3. Sick of innuendo (I'm deaf and dont give a damn anyway)

4. There are a few who think the only reason for a female on a boat is to provide comic and sexual relief. (Have come across this, lessening as I get more wrinkles and get older)

5.Partners of anglers getting insecure about their relationship

This always annoys the hell out of me, especially when they start making snide cracks to my partner who fortunately has the sense and the faith to laugh at them and tell them to stop being moronic.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tobez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2004 at 6:41am
tobez View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

perhaps a fishing.net bakini calander...'slap, biff, bang'...sorry hunny
Waikato North Harbourmaster...Got a Nav Safety question for the Waikato region?...call me 021705642 or download the app Marine Mate!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2004 at 4:50pm
Jo. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

bit late but..........recipes roasted moutain oysters included